PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bickle and International House of Prayer

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

kenod
June 15th, 2007, 07:30 AM
The term mystics doesn't worry me. I am a non-denominational Christian, but my wife was a nun in the Catholic Church before we married (long story!) and you know some of those old nuns could teach us a thing or two about deep, intercessory prayer - its not all rosary beads and hail Marys!

In the dark ages men like Patrick of Ireland and Francis of Assisi were genuine Christians living according to the light they had, facing great difficulties, greater than we face today. I believe they were men of great faith and courage, although I don't believe the Catholic teaching.

Men like Wycliffe and Huss were also Catholic ... men of great faith and courage.

extreme4jesus
June 15th, 2007, 07:34 AM
well to each his own i guess, i dont like it and i dont believe it is biblical in any way, but your entitled to your opinion.

Christy
June 15th, 2007, 08:25 AM
IHOP - doctrine of demons. It's a "new paradigm". New Age in it's essence.m It will eventually support the emergent Global Church, and we all know what that is.

extreme4jesus
June 15th, 2007, 08:58 AM
i am just learning more about the emergent church..pretty scary stuff. i am kind of disheartened. i guess it is just a sign of how close we are to the rapture. this ideology which 'sounds good' is really a mess of things that are not of Jesus. very sad indeed.

Christy
June 15th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I know how you feel - I was pretty naive about all this stuff until approximately a year ago. Looking for a decent church is a total nightmare. It is really sad and it makes you wonder if one will find any truth out there besides one's Bible?

extreme4jesus
June 15th, 2007, 09:24 AM
i totally agree. is there not a church that preaches sound doctrine but also believes in the gifts without being extreme? it is really depressing. i just want a church where there is freedom in worship and we acknowledge the Holy Spirit, but we dont usurp the Word of God in place of an 'experience'.

apparently these churches are no where to be found. very sad. i feel like starting a home bible study until the rapture and giving up on finding a biblically sound church.

Violet
July 8th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Here is Mike Bickle's prophecy blueprint, click on "view the BLUEPRINT PROPHECY" link at the bottom. This is what he bases his ministry on. Eye opener!
http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?ID=22497

snippet:
God shall confirm in your spirit; and do not proceed until He does. Upon the
confirmation you should begin to act immediately to take the bride to the city; to
the city of Kansas City, rather than having the city come to Him.
Therefore there should be another…on the north side and on the east side and on
the west side, even as it is on the south side. Therefore there shall be four…. I
have shown you My grace. My grace is sufficient. My grace is Me in you and in
this shall be the 5-fold ministry.
In days past, I have said…You are a Garden Center…of My choice says the Lord.
In My Garden Center…I shall raise up…plants of renown… it shall be known, and
the ways shall be renown. I will bring and place...those that will be the caretakers
of My (Garden Center…). You shall be a dresser of My vineyard, says the Lord,
and the vineyard shall be these people that I shall bring unto you and out of you.
Even out of the loins of the blood line of the flesh of Abraham--even as I said
there would be many seeds and many nations, kindred, and tongues… I shall
raise up and there shall flow forth many sons and daughters. They shall be known
and renowned. Even as the children of the renowned – shall they be. These
children shall flow out of…My Spirit. They shall be spiritual children and they
shall inhabit the uttermost parts of the earth. They shall inhabit the place that I
have called for you to settle and to raise up other ministries and to send out.

Betty
July 8th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Doesn't sound right to me. Kind of reminds me of the prophecy given in January on TBN how that this year was going to be the year that God took from those who had great wealth and gave to those who do without. They were 4 of them and they sounded really sure of what they were saying, but-------------:scratch

Christy
July 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Yeesh. I've heard too many similar prophecies in my time. They didn't make any sense to me then, and they certainly don't make any sense to me now. I started getting confused around about here:
In days past, I have said…You are a Garden Center…of My choice says the Lord............... In My Garden Center…I shall raise up…plants of renown - what may I ask is a "plant of renown?" then it continues and states :
You shall be a dresser of My vineyard, says the Lord, and then proceeds with :
and the vineyard shall be these people that I shall bring unto you and out of you So are all to be Garden Centers, vineyards and plants of renown? Who will be the garden centers, who will be the vineyards and who will be the plants of renown? and is there a difference?

Honestly, I don't have to even go further to know that this is a load of nonsense. It has no biblical/scriptural backing whatsoever.

kenod
July 9th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Eze 34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.