PDA

View Full Version : The Rapture of the Church

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Praying
May 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I personally hope we hear the trumpet beforehand and hear the Lord descend from Heaven with a shout, so we know what's coming in the next few seconds and feel the incredible deluge of joy and excitement. Lately the rapture, end times, and meeting Jesus are all I can talk about, and even my end-times loving mother, poor soul, must be getting tired of a news update or rapture postulation every 5 minutes. :lol2

That's funny, because my family is getting tired of me talking about the rapture, and all the prophetic events happening almost daily in our world. Most everyone in my family these days think I have totally flipped my lid, and are "concerned" about my thinking of the rapture all the time.
I think about it, and talk about it, because it is something I am looking forward to! It is the highlight of every day, thinking that "today may be the day" my prayers are answered and I am finally home!
I keep thinking about what it will be like, what my home will be like, and what my job will be. I wonder sometimes, if we will each get to use the gifts God gave us, - those that so many of us have buried here on earth, because of all of the stress so many of us face just trying to survive in this world. I also wonder, if we will get to experience all those things we wish we could have pursued, yet could never seem to make it happen.
This world has nothing for me, and I am so looking forward to being with Jesus, and with all of my brothers and sisters in Christ. It will be so nice to not have to worry if I am accepted or not for who I am, and not have to worry about people's motives anymore. It will be so wonderful to finally get to meet, face to face, our Lord and Savior, who loved us so much, even before we were born, that he was willing to die on the cross for our sins, in order that we could have life eternally. Just being able to walk with him, and talk with him, and laugh with him will be so wonderful!
Lord Jesus, I want to come home so bad, I can hardly stand it! Come for us soon, in Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

in_his_stead
May 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I am scared of heights so I hope it happens in a twinkle ;)

I too am not fond of heights. But recently I have been thinking about the rapture and how when I am changed I won't be afraid anymore.

$teve
May 5th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Actually that's a pretty good analogy MIHH, given Jesus' ascension. But I tend to agree with the sudden departure.

Now I bet scientists explain away the rapture, claiming it's a result of global warming. :lol2

La Niña - explain a sudden departure

El Niño - explain a slow departure

:madgrin

Kruger
May 5th, 2011, 05:25 AM
That's funny, because my family is getting tired of me talking about the rapture, and all the prophetic events happening almost daily in our world. Most everyone in my family these days think I have totally flipped my lid, and are "concerned" about my thinking of the rapture all the time.

I am exactly the same, my parents are also getting tired of all my talking about the rapture! I can't think of anything else these days, it feels so close, I don't understand how they can't be as excited as i am!

RaptureReady_7
May 5th, 2011, 05:38 AM
i bet its possible and would be neat. the only thing i can think of off the top of my head is that those who saw Him were believers. the ones that are there to see when we go will be nonbelievers . i have no idea if that makes any difference, but i guess we'll find out soon enough.

we;ll be gone "in the twinkling of an eye" which is faster than a blink, so we may not be there long enough-- but your thoughts do make me wonder if i understand that description correctly.

Actually, the verse says we will be changed (not gone) in a twinkling of an eye

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 (New King James Version)

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
Then it goes on to say we will be raised incorruptible.

I have seen others that say it may be a short time between being changed to the incorruptible, then to going up.

penbrat
May 5th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I am thinking only believers will see it, such as in the biblical days when Jesus ascended. Just my thoughts.
I am hoping and praying that it will be soon, very soon, and when I say soon, I mean "our definition" of soon! Today would be okay by me!
:pray:pray:pray Ready to go home!

:lol2 The Lord and I have had many coversations about my definition of soon vs. His definition of soon.

TaliaKirana
May 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Actually that's a pretty good analogy MIHH, given Jesus' ascension. But I tend to agree with the sudden departure.

Now I bet scientists explain away the rapture, claiming it's a result of global warming. :lol2

La Niña - explain a sudden departure

El Niño - explain a slow departure

:madgrin
:pound

userpen
May 5th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Actually, the verse says we will be changed (not gone) in a twinkling of an eye

Then it goes on to say we will be raised incorruptible.

I have seen others that say it may be a short time between being changed to the incorruptible, then to going up.

The reason there may be a short time between being changed and going up is that we have to wait for the dead who are raised first. They have 6 feet farther to travel.:hat

Rei
May 5th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Who else wants to hear the trumpet and shout and see the dead in Christ raise so we have that however-many-seconds warning to know what's coming? :yeah

RaptureReady_7
May 5th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I always have the Rapture just under my consciousness.

I posted before that sometimes I will sit and close my eyes really tight. And then pray that when I open them, I will be in Heaven. So far, no such luck.

"close eyes tight......... *OPEN!* drat, still here"