PDA

View Full Version : The Rapture of the Church

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Evoo327
June 14th, 2011, 06:04 AM
BuzzardHut- I wanted to thank you for this thread, and for the OP. I have a friend coming over today who has been feeling very overwhelmed by the things happening in the world today, and she wants to know why I believe as I do about a pre-Trib Rapture. While I know what I believe, and I understand everything written here, I'm not as well versed in all of it yet. I have several main points that I do well explaining, but as for being exhaustive, I'm far from that point. I am printing out your OP, and I am going to hopefully be able to point her to our BLESSED HOPE!

My prayer is that after today, she will not be fearful, but will look each day for the coming of our Lord. Please, friends of RRBB, join me in this prayer! And please pray that I can present the truth to her in a clear/concise manner! (I'm not a great teacher...) :pray

stauros
June 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
My prayer is that after today, she will not be fearful, but will look each day for the coming of our Lord. Please, friends of RRBB, join me in this prayer! And please pray that I can present the truth to her in a clear/concise manner! (I'm not a great teacher...) :pray

:pray

Musician in His house
June 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Evoo, let us know how the visit goes!!

Evoo327
June 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Evoo, let us know how the visit goes!!

It went great! She was incredibly encouraged. I took her through some of the Scriptures, and she said they made a lot of sense. I gave her a more complete list of verses, and she's going to seek them out herself still, but that what I told her made a lot of sense, and was plain in the Word. She seemed so much more at peace when she left! :yeah

I'm so happy. The last person I tried to explain the pre-Trib position to left with no opinion on it, and I was so discouraged. I am glad that this time, my friend left encouraged and hopeful about our future as the Bride of Christ!

acceptedintheBeloved
June 25th, 2011, 07:11 PM
You will be really disappointed if there is not a pretribulation rapture.

The phrase "the hope of salvation" (1 Thessalonians 5:8) is just one of many terms that the New Testament epistles use to describe the pretribulational rapture of the Church ("being clothed upon" is another one which hints toward it - from 2 Corinthians 5:1-5... the Church-age believer being characterized by the phrase "a new creation" of verse 17).

You don't sound particularly convinced of it, though. Is there a specific reason or two that you would care to share?

Welcome to RR. :hat

Nightelf
June 25th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Welcome to RR :hat

It's customary for new members to introduce themselves in the New Member's Welcome forum. Please do and give us your testimony - thanks!

Evoo327
June 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM

No, I don't think so, as I have faith in the goodness of our Lord no matter what. However, I also do not think it's a possibility that the rapture will be anything but pretribulation. :hat

Welcome to RR! It's a wonderful place to fellowship and to learn. I hope you introduce yourself in the new members area! :wave

Lucid
July 1st, 2011, 07:09 AM
I wonder what it will be like in cemeteries.

Whenever I visit my parents' graves, I recite I Corinthians 15:52.

Personally, I wouldn't mind standing next to their graves when they burst open! Talk about cool!

I also know that, unlike Lot's wife, I won't be looking back! :hat My curiosity will not get the better of me! My eyes will be focused on that "opened door", Revelation 4:1.

gradywhite
July 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Whenever I visit my parents' graves, I recite I Corinthians 15:52.

Personally, I wouldn't mind standing next to their graves when they burst open! Talk about cool!

I also know that, unlike Lot's wife, I won't be looking back! :hat My curiosity will not get the better of me! My eyes will be focused on that "opened door", Revelation 4:1.

Well then I hope that 'twinkling of an eye" thing is correct.
If I'm in a grave yard and graves start popping open, I feel very strongly I'll die of heart failure.:shocked

Buzzardhut
July 2nd, 2011, 12:09 AM
Well then I hope that 'twinkling of an eye" thing is correct.
If I'm in a grave yard and graves start popping open, I feel very strongly I'll die of heart failure.:shocked

This mean you'll be sticking around? :scratch :heh