PDA

View Full Version : The Rapture of the Church

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

SpokenFor
March 2nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
What a day that will be...first, we will hear the sound of the last trump. Then we will hear that wonderful call "Behold, the Bridegroom cometh"! Those of us who are outside or near windows may well see a flash of bright light and then see the dead in Christ hovering in the air, waiting for the rest of us. A nano-second later, there is another flash of light as we who remain are transformed and quickly rise into the air to join with the believers of the past 2000 years. We will be clothed in white robes which is the righteousness of the saints, our earthy raiment left behind us, empty. Unlike Lots' wife, we will not look back at the earth. We will be looking at our Lord, Savior and Bridegroom and praising Him! He will be as excited to see us as we will be to see Him!

After a brief and joyous reunion with loved ones, friends and friends we have never met face to face, we will instantly be transported in the House of Jesus' Father and our Father. Upon our arrival, there will be the greatest praise and worship service ever conducted as we praise, worship and thank the Lord and Jesus for all the love they've shown to us! The emotion of joy will overwhelm us and we will finally be able to understand the true depth of love that the Father and Jesus have for us, their creation.

THANK YOU LORD JESUS FOR SALVATION!!!

That was beautiful! I think in my heart this is how I feel it will be

SpokenFor
March 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
I understand no dreams if they are used to interpret scripture or prophecy, etc. But mine was posted because it will usually make people laugh and its a funny one. Nothing more was intended except a smile from the reader. :sad

Your dream did make me giggle! I have really enjoyed reading about the dreams others have posted on this thread about the Rapture. I never once felt like anyone was trying to predict how it would be based on their dream.

Kliska
March 2nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Just a reminder; many times it's not about the intent of the member who posted the dream, it is where others take it, add to it, and use it as something that it is not intended to be. That's why the rule is in place, so it stops it before it starts (and we would indeed have a LOT more people abusing it as far as adding meaning to their own dreams, as is the case with the many dream posts we mods have to clean up, so best to avoid it altogether, hence the rule). :nod

penbrat
March 2nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
I hope we are aware of what is happening on some level because I am looking forward to the Rapture so much and want to know that it's happening when it happens.

SaintTexas
March 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
I have spent quite a bit of time considering this question.

There were two people in the OT raptured who were alive, and then there is Jesus, the first fruits of the resurrection.

The first is Enoch. Someone had to see him taken up and know it was the Lord who took Him and why to record it. (Genesis 5:21-24)

The second person was Elijah in 2 Kings 2. It was also visible and he got to catch a ride on a chariot of fire.

Jesus was seen after His death in His glorfied body and also when He ascended.

I cannot help but wonder (because I am not sure) if when we are changed in the twinkling of an eye if it will not be visible but fast and our meeting in the clouds might be visible as well based on what the Bible has already "typed". It will be cool to find out! My biggest hope for it being visible to others is that those who knew what the Rapture is may repent and believe and become witnesses during the Tribulation (and possibly join us as martyrs).

We know we will be clothed in white robes and like the Lord as He is, so nakedness won't be an issue. The Lord left His burial cloths behind, so there is no reason to think that our earthly clothing would not be left behind. Other than that, I expect there will be a lot of cheering going on!

Either way, I am constantly blown away by trying to think through the Rapture and being with the Lord in person and the idea of eternity. It's too much for me to understand with today's brain! Can't wait to meet all of you there and join you praising, worshipping, and casting our crowns at the feet of the Lord forever!

SpokenFor
March 2nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
I have spent quite a bit of time considering this question.

There were two people in the OT raptured who were alive, and then there is Jesus, the first fruits of the resurrection.

The first is Enoch. Someone had to see him taken up and know it was the Lord who took Him and why to record it. (Genesis 5:21-24)

The second person was Elijah in 2 Kings 2. It was also visible and he got to catch a ride on a chariot of fire.

Jesus was seen after His death in His glorfied body and also when He ascended.

Definitely makes you wonder if these stories are included in the Bible to give us an idea of what the Rapture will be like! Exciting!

Miggy
March 2nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
edited to add: i don't see our clothes and etc. going with us. think about this: what if you're sleeping in the buff? will your blankets and sheets go? those are all earthly material things and i'm fairly certain they will be left here.

There are all kinds of odd questions / wonderings like that when it comes to being Raptured. If you are holding an apple, surely the apple will fall to the ground. What if you just took a bite and are in the process of swallowing it? What if you had eaten an apple an hour before? At what point does it go, and what point does it stay?

JesusIsLord
March 2nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
I've often wondered if at the Rapture, when I first see Jesus face to face for the first time, if I will run up and hug Him, or if I will be so awed by His presence and glory that I will be able to do none other than fall at His feet in unworthiness. I mean, how do you act in front of the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE! The Alpha and the Omega! The one who DIED FOR YOU so that you may live!!!! Do you cry? Do you smile? Do you bow and kiss His feet? I just know that my sins are so many, and that He has forgiven them so freely.....i'd feel too unworthy to face Him. I feel that there is nothing I could do to show my appreciation for all that He has done.

As we read the bible, we see many people who "fall at His feet as though dead". Albeit, this is in our earthly form, so after we have received our glorified bodies, maybe it will be different :idunno

Just interesting to think about.

Steve53
March 2nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
[YOU TUBE VIDEO]9La_4svq8JI[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

lovinghisgrace
March 2nd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks so much for posting the MercyMe video!!! I tear up every single time I hear this and sing along! I imagine I will fall to my knees and cry like the biggest baby ever when the rapture happens. I will be feeling so unworthy and at the same time have such a feeling of THANKFULLNESS that He still loved me enough to take me with!!!!!! Thanks again. I am chilled right now. :pray