PDA

View Full Version : Heaven by Randy Alcorn *Merged*

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

all things
April 23rd, 2007, 11:22 AM
I read it last year. I"m reading his newest novel "Deception" based on the characters from "Deadline" and "Dominion". Great author! :thumbup

Violet
April 23rd, 2007, 05:02 PM
I'm half way done. Great book!
:yeah

IMSAVED
April 25th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Do you know that Randy Alcorn has a new fiction book out? It is called Deception.

JCO
April 28th, 2007, 12:53 AM
I'm about halfway through his book on Heaven now.

It's definitely a much different writing style then his book "Edge of Eternity." That was a Christian-themed fiction book.

I think the book on Heaven is interesting, but it's very heavy on theology so far, and light on the kind of compelling descriptions that made "Edge of Eternity" such a page-turner.

Leialoha
April 28th, 2007, 01:16 AM
I recommend it as well. Great book.

If you desire to have your gut kicked out of passive Christianity try reading his fiction book, Safely Home. I gave my copy away, but think I'll buy another one to read it again.

jayna
April 28th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I recommend it as well. Great book.

If you desire to have your gut kicked out of passive Christianity try reading his fiction book, Safely Home. I gave my copy away, but think I'll buy another one to read it again.

I haven't heard of that one, I'll have to check it out. Title sounds great. :)

JCO
May 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM
I actually think the book (Heaven) getting more interesting. I'm at the part where he is talking about New Jerusalem, and giving details based on biblical accounts of its descriptions. It sounds wonderful!

Leialoha, I haven't read Safely Home yet, but I really enjoyed Alcorn's book Edge of Eternity. I got that one from my local library, and reading at a somewhat leisurely pace, I had the thing finished in just a few days. I've heard the book described as a modern-day version of The Pilgrim's Progress.

IMSAVED
May 1st, 2007, 11:48 AM
Edge of Eternity was one of my very favorite books.

twinkle
May 26th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I just finished reading "Heaven". I thought the book was very good. I liked it that Alcorn doesn't limit what God can do.

Anything that is found in scripture, Alcorn follows, and Alcorn uses some imagination at times to explain the possibilities of heaven. Where some bible passages didn't make sense to me before, Alcorn does a good job of explaining.

After reading this book, I am much more excited about heaven than I was before! In fact, I can hardly wait!

lisa
May 26th, 2008, 12:08 PM
:thumb It's truly a great book. :nod

Randy Alcorn has a great website for further resources on Heaven, and other topics that effect the Christian life. It's call Eternal Perspective Ministries. Check out the link below.

www.epm.org