PDA

View Full Version : Psalm 83 War & Fall of Damascus

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129

God'sGraceInMe
March 23rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Thank you, Steve53. :thumb Reading that really stirred my soul. It saddens me to think of all the death and destruction that is heading our way, but am thrilled to know that God's promises will be fulfilled and that He will finally be given the praise and worship that He deserves. It is hard to believe that it is going to take such horrendous things to happen in order for people to finally know and accept Jesus, since He has always given His love and grace so freely.

Steve53
March 23rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Thank you, Steve53. :thumb Reading that really stirred my soul.

:hat

.... am thrilled to know that God's promises will be fulfilled and that He will finally be given the praise and worship that He deserves.

:preach

It is hard to believe that it is going to take such horrendous things to happen in order for people to finally know and accept Jesus, since He has always given His love and grace so freely.

Even harder to believe that there will still be those who's hearts will remain hard and defiant unto death. :tsk

tryingtodomybest
March 23rd, 2011, 09:05 PM
[There is going to be another holocaust during the latter half of the Tribulation. When Satan is cast down to earth, he will possess the Antichrist (Revelation 13:2 (http://biblia.com/bible/niv/Revelation%2013.2)) and inspire him to annihilate all the Jews. This is the reason that Jesus referred to the last half of the Tribulation as "the great tribulation" (Matthew 24:21 (http://biblia.com/bible/niv/Matthew%2024.21)) — not because this half will be worse than the first half, but because the wrath of Satan will be focused on the Jews.]

Wow, I'm always learning new things on this site! I always thought that the first half of the Tribulation would be relatively peaceful - this makes a lot more sense. I love coming here and learning from you guys and gals!

TaliaKirana
March 23rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
:thumb Excellent post, Steve53!

LightOfMyLife
April 16th, 2011, 10:03 PM
It is a prayer for God's victory over Israel's enemies. Here is a very interesting link. http://www.raptureready.com/soap/psalm83-1.html :hug :hat

WVBORN56
April 19th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I think we are getting very very close as this prophetic scripture sounds like we are reading straight form the headlines of the newspaper...

Psalm 83

O God, do not keep silent; be not quiet, O God, be not still. See how your enemies are astir, how your foes rear their heads. With cunning they conspire against your people; they plot against those you cherish.

“Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation, that the name of Israel be remembered no more.”

With one mind they plot together; they form an alliance against you- the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, of Moab and the Hagrites, Gebal, Ammon and Amalek, Philistia, with the people of Tyre. Even Assyria has joined them to lend strength to the descendants of Lot. (Ps. 83:1-8)

:pray for Israel

RaptureReady_7
April 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
You are so correct WVBORN! And what witnessing tools these headlines have become for showing people what the Bible actually says. God will open people';s hearts who seek the truth.

I have been talking with a young Muslim in Malaysia for almost a year and we talk about Christianity, Islam end times and stuff.

He has been showing me stuff about the Gog/Magog war from an Islamic perspective and I explained that the only info that they have to go from is the Bible. That is the only place that predicts this particular war.

And I explained to him what is going on in the middle east making it very possible for Psalm 83 to happen. The countries mentioned are a lot of the countries rioting now. And even the fulfillment of Isaiah 17. I post the very Bible verses that references this stuff.

He tried telling me that the Qur'an predicted all this stuff and an bunch of other things. And he didn't show me where it says it in the Qur'an just where some "scholars" say that it is in the Qur'an. And most of the stuff is actually just a platform to say how the PTB are lying on Islam and that the Mossad really planned it all, etc, etc, etc.

I said that if it was true that the Qur'an really predicted all the recent events, moon landing, genetic code of the bee (?????), sputnik and stuff, then Achmadinejad and Bin Laden would have been screaming to the world and showing the world where the Qur'an says it.

Instead, I have been showing him where the Bible shows that judgment is coming. That when Jesus comes for the Church, and the world is going to suffer horribly. That once Jesus comes at the 2nd Coming it will be too late to change their minds.

The Bible is showing these things are near, so very near. We just need to keep showing people what God's word is actually saying. That only the Bible shows what is coming, in detail.

We don't need to strive over this point or that. Just keep showing God's word and never let up.

Gideon300
April 19th, 2011, 03:41 PM
It is a prayer for God's victory over Israel's enemies. Here is a very interesting link. http://www.raptureready.com/soap/psalm83-1.html :hug :hat

The problem with this author's interpretation of Psalm 83 just being a prayer is that prophecy from Psalm 83 has begun its process of fulfillment.

The very nations listed in Psalm 83 are the nations that came together in 1945 to form the Arab League. At the same time the Arab League formed Jews were returning to the Holy Land to set up a new Jewish state, and three years later the Arab League declared war on the new state of Israel to make them a nation no more.

Compare the founding members of the Arab League with the nations listed in Psalm 83:

http://www.arab.de/arabinfo/league.htm

Another issue I take with this author is that he states proponents of the Psalm 83 war state that the rapture will occur before this war and that there will be a gap between the rapture and the tribulation. He also states that the Bible teaches that there is no gap between the rapture and the tribulation... First, I have never heard anyone that is a proponent of the Psalm 83 war view state the rapture will occur before this event. I'm sure there are some, but I have never read anyone who stated this. Next, the Bible does not teach that there will be no gap. The Bible does not teach timing between the rapture and the tribulation other than it will occur before the antichrist is revealed.

Also, how does this author rectify the fact that in Ezekiel 38 the nation of Israel is living in peace and safety without any walls around their villages? Or that the valley Gog is buried in is modern day Jordan? Something has to occur to change these issues. Also, the nations listed in Psalm 83 are absent in Ezekiel 38 & 39...why? These were major foes that Ezekiel was well aware of, especially Assyria.

logosone
April 19th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, it probably is in the Quran.

After Mohammad and his henchmen took it
from the Bible and reversed it all with their own spin

RaptureReady_7
April 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah, it probably is in the Quran.

After Mohammad and his henchmen took it
from the Bible and reversed it all with their own spin

I don't think that the moon landing, genetic codes of bees, Sputnik and stuff are in the Bible either. :heh

He was telling me that those specific events and others were listed in the Qur'an. :shocked