PDA

View Full Version : Heaven by Randy Alcorn *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

skywatcher
October 9th, 2009, 04:51 PM
'LOVED this book :) ---
It's completely scriptural
(Randy's careful to tell the reader if a point is speculative, or if it's directly from the Word)---

Visit Randy Alcorn's website, www.epm.org--

You can read portions of chapters from the book, and Randy's answers to questions others have asked--

Be sure to read about his Christian fiction , too--
I've really been blessed by all of his books, fiction or non--:thumb

His videos and blog are excellent, too!
A website to explore carefully, and often!

Highly-recommended--all of it! :yeah

:hug
Jan

ChristIsKing2008
October 9th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I've read the book (well most of it). I recommend it as well.
It gave me comfort and also excitement at what will happen in the future when we will be with Jesus on the New Earth. :yeah

twisty58
December 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
hey... :-). I am reading Randy Alcorn's book, Heaven. Seems like a good book so far except that he has a quote from Dallas Willard in there. Should I be alarmed? Thanks for your help.:hug

Hootmon
December 7th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Should I be alarmed?Nope.

I dont know the specific quote you are talking about, but even the 'wrongest' person can be correct occasionally. It would be a shame to miss out on an otherwise excellent book.

m2pinggggggg
December 7th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Nope.

I dont know the specific quote you are talking about, but even the 'wrongest' person can be correct occasionally. It would be a shame to miss out on an otherwise excellent book.

Exactly! I've heard good reviews from friends about Randys book. For some reason I'm not attracked to very many books of anyones, except historical auto's, or bio's on men like Robert E. Lee and Washington these days.

NewWorldOrder
December 7th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I haven't read it either, and I've heard very good reviews on the book. The thing is, my pastor has been using his book to teach on Heaven, and I hate it when he does that because a lot of times he chooses books that are written by wishy-washy writers. :rolleyes So, I'm always skeptical when my pastor recommends a book.

Amber Lynne
December 7th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Nope.

:agree It is a fabulous book. I have it on my iPod and it is about time to listen to it again! :yeah

Hootmon
December 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Well... I have read it and can recommend it.

A lot of it is speculation, but that speculation is still based on Scripture.

Amber Lynne
December 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
It is, IMHO, a great deal of common sense that we can infer based on Scripture. I really enjoyed it and read (well, listen to it) at least twice a year.

twisty58
December 7th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks so much for all your help and insight! I really appreciate it!