PDA

View Full Version : The Rapture of the Church

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Lamptomyfeet
May 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I too was thinking along similair lines just yesterday, I was walking along on(an unusually hot and sunny day for the Isle of Skye), and saw my shadow before me. What, I thought would happen ...visually, if the Rapture happened right now?, would I see my shadow vanish. Just thoughts I know, however perhaps more likely we shall see nothing,except the next thing, which shall be our Saviour. That is, and in this present time, enough for me.
However, it is good to know that others are also thinking on and visualising that great day!

:yeah :ring

icebear
May 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
i see, that is different than what i have often imagined. it seems two things might be happening instead of one

hard to find the right words i guess :aha

like the shout & the trumpet

we are changed & taken

acceptedintheBeloved
May 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
This occurred to me this morning while I was having my God Time on the way to work. We know we will be "changed in the twinkling of an eye," but will we be gone in that same twinkling, or will we rise slowly in full view of the rest of the world? I know this has been bandied about on other threads, but here's what occurred to me.

Jesus was our example in everything, from baptism, to how to live, to how to respond to others who mock us for our faith, etc. If He was our example for all these things, is it not possible that He might also be our example about what the Rapture might look like? The Bible said He was taken up in full view of His disciples after being in his Resurrected body for 40 days. I guess my point is that perhaps we will, as the Bible says, be changed "in the twinkling of an eye" and yet be taken up in full view of the world. I doubt seriously we'd linger for 40 days, but I could see a scenario where we are changed and maybe a few minutes later be caught up, with the "leftbehinders" staring unbelievingly up at us, perhaps calling to us, realizing too late what's really happening, kind of like when Noah and his family were in the Ark and thousands of people outside were begging to be let in. I wonder also if the same will happen with the dead in Christ who will rise first, similar to the accounts of the dead who were raised at Jesus' death and who went into Jerusalem and were seen by others.

Of course, I don't know for sure what will happen and this is all just conjecture, but it seems to have some Biblical basis. If someone can disprove me, that's okay.

Thoughts?

Here's what I wrote in the "Could 'near' be imminent?" thread, on April 29 (I think), in answer to one's similar question:

Originally Posted by Cindy S.

I don't know if people on earth will witness it or if people
will just vanish?

The way I understand it is that at His Second Coming, it is then that He will come with clouds (and every eye see Him) - Rev 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

I believe that His visible ascension on the Mount of Olives in the presence of His Jewish disciples pictures this (in fact, the two in white tell them that He will "so come in like manner as [they] have seen Him go into heaven" [visibly and with clouds] - Acts 1:11).

As for our rapture, I tend to believe that we will "vanish" and the reason I understand it this way is based on what I believe Jesus did BEFORE THAT ascension (approx 40 days earlier, ON FIRSTFRUITS), which was to ascend the FIRST time in order to present Himself to the Father AS THE FIRSTFRUITS (1 Corinthians 15:20, 23). He had told Mary Magdalene "not to touch Him, for He had not yet ascended to His Father" but tells her to go tell His disciples that "He ascends"... and then He shows Himself to a few others, including the following scene (which is when I tend to believe His FIRST ascension took place... see how it might have happened [see especially the bolded part, below]):

Luke 24:13-31

13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.

14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.

15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.

16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?

18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?

19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.

21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;

23 And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.

24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.

25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.

29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.

31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight. [... of these two, not everyone]

This occurred ON FIRSTFRUITS (Resurrection Day), I believe, 40 days before His visible ascension on the Mount of Olives in the sight of His Jewish disciples WITH CLOUD. (Acts 1:9, visible ascension/cloud).

I believe OUR RAPTURE is depicted in His FIRST ascension ("40" means "judgment/trial/testing") which is depicted by just "vanishing out of their sight" (BEFORE the period of "judgment/trial/testing"). JMHO. :)

By the way, "after 8 days" (following FF/Resurrection Day), not 40, He told Thomas to touch Him, so obviously He had indeed already "ascended to the Father" as He had told Mary M. (ON FF, thus fulfilling Lev 23:10-11, on the proper day). See also John 20:1-29, for further details. :hat

ETA: Here is what I posted on May 2, in Weatherman's "Will the Church Go Through the Tribulation???" thread:

One thought I've had regarding this part (^)... it seems to me that perhaps the resurrection of the saints which occurred at that time (as recorded in Matthew 27:50-53) is the model of how the "OT-era saints" will be resurrected "at the last day" (after the tribulation period), because, for one thing, they "went into the holy city [Jerusalem, as I tend to believe will take place after the trib, (possibly, as it may be) according to Matthew 24:29-31, 30-31 and Isaiah 11:12], and appeared unto many."

Matthew 27:50-53

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The other reason is because (I assume) these were "OT-era saints" who, of course, were promised resurrection... "at the last day." As these were a sample crop ( :heh ) of them, so to me, they seem to represent the ones who will be resurrected at the end of the trib (that's basically what they were promised, right? - see Daniel 12:13, for example.) I'm inclined to distinguish these OT believers/saints, from the Church-dispensation/age-believers (who were "positionally" IN CHRIST, at the time of His resurrection)... for, the text seems to be saying that these [OT] saints "arose, and came out of the graves after His resurrection..." (Note: It is my understanding that "IN CHRIST" is said only of Church-dispensation/age believers.)

The "sequence" or "progression" (of these incidents) seems to me to be (possibly) illustrating these differences (between OT saints' resurrection-timing ["after" the trib] and Church-dispensation/age believers' rapture/resurrection-timing ["first," as in His resurrection]), as opposed to it being a picture of how our rapture might take place "over a period of time" (though I do understand your point about the 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 passage: "First" and "Then," and have considered the possibility previously, as well, myself. I still see it as somewhat of a possibility.)

JMHO. :hat It IS interesting to think about... :thinking

canuckmedic
May 4th, 2011, 09:38 PM
This occurred to me this morning while I was having my God Time on the way to work. We know we will be "changed in the twinkling of an eye," but will we be gone in that same twinkling, or will we rise slowly in full view of the rest of the world? I know this has been bandied about on other threads, but here's what occurred to me.

Jesus was our example in everything, from baptism, to how to live, to how to respond to others who mock us for our faith, etc. If He was our example for all these things, is it not possible that He might also be our example about what the Rapture might look like? The Bible said He was taken up in full view of His disciples after being in his Resurrected body for 40 days. I guess my point is that perhaps we will, as the Bible says, be changed "in the twinkling of an eye" and yet be taken up in full view of the world. I doubt seriously we'd linger for 40 days, but I could see a scenario where we are changed and maybe a few minutes later be caught up, with the "leftbehinders" staring unbelievingly up at us, perhaps calling to us, realizing too late what's really happening, kind of like when Noah and his family were in the Ark and thousands of people outside were begging to be let in. I wonder also if the same will happen with the dead in Christ who will rise first, similar to the accounts of the dead who were raised at Jesus' death and who went into Jerusalem and were seen by others.

Of course, I don't know for sure what will happen and this is all just conjecture, but it seems to have some Biblical basis. If someone can disprove me, that's okay.

Thoughts?

I have thought for some time that we will be "changed" instantly, but will ascend in full view, as Jesus did. Could be wrong!

TaliaKirana
May 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah. But whether we are gone the instant we are changed, or there is a delay... Rejoice in the fact that we will be among those taken!

Juliebeth
May 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I am scared of heights so I hope it happens in a twinkle ;)

Reason&Hope
May 4th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Acts 1:9-19 says:
"And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was departing, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them."

This account of Jesus ascending into Heaven clearly depicts an ascension that takes some time, probably a few minutes. If we will ascend in the same way, after changing in a twinkling, then I think Musician is right, and we will be seen by others to ascend as changed beings.

(Personally, I can't wait!)

LightOfMyLife
May 4th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I believe in the twinkling of an eye means as fast as you can blink your eye we will have our glorified bodies, and be going upward. We know that we are getting new bodies because flesh and blood can not enter heaven. So after we get our glorified bodies we won't be hanging around this crazy place anymore.:hug :yeah

Praying
May 4th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I am thinking only believers will see it, such as in the biblical days when Jesus ascended. Just my thoughts.
I am hoping and praying that it will be soon, very soon, and when I say soon, I mean "our definition" of soon! Today would be okay by me!
:pray:pray:pray Ready to go home!

Rei
May 4th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I personally hope we hear the trumpet beforehand and hear the Lord descend from Heaven with a shout, so we know what's coming in the next few seconds and feel the incredible deluge of joy and excitement. Lately the rapture, end times, and meeting Jesus are all I can talk about, and even my end-times loving mother, poor soul, must be getting tired of a news update or rapture postulation every 5 minutes. :lol2