PDA

View Full Version : (Was...A Mormon U.S. President - Could This Fit Into Prophecy?) Now is LDS a Cult?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

C. Little
June 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Everyone seems to think that Romney has a pretty good shot at the White House. Have any of you thought how this could fit into prophecy? If the rapture occurs, a mormon president would not be raptured. How would he explain this that would fit into his beliefs?

Just a thought that occurred to me as I was watching the news this morning.

Joseph The Carpenter
June 6th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I do not want to guess who will be raptured, but everything fits into GOD'S plan.:hug

SisterNChrist
June 6th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Everyone seems to think that Romney has a pretty good shot at the White House. Have any of you thought how this could fit into prophecy? If the rapture occurs, a mormon president would not be raptured. How would he explain this that would fit into his beliefs?

Just a thought that occurred to me as I was watching the news this morning.

Very interesting summation you have there, C. Little.:scratch :idunno :scripture

tml1432
June 6th, 2007, 09:44 AM
I don't want to debate who is going either, but I did hear Romney in last nights debate saying that Jesus Christ is his one true savior... now...cultish religion arguments aside, how does he not qualify to go?

C. Little
June 6th, 2007, 09:55 AM
If you really dig into mormonism, you'll find that they have some really strange beliefs. They will also tell you that the Book of Mormon takes precedence over the Bible. They believe that when the book of mormon and the Bible differ, they must go by what the book of mormon says. They also believe that Satan and Jesus are brothers, and are both God's children. They also have a complete different view of who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. It really is basically a cult, with some pretty whacky views.

Joseph The Carpenter
June 6th, 2007, 10:01 AM
I agree about their wacky views, and whoever is president after the rapture will spin for the ac.

HisAlways
June 6th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I don't want to debate who is going either, but I did hear Romney in last nights debate saying that Jesus Christ is his one true savior... now...cultish religion arguments aside, how does he not qualify to go?
Wow....I missed that. Thanks for sharing. Now, I'm really curious also why this would "disqualify" him from going.

me go!
June 6th, 2007, 10:52 AM
but Paul warned the church at Galatia about adhering to another other gospel, even if it were brought to them by an angel from Heaven. Just tacking Jesus Name to anything doesn't necessarily ordain it. ...But on the other hand, Mormon or not, I truly hope Mitt Romney has indeed come to a personal saving relationship with the One and Only Begotten Son of God.

Rondaben
June 6th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Many will come to him and say "Lord, Lord" and he will say "Depart, for I new you not." It's not your profession that Jesus is Lord that saves you, it is Faith. Faith in a God that you have created to suit your own beliefs is not Faith in Jesus---it is Idolatry and a false hope.

JohnnyHye
June 6th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Those of you who wonder why a mormon can't be a Christian despite stating that Jesus is their Savior have obviously not looked into what Mormonism really is. It would be wise of you to do so rather than simply "wondering" why they wouldn't be raptured or saved. Here is some information that will shed light on the subject for you.

Mormons have crafted their religion in such a way that they can say things on the surface which will make Christians think they are also Christians. Underneath it, however, are beliefs which change the reality of what they are claiming.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Jesus is their Lord and Savior and believe that faith in Christ is necessary for salvation.
WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Jesus is not the same as God the Father, he is a separate god, not as high as "Heavenly Father". Jesus is the spirit-brother to all humans and Lucifer, we were all 'born' in the "pre-existence" to Heavenly Father and one of his many goddess-wives.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Salvation is by Faith in Jesus and His Death and Suffering
WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Salvation is by faith "after all we can do", in other words, first you need to do all you can in works, and THEN to cover the rest of what you are unable to earn, faith in Jesus is necessary. Faith in Jesus is worthless if you didn't work first to do "all you can do". Also, Jesus paid for our sins by suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, and also a little bit by his death on the cross, but mostly from suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Heavenly Father is the One True God
WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Jesus is actually another true god who is lower in status than Heavenly Father. Also, while Heavenly father is OUR One True God, he was once a man like us, who earned his godhood through the magickal rites of mormonism, and before him his one true god was also a man once, etc. Also, we can all become One True Gods of our own planets, but we will never be gods to our Heavenly Father.

The Mormon religion is rife with blasphemy and teachings straight from Lucifer and Hell itself. Their main belief is that we can be gods ourselves, which is Lucifer's own sin of Pride when he said "I WILL be like the Most High". Also, because of the occultism in Mormonism, there is much sex worship, and a lot of what they look forward to is eternal sex with their goddess wives (I'm not sure what mormon women look forward to, to be honest).

Don't be fooled by some mormon LIAR like Mitt Romney. He outright lies when he says that mormonism is "christian" and is "no different from most" Christian denominations.