PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bickle and International House of Prayer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Buzzardhut
January 1st, 2008, 06:44 AM
Our church is called Voice Ministries and its in Elkhart, Indiana.
You attend an I.H.O.P. church

12. Voice Ministries (http://www.searchforchurch.org/Indiana/Osceola_46561_catholic_churches.php)
58300 Ash Rd
Osceola, IN
(574) 674-8199
http://www.ihop-michiana.com

looks like voice is a buzz word
voice = prayer

4given
January 1st, 2008, 07:50 AM
Is a Cult and nothing more. I have researched them deeply. My niece is a deceived member in their charade. They teach the Church will go through the Tribulation.

They are forcing my niece to cut all ties with her family. They are trying to force her into their foreign missions. They made her quit her job to become a more enlightened member. They are charging her $2500 to attend their brainwashing school.

Bickle is in trouble with the IRS. The list goes on research them on the web, the trail stinks.:hehee

A Berean
January 1st, 2008, 07:55 AM
Is a Cult and nothing more. I have researched them deeply. My niece is a deceived member in their charade. They teach the Church will go through the Tribulation.

They are forcing my niece to cut all ties with her family. They are trying to force her into their foreign missions. They made her quit her job to become a more enlightened member. They are charging her $2500 to attend their brainwashing school.

Bickle is in trouble with the IRS. The list goes on research them on the web, the trail stinks.:hehee

:tsk Wow!! I know when I see the name "William Branham" connected with anything, it's bad news and apostasy!

Violet
January 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
We had attended an AOG church for a few years. Our head pastor always promised he would protect us from error...

But in reality this is what we found to be the case.

One of the pastors (a woman) would always say she belonged to "another denomination" but would never say which one. Turns out it was WOF, she got her license via a home study course. She selectively let a few people she could "trust" know the truth.

Our church started but did not finish 40 days of Purpose.

Our church is seeker sensitive, having many family activities that make people feel comfortable and welcome. Our pastor has a plan to increase church membership by strategy not genuine repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We had plays (as part of every sermon every Sunday for years) to lead people to Christ, instead of solid Bible teaching.

Our head pastor talked about this wonderful couple from our church going to this wonderful place to learn how to pray. Turns out it was I.H.O.P.

I was curious as I had never heard about I.H.O.P before. I started researching I.H.O.P. and Mike Bickle and came across the same information posted here.

I was shocked and concerned thinking our poor pastor was being hoodwinked (he did make a comment once during a sermon that he lacked "discernment").

I called our head pastor and simply asked him if he was aware of Mike Bickle's association to the Kansas prophets and the Toronto Blessing.

He told me he would "check it out."

He called me back; his voice was oddly soothing and plastic as he said I have nothing to worry about, he's checked everything out and everything is ok, all this happened back in the 1970s. (This was in regards to the admitted falsehoods spread during the Toronto Blessing movement.) It was so long ago and everyone has changed.

No, this happened in the 1990s. Was my pastor lying to me?

The Toronto Blessing just got a little out of hand, he said, but I.H.O.P. really is the move of God. It's only prayer after all and prayer is a good thing.

One Sunday we had an instructor come from I.H.O.P. to preach. It was like listening to a demon. Afterwards they invited people to come up and be prophesied over. It was demonic. They were practicing magic art as they told you things only you knew and had secret revelation from God for you.

The Lord had completely lifted the veil and I saw clearly what our church really was.

This church that I had been attending, the loving people who helped me during one of the most difficult times of my life, was deep into the apostasy.

The Lord opened my eyes to the "half-truths" and "subtle hints" that always made me feel uneasy. I had never heard about WOF, I.H.O.P. etc before.

We left that church fast. We are attending a solid Bible teaching Baptist church that has no contemporary Christian Praise and worship, no 40 days of purpose, no seeker sensitive agenda, no half truths and lies, no teachings of doctrines of demons.

My first hand observations of what I learned during the time I was at the AOG church.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

1. The Lord showed me first hand that we are deep into the apostasy. I always thought that the apostasy would be so obvious it would slap you in the face.

2. Those involved are very sincere (and forceful) about doing what they believe is God's will. The problem is they are deadly wrong and are leading congregations into hell with them. One phrase the female pastor said once was "I want to be the next Joyce Meyers". -Not, "I want to serve Christ", not "His will be done". I believe these leaders really know what they are doing and have an agenda. I know that our pastors had an agenda.

3. Those involved in the apostasy will tell half-truths and lie. During all of the sermons preached our head pastor would make odd statements that left the congregation shocked or confused. God is not the author of confusion. Many times he would apologize the following week after his wife had corrected him.

4. Those involved in the apostasy will be greatly offended if you question anything they do, even in asking an innocent question. They will use the phrase "touch not my anointed" as a vague shield of defense. Our pastors did often.

5. The Lord will reveal the truth about these false teachers. It is our responsibility to discern and flee false teaching. The innocent days of the past when a church was a church can't be assumed anymore. Most churches aren't real churches now.

Well, I could go on.

I am grateful for the direction the Lord has taken this bulletin board. It has become a beacon of light and truth in this darkening world.

What the body of Christ needs to do is pray, return to the Word of God, flee anything that would hinder your walk with the Lord, this includes established friendships with "Christians" that are being deceived.
We are responsible for who we listen to.

Joshua 3:9
Joshua said to the Israelites, "Come here and listen to the words of the LORD your God.

Proverbs 8:33
Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it.

2 Timothy 3

Perilous Times and Perilous Men

1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:

2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,

4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,

7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;

9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

roadrunner570
January 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
You attend an I.H.O.P. church

12. Voice Ministries (http://www.searchforchurch.org/Indiana/Osceola_46561_catholic_churches.php)
58300 Ash Rd
Osceola, IN
(574) 674-8199
http://www.ihop-michiana.com

looks like voice is a buzz word
voice = prayer

Yes, I'm aware its an IHOP church, I mentioned that earlier

Buzzardhut
January 1st, 2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, I'm aware its an IHOP church, I mentioned that earlierThen you attend a cult.
It might be a fun cult, a praying cult, but still a cult

Debbie M.
January 1st, 2008, 11:13 AM
This IHOP garbage is clearly yet another attempt to unite ALL "religions". The pope is also busy attempting to unite all religions under his leadership. It's all the work of the evil one. I read recently that the pope now is gathering info (and using it) from "former" (my quotes) evangelicals to interlace it with catholism. For example, true believers in Christ know the importance of deliverance, casting out demons, etc. Well the pope now is starting to get more involved in "exorsism" and wants more priests trained for that. They see what the true believers and followers are doing, they see people leaving in droves from catholism to the true knowledge of Jesus, and they want to emulate the same things to get people to come back (yea, to bondage!) Now this IHOP guy wants all 'evangelicals" to understand how right the catholic mystics are and we should embrace them....:tsk. Its all the devils work in his sickening attempt to set up his one world religion. :twitch

Buzzardhut
January 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
It is not up to the church to take dominion and bring in the kingdom, the church is raptured and Jesus brings in the kingdom.

4given
January 2nd, 2008, 12:57 AM
This IHOP garbage is clearly yet another attempt to unite ALL "religions". The pope is also busy attempting to unite all religions under his leadership. It's all the work of the evil one. I read recently that the pope now is gathering info (and using it) from "former" (my quotes) evangelicals to interlace it with catholism. For example, true believers in Christ know the importance of deliverance, casting out demons, etc. Well the pope now is starting to get more involved in "exorsism" and wants more priests trained for that. They see what the true believers and followers are doing, they see people leaving in droves from catholism to the true knowledge of Jesus, and they want to emulate the same things to get people to come back (yea, to bondage!) Now this IHOP guy wants all 'evangelicals" to understand how right the catholic mystics are and we should embrace them....:tsk. Its all the devils work in his sickening attempt to set up his one world religion. :twitch

You would not believe the apostate garbage that comes out of my niece's mouth after a year of IHOP indoctrination. She was raised in a devout Southern Baptist Church and most of her family is devout Bible believing Christians. You would not believe the lies she tells. Her whole outlook on life has changed now that they have her believing she is a prophetess and that she will go through the Tribulation with their church as "they" usher in the millenial kingdom of Christ.:ohno She cannot even carry on an intelligent conversation anymore, because she bables snippets of IHOPese and scripture mixed together in her responses. If they are not a Cult, why do they screen her mail? Why do they limit the amount of time she has to spend with her family? Why do they take the money people send her? They control "every" aspect of her life.

Someone please show me where this is in the Bible because I cannot find it in any of my translations.:idunno Because it is not there. They take snippets of scriptures and turn them into what they want it to say. This is heresy and blasphemy. Their own website and mission statement should be red flag enough for any Bible believing christian to run in fear of their doctrines, they are doctrines of demons.

Even my ten year old daughter asks me what is wrong with her cousin. How do you explain that to a child whos faith in Jesus Christ is as strong as anyone I know?

A Berean
January 2nd, 2008, 01:25 AM
:hug4given- I am so sorry that your niece has been seduced by doctrines of demons. This is the trap that awaits those who participate in false "christianity" with another gospel with a false "christ":fear! I do not know why anyone would be attracted to such "bondage" in the first place:idunno.

I will pray that your niece's eyes and ears are opened to the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ, that she may escape this terrible cult and repent and turn to the Lord for deliverance:pray! I just know that this type of spiritual deception is so deadly because it IS doctrines of demons that this cult follows:shocked! Hold your dear little daughter close:hug, and never fail to warn her about the dangers of disregarding God's Holy Word and falling in with false teaching:fear.