PDA

View Full Version : The Tattoo & Piercing page

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

Cherished
March 26th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Try rereading that, i said in that sort of ink.

You sure did..I didn't understand you the first time I read it. Sorry. :hug That still doesn't change my position on tattoos though. I can't say one way or the other is absolutely wrong, I can only defend my opinion, and that is all it is, an opinion.

Howdy
March 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM
When I look at the laws in the OT I look at them as principals to live by not so much as law. Also would like to add that alot of the laws were to help the people that were out in the wilderness survive. Infections and poor diet caused death. No you do not have to heed the laws to be a christian but you may have wanted to back in those days to survive. IMO

SuperMen
March 26th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I think this topic could be taken down many different avenues and each one would have a somewhat valid argument...

I personally have 13 tattoos...I have been a Christ follower for as long as I can remember and have never once felt guilty for getting one...

Now If you go out and get an offensive tattoo...probably not the best idea...I would say that if you want to get one...get one...I would take time in thinking about if and what you get...cause they donít rub off...

I will say that my tattoos have really opened up a lot of opportunities to witness in prisons and rougher neighborhoods because we had that commend ground...

I did also get most of them in my younger days and have never grown embarrassed of them...they tell the story of my life...

Christian Kid
March 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Exactly I want them to glorify God. God knows why I want it, and maybe God will send people my way and ask questions about it. I never said we should throw out the OT nor was I applying anything negative. God changed His rules bc He loved us. He knew people were going to eat unclean things to shave their beards etc...
The fact of the matter is that I made up my mind. This is my way expressing my love for our God. Some people write songs, poems, paint. I get tattoos haha. Everyone has their own way praising God.

1master
March 26th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Exactly I want them to glorify God. God knows why I want it, and maybe God will send people my way and ask questions about it. I never said we should throw out the OT nor was I applying anything negative. God changed His rules bc He loved us. He knew people were going to eat unclean things to shave their beards etc...
The fact of the matter is that I made up my mind. This is my way expressing my love for our God. Some people write songs, poems, paint. I get tattoos haha. Everyone has their own way praising God.

Christian Kid...If you want to get those tattoos thats up to you. In your quote I see something that needs to be addressed though. Yes, God does love us and NO he did not change His rules at all and certainly not because He knew we were going to eat unclean things and shave our beards. The God of the Old Testament is the same God we serve today. In short, Jesus Christ FULFILLED the Law... and the Prophets concerning the comming of the Messiah. The Old Testament shows us the very Love and Character of the Almighty and we also need it to be able to understand New Testament Prophesies and time frames concerning the end times. It is one big beautifully orchastrated(sp) book that that only God Himself could put together for us. I hope this helps and if you have any questions whatsoever on this you should start some new threads under their designated sections. There is a wealth of knowledge out there for you to take a hold of.

God Bless

Jillian
March 26th, 2009, 08:28 PM
At one time, yes. These days it's just the thing to do. I especially notice a lot of women, especially young women getting tattoos. It's all the rage. It means nothing in particular anymore. I personally don't care for them, myself.

I also don't see why a Christian would even want to get one. I don't see where it would be necessary. It doesn't prove anything, and its not going to make one closer to God. And I agree with Saire Arkalla. :thumb

The thing to do may not be the "Right" thing to do. Just because something is trendy doesn't make it right. We are living in the last days when the world is doing all kinds of things. but we are not of the world. our values are higher.

Please , don't get a tattoo. They are never pretty , no matter how small or how so-called Christian. they may be. Remember , we are in the world , but not of the world. So let the world have it's worldly things like tattoos and such. :hug

TwinklingOfanEye
March 26th, 2009, 08:50 PM
The thing to do may not be the "Right" thing to do. Just because something is trendy doesn't make it right.
Did i say it was right? :doh I was just explaining how the world thinks and what THEY do. I never said i agreed.

We are living in the last days when the world is doing all kinds of things. but we are not of the world. our values are higher.

Please , don't get a tattoo. They are never pretty , no matter how small or how so-called Christian. they may be. Remember , we are in the world , but not of the world. So let the world have it's worldly things like tattoos and such. :hug
Amen!

Gottschell
March 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
You sure did..I didn't understand you the first time I read it. Sorry. :hug That still doesn't change my position on tattoos though. I can't say one way or the other is absolutely wrong, I can only defend my opinion, and that is all it is, an opinion.

Don't worry about it, as long as i'm understood i'm happy.

Tattoos are more a matter of why you get them, then having them.
(In my opinion, of course.)

frankly forgiven
March 27th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Every time I read these tattoo posts I think they would be much less offensive if personal opinions were left out.

My husband is a tattoo artist and a christian. He's obviously covered in tattoos. I also have 11 tattoos and I'm close to our Lord as well. To both of us, and the people my husband works with, tattoos are foremost art, and self expression.

For about a year now I've been planning my next tattoo. I already know I want it to be a strong witness.

Alot of people as you can tell, will judge you for having tattoos. People will look at you different. Thats something to consider before getting a first tattoo. It was very hard for my husband and I to find a church to attend where we weren't judged or given sideways looks.

HOWEVER. People with tattoos are usually attracted to other peoples tattoos. In other words, in public, people with tattoos will want to look at yours if they can see it. Its an excellent witness to people you might not normally get to talk to. I've been thinking about getting a verse on my arm, but then I thought it might be harder to read. I'd rather have something that would cause people to ask, so that I can witness and share Jesus. I want to make sure its a good clear witness, and not just another tattoo in my collection.

I'd also like to add, that in his field, my husband gets to daily witness to tons of people, and his co-workers who for the most part don't believe in God at all. God has blessed his work, and our family in so many ways, I don't for a second think that simply getting a tattoo is evil. I think that this subject, is much like the holidays, and different people are going to be convicted in different ways. Its not up to us to judge what the other is doing. We should instead be happy that we're all saved and we get to fellowship with each other. Finger pointing and negative opinions aren't very nice.

Jillian
March 27th, 2009, 08:13 AM
If personal opinions were left out , there probably would be few posts lol.