PDA

View Full Version : Heaven by Randy Alcorn *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

icebear
December 17th, 2009, 02:26 AM
i keep meaning to buy it in e-format but the money is always needed elsewhere... lol

i like these threads that keep it in mind for me

twinkle
December 17th, 2009, 02:39 AM
I love that book! :nod

It was really hard to give back that borrowed book. :sad

penbrat
December 17th, 2009, 03:45 PM
That is an excellent book

KaiafromBergen
December 17th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I've read this book three times - it is a great book! I like when Randy delves into speculation, he tells you. He is not claiming to know everything, but based on what he reads in the Bible, he makes "educated guesses."

Because of this book, I've been doing my own research, asking for The Holy Spirit's leading, to find out for myself. I've had few good Pastor's in my life, and they've always said, "don't just assume my interpretation is the right one, you need to do the research and study for yourself!"

Rightly dividing the Word of God is the responsibility of ALL Christians (2 Timothy 2:15.) I read many books like "Heaven" in light of this verse.

LightOfMyLife
December 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I own this book. I bought it at Barnes & Noble. I really like this book and recommend reading it. :thumb :yeah

ChristIsKing2008
December 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
A great book. Only read most of it though. Would love to get a copy of it.

EarsToHear
December 19th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I bought it after the Lord took Kitty (see my siggie photo) to learn more about where he was. The two chapters about pets brought tremendous insight into Romans 8, and comfort. The remaining chapters helped me realize much more about Jesus's work on the cross as it relates to the redemption of His fallen creation as a result of Adam and Eve's sin. I can't say enough good things about this book!

Patty13
December 31st, 2009, 10:17 PM
[YOU TUBE VIDEO][/YOU TUBE VIDEO]
I bought it after the Lord took Kitty (see my siggie photo) to learn more about where he was. The two chapters about pets brought tremendous insight into Romans 8, and comfort. The remaining chapters helped me realize much more about Jesus's work on the cross as it relates to the redemption of His fallen creation as a result of Adam and Eve's sin. I can't say enough good things about this book!

I finally ordered this book online tonight after losing my pet last week. I've been very upset all week. All week I've been asking the Lord to help me through this and last night during prayer I felt this peace come over me and I've been feeling much better. But I still want to learn more like you.

Hootmon
December 31st, 2009, 11:04 PM
I finally ordered this book online tonight after losing my pet last week. I've been very upset all week.:hug

Im sure you will find it to be a blessing.

EarsToHear
January 2nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
I am sorry to hear of your loss, Patty13. The book will help tremendously.

Praying for you over at the Pets group. :hug :pray