PDA

View Full Version : Anyone learning to play the guitar?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27

Praise Warrior
May 18th, 2009, 12:33 AM
JoC--that will serve as a strong innoculation experience for any nerves. My worst ever worship leading experience where we sounded absolutely HORRIBLE was still met by comments that we did fine. If things could happen as it did and people still said we did fine, then why bother being nervous when you're only going to get better?

Well now, after like pretty much just short of 3 years on guitar...needing and looking for a good guitar instructor...I am now one. Got to *give* my first guitar lesson today. LOL

Kliska
May 18th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Yes, the person playing always picks up on more mistakes than those listening, unless the audience is full of Mater guitarists. :heh

Reb'; have fun with the acoustic, there are a lot of strummed songs that can only be played on an acoustic, and the feel is so different than an electric that it makes practicing fun switching back and forth between them! And, acoustic is the way to go to build up finger/hand strength.

Wally
May 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Rebecki,

Congrats on the superb guitar. Pick away.

Kliska
May 19th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Yes, the person playing always picks up on more mistakes than those listening, unless the audience is full of Master guitarists. :heh

Reb'; have fun with the acoustic, there are a lot of strummed songs that can only be played on an acoustic, and the feel is so different than an electric that it makes practicing fun switching back and forth between them! And, acoustic is the way to go to build up finger/hand strength.

I can't find my "edit" button right now...hmmm...anywho, that should be "Master Guitarists," not "mater guitarists." What do 'maters have to do with it unless they are hecklers going to throw tomatoes? :hehee

I've threatened to heckle my instructor when he's playing...teasin' is too easy! :heh

ChristiRenee
May 19th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I will be learning in June. Already got my guitar. :) I am really excited!

Wally
May 19th, 2009, 10:59 AM
CR:
Soooo, whad'ya get? What brand/type of guitar?

Kliska
May 19th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Christi, Is this the first time you've picked up the guitar? If so, welcome to the "addiction." :madgrin

ChristiRenee
May 19th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Ummmm, I don't know what kind of guitar actually. My mom had 3 guitars and she kept her Martin but sold me one of the other ones.

I have never played the guitar. I do know how to read music and I can play a little piano, but this will be a little challenge for me.

I really feel as though the Lord wants me to learn so I can worship more! :)

Wally
May 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Good for you.

Prepare for take off and don't stop.

ChristiRenee
May 19th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Haha! So I hear! Well it will be a welcomed addiction if I can be in the presence of the Lord more often! :)