PDA

View Full Version : The Rapture of the Church

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Robert
March 26th, 2010, 03:52 PM
No, that's not my understanding. The great multitude refers to a group of Trib Saints. See chapter 6 posted here:

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

So as I read and understand it, the great multitude who were "slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held" are now before the throne as the number of their brethren is now fulfilled.

That's right, eclipse. :thumb

jackson64
March 26th, 2010, 06:05 PM
don't people get slain in Jesus' name everyday? I don't see a reference to those under the throne, the martyrs, as being those beheaded during the tribulation or precluding those who were slain beforehand :thinking

and would there really be a "multitude beyond counting" that are post-rapture converts?

eclipse
March 26th, 2010, 06:24 PM
don't people get slain in Jesus' name everyday? I don't see a reference to those under the throne, the martyrs, as being those beheaded during the tribulation or precluding those who were slain beforehand :thinking

and would there really be a "multitude beyond counting" that are post-rapture converts?

Yes people are being persecuted daily for their love and belief in Christ: however, there is a clear distinction between persecution and wrath. Persecution is man centric, wrath is reserved and meted out by God during the Trib. Further it is clearly stated in Revelation 7:

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “[B]These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

And yes there will be a multitude saved during the Trib. It won't be easy but it is clear it will happen.

Waiting4Jesus
March 26th, 2010, 06:54 PM
We are Raptured at Revelation 4:1 (at least, that is my understanding and also a multitude of Preachers have said that!)

jackson64
March 26th, 2010, 07:17 PM
exactly my point..if we are already in heaven, why is it not us standing aroundthe throne in chapter 7?..in chapter 6 it refers to those under the altar. It just seems that these verses may be refering to 2 seperate groups...one group is around the throne and worshipping in the Lord's presence..the second group is under the altar and pleading to the Lord for judgement and avenging of their blood...

This does not mean this is not the location and reference of those who were raptured ( not trying to be contrary, just not sure on why the consensus on this)..it would appear as if these two groups are being treated quite differently at this point...

Also, the robes are referred to quite different..the robes given to those in Chapter 6 are simply called white ( for purity and blessedness), yet Chapter 7 states that the multitude "has washed their robes to make them white in the blood of the lamb"

Thanks for the patience with my inquiring mind....

Tall Timbers
March 26th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Rev 7:9-17

From “Footsteps of the Messiah”, begin page 221

In verses 9-10, John sees a multitude of gentiles from every nationality standing before the Throne of God. The expression after these things means that the salvation of these myriads of gentiles follows chronologically the 144,000 Jews and there is a cause and effect relationship. After describing the worship of the One on the Throne (v. 11-12), the text proceeds to identify who these gentiles are that are found around the Throne (v 13-14). These Gentiles are identified as those who have come out of the Great Tribulation. They are saved gentiles, for they have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb. Since they follow chronologically the ministry of the 144,000 Jews, the implication is that they are the gentiles who come to Messiah as a result of the preaching of the 144,000 Jews. Included are the 5th seal saints who suffered martyrdom. Because of the massive persecution that these Tribulation saints have undergone, this passage concludes with a description of the comfort they now enjoy in the presence of God (v. 15-17).

jackson64
March 27th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Thank you TT, now that is an explanation..I understand it better when put in reference to chronological events... :thumb

davidswife
May 24th, 2010, 03:22 PM
This is what I am longing to see and want with all my heart. I feel like Lot must have felt in Sodom and Gomorrha. "Vexed" because of the sinfulness and immorality around him. Come Lord Jesus and get your bride! I want to see that face I love and take part in that marriage supper!

Watching24Seven
June 1st, 2010, 06:14 AM
This is what I am longing to see and want with all my heart. I feel like Lot must have felt in Sodom and Gomorrha. "Vexed" because of the sinfulness and immorality around him. Come Lord Jesus and get your bride! I want to see that face I love and take part in that marriage supper!

Oh boy do I relate to that. :sad I was just having a discussion with my son about Sodom & Gomorrha recently, comparing it to this age, even to living in the USA. Don't get me wrong, I love the USA but some parts of our country here are home to me and other parts are like...well, like another planet.

I want to say thank you also for this very informative, and wonderful topic. I love it. :thumb

I'm a pre-trib girl & I'm watching for Jesus! :)

james46888
August 13th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Interesting, I was just reading about this yesterday in Tim Lahaye's Revelation Unveiled. (Chpt 30 - The Marriage Supper of the Lamb).
He believes that the guests at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb are the OT Saints and the Tribulation Saints. He says that John the Baptist, one of the last of the OT Saints, indicated that he was a "friend" of the Bridegroom (John 3:29). The supper is reserved, in his opinion, strictly for the Church.

He also says this regarding the rapture of the OT Saints:

In Psalm 50:1-6 we find the Lord above the earth but below the heaven(v.4), looking back up to heaven and down to the earth, calling His saints to Him. This indicates that He will rapture the Trib saints still living tand the Tribulation saints whose souls are under the altar(Rev.6). This may include the OT saints, whose resurrection may wait until the end of the Tribulation. This event may take place just before the marriage supper of the Lamb previously discussed. Now, having raptured all believers from all ages, He will come to an exclusively unsaved earth.

Lahaye believes that after the Bema Seat Judgment, the Marriage of the Lamb and then the Marriage supper of Lamb occurs...right near the end of the 7 years in heaven. Followed immediately by the Glorious Appearing!:yeah

I think this is quite feasible. Can't wait to hear other opinons on this.

I understand you posted the above quite a while ago but no-one seems to have really commented on it, so I thought I'd just offer my opinion: I agree with Lahaye that the OT saints and trib saints are the friends of the bridegroom, but I'm not sure why he concludes from this that the supper/feast is reserved for the Church alone. Sure, the Church alone is the bride but the guests at the wedding obviously participate in the feast (isn't this what happens at both ancient and modern weddings?). Furthermore, if this be the case, in order to eat, those guests it seems would need a resurrected body (Luke 24:41-43), which is something that they only get at the end of the tribulation according to Daniel 12 (obviously, the members of the Bride get their bodies before the trib in conjunction with the rapture). This all dovetails in with Isaiah 25:6-8 which makes it clear that there will be a feast on earth for "all peoples" when the kingdom is set up.

As for Psalm 50, I think Lahaye is simply reading too much into verse 4, which reads thusly:

"He calleth to the heavens above, And to the earth, that he may judge his people"

In verses 2-3 of the Psalm it's noted that God will come to Zion in flaming fire, something which happens according to Isaiah 66 and 2 Thess 1 at the 2nd Coming but not the Rapture. So the reason verse 4 refers to Him calling to the "heavens above" is because Jesus is on earth at this point. Thus there's no reason to infer, as Lahaye does, that Jesus is in mid-space and is "looking back to heaven and down to the earth."