PDA

View Full Version : (Was...A Mormon U.S. President - Could This Fit Into Prophecy?) Now is LDS a Cult?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

JohnnyHye
June 9th, 2007, 01:53 PM
It's going to be funny when you get to Heaven and Romney and Glen Beck are there. :)

Which heaven would that be??? Celestial Kingdom, Telestial Kingdom, or Terrestrial Kingdom??? Will we get to visit his planet in outer space also??? :lol2

BrckBrln
June 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
You can MAKE FUN of people all you want. Doesn't seem very Christian to me though. Maybe you will go to Hell. :)

CelticMist
June 9th, 2007, 02:57 PM
He is a Mormon...

I swear, the number of people on here who know nothing about either their own religion or other religions so that they know the differences, is astounding.

If he has accepted the true Jesus Christ as his savior, he woudl NOT be a Mormon. Plain. Simple.
I think your observation is a bit harsh. I find many on this board very knowledgable about Christianty and religions.

Won't get into this with you, but check your own self before making a broad statement like you have. It might "amaze" you!!!

JohnnyHye
June 9th, 2007, 03:49 PM
You can MAKE FUN of people all you want. Doesn't seem very Christian to me though. Maybe you will go to Hell. :)

I'm making fun of the idiot religion of mormonism, not the people themselves. The people are deceived.

Funny, but it's OK for people to say "idiot islamist" and "idiot Muslims" and nobody gets upset that they MAKE FUN of people...but for a mormon somehow the rules change.

It's clear that there is a grass roots movement starting to bring Mormonism mainstream, and its main proponents are those who profess to be Christians. Sad, too, because Christians have always recognized Mormonism for the DEMONIC CULT that it is.

CountryBumpkin
June 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
thank you... excuse the expression but its been a living hell since one sister got in the Mormon belief. I know she accepted OUR Jesus, when we were younger... we are working on getting her out ... but it has been a hard road to travel.

:hug I have a dear friend caught up in the William Branham cult and I will keep praying for her as long as I feel lead to and as long as she is open to hearing the truth. However, I do believe that there might come a day when I will need to apply that scripture and distance myself from her - hard as that might be.

lisa
June 9th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I'm making fun of the idiot religion of mormonism, not the people themselves. The people are deceived.

Funny, but it's OK for people to say "idiot islamist" and "idiot Muslims" and nobody gets upset that they MAKE FUN of people...but for a mormon somehow the rules change.

It's clear that there is a grass roots movement starting to bring Mormonism mainstream, and its main proponents are those who profess to be Christians. Sad, too, because Christians have always recognized Mormonism for the DEMONIC CULT that it is.

Actually, it's not ok to call anyone names on our board. We have a witness to protect and sins to win for Christ. Neither can be achieved if we are insulting those that are lost.

lisa
June 9th, 2007, 08:28 PM
He is a Mormon...

I swear, the number of people on here who know nothing about either their own religion or other religions so that they know the differences, is astounding.

If he has accepted the true Jesus Christ as his savior, he woudl NOT be a Mormon. Plain. Simple.

srogue, I urge you to be patient with everyone on our board. We are all learning together. Some have walked longer with the Lord than others. Insulting folks who don't know something is neither helpful, nor a very loving attitude to take. I must say I'm a bit concerned that this is the tone you are taking with members after only 4 posts on our board.

CelticMist
June 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM
:hug I have a dear friend caught up in the William Branham cult and I will keep praying for her as long as I feel lead to and as long as she is open to hearing the truth. However, I do believe that there might come a day when I will need to apply that scripture and distance myself from her - hard as that might be.
yes, I agree... it took this board to wake me up... but, as long as the Spirit tells me to keep praying and witnessing to my sister.. I will do so. I don't want her left out of heaven.

Johnny_Ray
July 2nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
I don't want to debate who is going either, but I did hear Romney in last nights debate saying that Jesus Christ is his one true savior... now...cultish religion arguments aside, how does he not qualify to go?

One of the problems in dealing with cults, (esp Mormons) is that they use the same words and phrases as we do but they have their own definition of them. Another thing to consider is 2 john 9. If you do not have the right christ, the one of the bible, then you do not have the father either. If the christ he is claiming is the christ that is taught in Mormonism, then he does not have the right one, nor the right father:ohno

Betty
July 2nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
There have always been cults, but it does seem cults are working harder to enter into the main stream and to make themselves appear "Christian"
My husband was confused about 10 years ago when Mormons started to give away Bibles on TV. He thought this meant that they were a Christian Religion.
When we moved to Montana for the 3 months 2 young ladies from the Mormon Church visited us and they were very nice. My husband just could not understand why I did not want to go to their Church. When we moved back to Texas he talked to our Pastor who helped him see the truth. Sadly, I believe because the use the name of Jesus when they come to your door and they give away Bibles that they have led many a person astray.
The Christian Science group is not using the name Christian by mistake. We need to be wise and teach our children well, because they can be easily led away from the truth.
betty