PDA

View Full Version : animals acting strange

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

zhan
June 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
A squirrel attacked a friend the other day while she was gardening...it left and came back 5 times to get her....then it attacked the cedar fence. I think it had some anger issues!

That's totally odd for a squirrel. If it actually managed to bite/scratch her, she might want to be checked out for rabies. I don't know how it is in your area, but it was a pretty big concern when I was growing up.

star
June 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM
A squirrel attacked a friend the other day while she was gardening...it left and came back 5 times to get her....then it attacked the cedar fence. I think it had some anger issues!

Or Rabies:fear

FaithContender
June 5th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Or Rabies:fear

Yeah, usually squirrels don't attack unless they're rabid:panic

LoveforChrist
June 5th, 2008, 12:10 PM
not all birds nest in trees if a shrub was near by there could have been a birds nest nearby.

Thats what I'm telling you. Nothing is around that could hold a nest. No bushes, no trees that are big. We were in front of our garage with it open. On our drive way. We are out there every single day at the same time to walk. Those birds have never been around. Since that day - or before that day. My husband and I thought it was odd. We are a new neighborhood - so nothing is big.

That is normal behavior from a bird if there is a nest. But just come attack the dog and not us - seemed different.

WCG777
June 5th, 2008, 01:08 PM

squirels are like all other mammals and will defend there young if a nest is close by. However becareful of rabies. also as a side note squirels can and do eat meat.

I remember one time I went to the beach and my family went to have lunch. we found a table and started eating shortly another family that we didnt know came up to the picnic table next to the one we are. This other family put out all there food including fried chicken. The family then left and went to the beach. However me and the rest of my family seat and watched as squriels came and started eating there lunch. We tried to chase them off but that didnt last very long. In the end the squriels ate two whole fried chickens.

MovingforJesus
June 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Sunday morning coming home from Church I saw a deer that had horns. Hubby told me I was seeing things,( to early in the Year )
Then the next day he saw a deer with horns. 27 -30 miles away from where we where, this is not a common thing as it is way to early in the year for this. Has anyone notice others?

Brookejayde
June 6th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Keep in mind we just moved here so i'm really not sure if it's normal or not. But it really caught me off guard. Anyhow, we live next to a lake. Two days in a row now i've seen turtles. Yesterday when I was leaving, there was a whole mess of them on the road and in the grass near the road. Yes, I'm a softy and I picked them up and moved them off the road. Today coming home, my daughter(13) started shrieking "look at the heard of baby bunnies!" We could see things moving in the neighbors rather tall grass. We walked over and looked, more of the things. I have only EVER encountered a wild turtle 1 other time. Now these turtle gangs in 2 days? And no, they weren't snappers. They were striped legged ones, I think red ear sliders.