PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bickle and International House of Prayer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

billiefan2000
February 19th, 2009, 05:32 PM
:thumb

A good friend of mine is now a leader with this ministry. I am concerned for her and also sickened with this doctrine of demons. So many are being led astray.

:koolaid

I know how you feel

my church (possibly soon to be former church cause I am thinking of leaving of it soon

[:pray for me regarding that decision]

is getting involved in IHOP and also Donald Miller's stuff too.

I have talked to them about my issues with Miller and Bickle

and they basically told me to shut up

and use "discernment in moderation." which Translated means , compromise with emergents and the IHOP folks or else

BornAgain123
February 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM
So what tune will Bickle change to his followers when millions of people disappear from the rapture?

Trust&Obey
February 19th, 2009, 10:40 PM
billie - I'm :praying for you.

My opinion concerning your church is :runhills

You can't compromise on the Word of God, which is what IHOP and those of their ilk ultimately do. They put experiences (which are demonic) and works ahead of the true doctrine of Jesus of the Bible. They also are heavy into shepherding, where you must follow the leaders, even if they are wrong. They are always looking for something "new" and continually trash "traditional" or "fundamental" Christians. If your church is embracing these apostate self-proclaimed prophets and are telling you to keep quiet, then they have already drunk the koolaid (IMHO).

I'm unfamiliar with Donald Miller. I found a website, but haven't had time to review.

Bornagain - I'm sure they will have another "dream" which explains the true, invisible Church's disappearance. Their elitist mentality can visualize only themselves as ushering in Christ's 2nd Coming and the Millennium. The leaders will only acknowledge "truth" that validates their position and power. :groan

Quinton
February 20th, 2009, 05:41 AM
That dream didn't make any sense whatsoever. :rotfl

Alex
February 20th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Sounds like someone forgot to flip the pancakes at the IHOP:pound

billiefan2000
February 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
billie - I'm :praying for you.

My opinion concerning your church is :runhills

You can't compromise on the Word of God, which is what IHOP and those of their ilk ultimately do. They put experiences (which are demonic) and works ahead of the true doctrine of Jesus of the Bible. They also are heavy into shepherding, where you must follow the leaders, even if they are wrong.

They are always looking for something "new" and continually trash "traditional" or "fundamental" Christians. If your church is embracing these apostate self-proclaimed prophets and are telling you to keep quiet, then they have already drunk the koolaid (IMHO).

I plan to soon. I plan to leave after Easter.

considering how few churches here that promote sound doctrine,

i will have a tough time finding one.

I am more worried for my friends and other folks I know who are trapped in apostasy

than finding a new church

:pray ing they see the truth

Trust&Obey
February 20th, 2009, 12:44 PM
We have an excellent article on Mickle Bickle and IHOP in our doctrine forum:

Mike Bickle and International House of Prayer
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=58924

This is a great article. :thumb

I Believe!!!
February 20th, 2009, 12:49 PM

:rotfl

Yeah, and now it's all smoky.

billiefan2000
February 20th, 2009, 05:45 PM

either that or someone was little loose with the syrup on the pancakes

candlelight
March 7th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I was cruising though the channels last night and Mike Bickle (I think that is his name) was doing a study on Revelation. Now I have really never listened to him before and the study itself seemed ok until the end. Then he started this talk on "Shifting". Guess I want to be clear on this. What does he exactly mean by "shifting"? Then he went on to talk about the Charismatic movement and how more people are moving toward that more then anything else and the rest of the Christian world was silent about it. He made it sound like traditional Christianity is leaving and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. In other words he meant that this is the spirit moving. He also referred to the Book of Joel:

That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;

Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

Your old men shall dream dreams,

Your young men shall see visions.

29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants

I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

30 "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:

Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
Joel 2:28-30 (NKJV)

Now I personally never have had a dream, prophesied, spoken in tongues, not seen anything supernatural, etc. yet I have a personal relationship with my Savior. He made it sound like this was necessary? Also does the Book of Joel apply to us in this sense or to Israel?

Also after Mike Bickle said all this stuff I could not help but think of Shadrach, Mesach and Abednego when Nebuchadnezzar got so furious because they would not fall down and worship the idle he had made. They told the King that their God could deliver them, but even if God did not deliver them they would still not worship the idle. I think sometimes that God wants a people that say "Even if I do not see these things, I still believe". For some reason that scripture came to my mind. Just do not believe that just because I am not "charismatic" does not mean that I am not as spiritual as they are.

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. 17 If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. 18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."
Dan 3:16-18 (NKJV)

I hope I made sense?