PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bickle and International House of Prayer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

OnceWasLost
January 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM
bozo, what was your take on the article that was linked? How does it misrepresent mike bickle and IHOP.

OnceWasLost
January 11th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Read from IHOP's own site.

http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?id=1000000385

Contemplative prayer is heretical medieval misticism, and bickle promotes it through IHOP.

There is so much wrong with his whole movement and teaching, it's hard to know where to start. If people are coming to a saving knowledge of Jesus it is in spite of the teaching. I have no doubt if they are to grow in their faith The Lord will move them on from the KC bunch et. al.

January 31st, 2009, 07:50 PM
just learning some things about some ministries online and where they stand in regards to their doctrine. Anyone knows anything abt this ministry?

www dot ihop dot org

A friend had recommended to me to go to KC in the summer and attend this church, supposedly a 24/7 worship, prophecy and all sorts of things...

Sorry for too many question, i figured tats the only way I will learn..

Thank you.

SharpSabre
January 31st, 2009, 08:11 PM
Ihop has good breakfast. I recommend it.

January 31st, 2009, 09:27 PM
Take a look in our doctrine forum.

(make sure ya'll do a search!):wave

I read it... :twitch wow, my friends are deep in this latter rain/ihop stuff.. They seem so devoted to it and even subscribe to their 24/7 live video..

I am speechless, so much stuff out there..

Thank you by the way for the above link..

Trust&Obey
February 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
The snippets and link I'm about to post is based on FALSE doctrine. This post is a warning to those that might be involved in this ministry or know others that are.

....here is the link to the "dream" :tsk
http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?ID=1000044365

Here is his summary / meaning of the dream. Note that Bickle believes in a form of Dominion Theology (similar doctrines are Kingdom Now, Manifest Sons of God-which Bickle has taught) which means the Church will suffer through the Tribulation and will actually prepare the world for Christ by conquering the Anti-Christ and Satan. He also believes that God is raising up new prophets and leaders who will perform signs and wonders.
:faint

INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PRAYER KC - MIKE BICKLE

BRIDEGROOM PRAYER WATCH
Prophetic Dream: Victorious Church in the End-Times (Rev. 12:7-12)

I. PROPHETIC DREAM ON FEB. 13, 2009
IHOP is simply too immature to give time to theoretical debates. In this dream, the Lord was warning me to set my face toward Him and His Word and to refuse the temptation to invest time in seeking to look wise to others. What is coming is so much more intense than we imagine. Those with the most insight do not understand the intensity of the events in Rev. 12:7-12....

.....N. The point of the dream: I and the IHOP leadership are not mature enough in our understanding to entertain debates and casual arguments that will arise much more in the Church in the future.

O. The "now" word of God must be confirmed with power. The only way to be culturally relevant in society is to move in power to confirm the Word. Without this, many in the Church are looking for ministries with trendy language and clothes, interesting technology, or to talk about current affairs to identify together. Many are trapped in an abyss of entertainment.

P. We will only penetrate that bubble by power and the real fear of the Lord. People will not get free from the vice of our pop culture without it. People must walk away from their gatherings knowing that He is involved in their lives in power. We must experience manifestation of His majesty that makes us tremble and His kindness that moves us to repentance and servanthood.

Here are some more exerpts:
Again notice how the saints, not Jesus will overcome Satan and the Antichrist. Also notice that there is no mention of Israel, it is all about the "Church" in the tribulation period.

E. The saints will overcome Satan in the Tribulation by the blood of Jesus, our testimony and commitment to Jesus even unto death.

F. The Praying Church will overcome Satan and the Antichrist (Rev. 12:11; 15:2; 2:7, 11, 17, 26; 3:5, 12, 21; 21:7). The miracles of Exodus and Acts will be combined and multiplied on a global level. Fear need NOT dominate our spirit and extinguish our faith. We need not fear the Tribulation as powerless victims seeking to escape it.

G. End-time believers will engage in the prayer of faith to bind and loose according to Godís will. This passage is fulfilled on earth in the Tribulation with a victorious Church operating in power.

H. The Antichrist will be the greatest oppressor the world has ever seen. Isa. 42 is one of the main Second Coming passages. It emphasizes justice. People do not rejoice in judgment until an oppressor is in power. Jesus brings justice to the earth in context to the Antichristís oppression.

I. Jesus will only confront the oppressor to the measure that prayers of the saints ascend in faith.

J. The most dramatic events in world history will occur in context to the greatest prayer movement that contends against the greatest oppression to see the greatest justice movement fulfilled across the whole earth. :shocked What is released in fullness then is released in part now.

In the next section, Bickle has spiritualized texts and replaced Israel's role during the end times with the Church. The 144,000 are Jews from the 12 tribes of Israel Revelation 7:4 not the Church.

III. JESUS WILL SUPERNATURALLY HELP THE CHURCH COME TO VICTORY (REV. 14)

A. The message of Rev. 14 is that Jesus will supernaturally anoint the Church to walk in victory.

B. In Rev. 14:1-5, Jesus will stand on Mount Zion in Jerusalem with 144,000 prophetic singers. Rev. 14:6-13 reveals four prophetic promises and proclamations that the Spirit will release conviction on and will confirm with signs and wonders to strengthen His people.

1. In Rev. 14:6-7, we will receive angelic assistance and great power that we may succeed in preaching the Gospel to all nations in the presence of hostility (Mt. 24:14; Rev. 7:9).

2. In Rev. 14:8, the anointed proclamation of the defeat of the Harlot Babylon stirs our faith.

3. In Rev. 14:9-11, the anointed proclamation of the certainty of eternal judgment coming on all who worship the Antichrist will embolden the saints to resist even unto death.

4. In Rev. 14:12-13, the anointed proclamation of the certainty of receiving eternal rewards for being faithful will strengthen the Church.

5. In Rev. 14:14-20, we see the two different end-time harvests to be released by prayer. The harvest of souls is seen in Rev. 14:14-16 and the harvest of sin in Rev. 14:17-20. These show the results of prayers that release power for salvation and the removal of evil.

Cherished
February 19th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I have a dream...that these people would wake up and see the truth.

Trust&Obey
February 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM

:thumb

I agree.

A good friend of mine is now a leader with this ministry. I am concerned for her and also sickened with this doctrine of demons. So many are being led astray.

:koolaid

Anddra
February 19th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Mike Bickle hasn't a hope!

billiefan2000
February 19th, 2009, 05:27 PM

:amen :preach

that is for sure a dream I want to see for my friends and associates who are involved with the IHOP garbage

and other movements that have people heavily into apostasy

I am so :mad: at the Heartland Gatekeeper newspaper for continung to promote this garbage by IHOP.

The Heartland Gatekeeper is basically a IHOP promoting "christian" newspaper here in my town at this point.

also to local KCRO radio show hosts:

Jackie Mahr and September Turner

start using DISCERNMENT when it comes to people like Bickle and his group