PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bickle and International House of Prayer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

vhowell
January 2nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
I just read an excellent book by a person who left the Prophetic movement after having spent years in it. It is a wonderful expose of the weird practices that go on during some of these services. It sounds simialr to some of the posts in this thread. Gold dust, gold teeth, strange jerkings, uncontrollable laughter are all mentioned in this book.

The book is also highly critical of the "seeker friendly" type of churches, and tries to explain why revival tarries in America ( we are too into materialism and prosperity nonsense).

The book is by Andrew Strom . Here's the Amazon link:
www.amazon.com/dp/0979907306/

heybales219
January 2nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
I need to do more research on contemplative prayer (on my own, please don't provide links) because I don't see anything wrong with what Sing post from IHOP's site in post #28.

Yes, I know we're to judge everything according to the Bible. I'll refrain from saying anything in this thread b/c I'm sure what I want to say will earn me an infraction.

heybales219
January 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Gotcha, thanks.

Because_He_Lives!
January 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Heybales, go to lighthousetrails site. It is all about the dangers of comptemplative spirituality. Its a very extensive site with plent of information.

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/index.html

A Berean
January 3rd, 2008, 06:13 AM
Heybales.. what was posted in #28 was God's word, Biblical Truth versus the Lies of a "different Spirituality"

What was shown and should be clear to the professing believer is that IHOP, summons a different spirit.
How is this done? By the emptying of the mind in order to be filled by ???????

This is a prayer practice that is NOT of the Lord Jesus nor in His word.

The scriptures were posted plainly for you to see.

Now, there are plenty of articles on this entire forum that spell out in simple terms the satanic deception of Spiritual Disciplines and Formation.

Have you read this posts and articles?

Everything here has been backed up by scripture.

If I were allowed only one sentence in which to warn other Christians about the terrible dangers of Contemplative Spirituality, it would be this:

You are placing yourself under the Doctrines of Demons, and if you stay there, you will end up being deceived and under demonic influence:wha !!!

susanb
April 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Bickle's approach is similar to Rick Warren's.

Find an "interesting" topic
Surround it with proof-texting
Get some people to try it for free (mostly young people and/or unbelievers)
Sell it after it's been "tested"
Watch the money roll in and defend it as The Gospel

P.S. Throw in some mystical "truth" to hook 'em.
http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?id=1000000385

susanb
April 28th, 2008, 07:11 PM
From IHOP's Contemplative Prayer page:

You will find the Spirit who lives in you if you search for Him with all your heart, but it will require time and your whole heart.

Wow! You'd think one would ALREADY know if the true Spirit of God was within through the regenerative power of God. But Bickle is referring to the Higher Self, the New Age thought that god is within all humans.

The bearen
January 1st, 2009, 07:20 PM
I was watching the God channel and I must admit something has really encouraged me . In the midst of all the Tod bently deception and the emerging church craziness.

Mike Bickle ( I know he is a Kancas City pastor ) is doing some talks at a young peoples conferance on the End Times and the book of Reveation.

From what I have heard he seems to be preahing that Christ is coming back soon, he is speaking a strong support for Isreal. I believe its called the 'IHOP conferance For Young People'

I must admit I was very encouraged, this is a good sign.

Praise the Lord.

Dave

susanb
January 1st, 2009, 07:31 PM
A problem with Mike Bickle is that he believes that "Jesus is coming soon", just as soon as WE (Bickle and company) create God's kingdom on earth. He also teaches contemplative spirituality http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?id=1000000385

I would stay clear of this guy and his cohorts.

SoundingtheAlarm
January 1st, 2009, 07:41 PM
People pray for Mike Bickle I happen to know he has submitted himself to Godly accountability recently