PDA

View Full Version : Heaven by Randy Alcorn *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

KaiafromBergen
May 22nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
The book was/is a blessing to our family - my sister discovered it shortly after our mother went HOME. My dad has sent copies of the book to friends and family member who have lost loved ones as well.

gacman0
May 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
The weirdest thing is that Heaven in the book (the new earth) is quite different from how I envisioned Heaven prior to reading the book. But the Heaven he describes is better than I pictured in my mind. And he backs everything he says up with Scripture. After having read it, I have so much more anticipation now than before. :thumb

watchwoman
May 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
I loved the book. I used the children's version when I was talking to my dd about the rapture, heaven, etc. We talked about how we felt before going on a vacation to someplace we'd never been before - excited but nervous. We discussed how we get brochures, go online for information, etc. so we have definite ideas about the place we're going to see on vacation, and how that helps us feel less nervous.

We went through the book section by section and talked about what heaven will be like. Now we have definite pictures in our heads about what we'll be seeing and what we'll be doing (my dd has already talked about what jobs she wants in heaven!) I've also recommended both the adult and children's version to several other people, and always gotten good feedback. :thumb

DMac
May 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
I I read Randy Alcorn's book "Safely Home" and enjoyed it very much.

That is a very good book.:thumb

MerryInOKC
May 24th, 2009, 03:44 AM
I loved that book! My Mom just passed away in March and I thought of that book. I really need to read it again! My emotions have just been so raw since March, but I feel I can handle it now and of course get so much out of it again....I know that just before my Mom passed away my sister was reading it to her....My Mom was 82.:thumb

happycamper
May 31st, 2009, 02:12 PM
I had heard so many good things about "Heaven" that I bought 2 copies - intending to give one to my MIL. Although I thought it was thought provoking and encouraging, I was mostly disappointed. It was overly long, and repetitive and he quoted human authors like himself and CS Lewis far more than the Bible.

I also don't necessarily agree that we are going to return to a "Garden of Eden" state when we return to the new earth. I am positive that the earth will be beautiful, that we will work, that we will continue relationships with saved people we knew here, but I don't agree with his assertion that we will have organic bodies with all our current bodily functions. Sorry, I just can't see Moses using the loo. - Or having relations.

I'm not sorry I bought my copy, but I couldn't bring myself to give the other to my MIL so i would read it before you buy some to give out.

gacman0
June 1st, 2009, 02:56 PM
I don't agree with his assertion that we will have organic bodies with all our current bodily functions.
Is there Biblical evidence that says otherwise?

Sorry, I just can't see Moses using the loo
Did he say this in the book?

Or having relations.
Alcorn said that no one would in heaven.

Amber Lynne
June 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
I see earth as a clear picture of heaven....but in heaven we will have perfect bodies and not ever sin. I have no trouble seeing up use the loo in heaven, but I don't believe we will be intimate...no need because we won't be having kids.

Mommytoa3rdgradeboy
June 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
I JUST started reading it. So many people here seem to have gained a lot of knowledge/insightfullness from reading it, I thought I'd do the same. Wait to wait for about 2 months to get the library's only copy of it!!!

His Bride
June 2nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Wonderful book. Excellent to keep as a reference in your library.