PDA

View Full Version : Iced Coffee Recipes

Pages : [1] 2

Katia_0203
July 21st, 2008, 12:03 AM
Anyone have any delicious iced coffee recipes? I love my coffee, but its just too hot to drink hot coffee in the summer, you know?

lyngraphics
July 21st, 2008, 12:06 AM
Oh! I need some of those also! Yummy!

Patti311
July 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM
Well it's not really a recipe but I love hazelnut coffee....so I just brew an extra strong pot, then fill a cup or mug with ice, pour the hot brewed coffee over the ice then add hazelnut creamer. I end up with iced hazelnut coffee. :)

knit-together
July 22nd, 2008, 11:05 AM
Yes ! I do ! :wave

Make one quart of very strong coffee (I use six measures of coffee to just over 4 cups of water)..

ADD;
1/4 cup International Hazelnut creamer (in the frig section),,
And a huge glug of French vanilla cream, also in frig section...

And add about 3 large tablespoons of honey....

Cool,,,,pour over ice and enjoy !!!! :tea

sojourner
July 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
Wow ! Thanks knit-together.....I'm going to try that tomorrow !
:cheer:woohoo:hyper

His Bride
July 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Okay, now you're all making me hungry. Hazelnut is my favorite coffee. I buy one that has coconut in it as well. Tomorrow I will make extra so that I can have it iced in the afternoon. A friend of mine adds a packet of hot chocolate mix to hers when it is still hot. Have to try that as well.

Itiswell
July 25th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Not a recipe, but a tip. DS and I were in a little "Mom and Pop" coffee shop in town the other day and I saw their secret - they make coffee ice cubes so the taste is not diluted with plain ice when they put it in the blender! It was SOOO rich and good, mmmmm.

I have two trays of coffee ice cubes in my freezer now!

icebear
August 2nd, 2008, 01:13 PM
another thing to try is putting spices in with the ground coffee before brewing it... i put a few teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice mix in my coffee sometimes- its good cold or hot, if you do it cold it creates this wonderful fall time association.... plain cinnamon is also very nice... just cream and sugar it as usual.

adding a packet of hot cocoa mix is nice too- before you add the ice, also using the milk flavoring syrups- strawberry or malt.... very yummy, those you can add when its cold since they are meant for cold milk.

CharlotteMc
August 28th, 2008, 10:54 PM
If you are like me and just want the taste of coffee you can try this: I make my pot of coffee strong (no other way to drink coffee IMHO) the night before. Add sugar and put in fridge. Next morning I add half and half and ice cubes and Whala! you have iced coffee. I used to go to McD every morning for iced coffee but since they are on my do not visit list I have started making my own this way.

Kingskid
August 30th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Easy Iced Coffee

6 cups hot coffee (any kind, brewed or instant, even decaf)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (regular or fat free -- either is fine) -- NOT evaporated milk.
Combine and chill.

Everyone wants the recipe when I serve this!