PDA

View Full Version : The Two Witnesses: Enoch & Elijah?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Word
August 26th, 2008, 07:57 AM
If Love 4JC is correct, then the Rapture will have to be after the midpoint of the Tribulation and after the Great Tribulation and right before the Day of the Wrath of God (Rev. 6:17) is poured out. That is if Elijah is one of the two prophets mentioned. Interesting.

Word

Not Perfect, But Forgiven
August 26th, 2008, 08:13 AM
If Love 4JC is correct, then the Rapture will have to be after the midpoint of the Tribulation and after the Great Tribulation and right before the Day of the Wrath of God (Rev. 6:17) is poured out. That is if Elijah is one of the two prophets mentioned. Interesting.

Word

The problem I see with that is that the Church has always believed in Jesus and spoke His word. We have no need for Elijah to come. We need no signs and wonders. The Holy Spirit in us is proof of our salvation. For us, the Messiah came the first time many years ago, and we have believed since. We are to be spared from the wrath of the tribulation, and in fact, we might actually hinder it. God did not appoint the Church to wrath, the wrath that will consume the planet in His 21 judgements during the tribulation. So many praying and believing Christians in unison would definitely reach God's ears, and the anti-christ couldn't even be revealed. The anti-christ needs a christian-less world to manifest himself to the global media, and that's exactly what he'll get after the rapture. Then it's up to the tribulation saints to fight for Christ until the end of the 7 years. That is my understanding of it.

heart4thelost
August 26th, 2008, 08:24 AM
The problem I see with that is that the Church has always believed in Jesus and spoke His word. We have no need for Elijah to come. We need no signs and wonders. The Holy Spirit in us is proof of our salvation. For us, the Messiah came the first time many years ago, and we have believed since. We are to be spared from the wrath of the tribulation, and in fact, we might actually hinder it. God did not appoint the Church to wrath, the wrath that will consume the planet in His 21 judgements during the tribulation. So many praying and believing Christians in unison would definitely reach God's ears, and the anti-christ couldn't even be revealed. The anti-christ needs a christian-less world to manifest himself to the global media, and that's exactly what he'll get after the rapture. Then it's up to the tribulation saints to fight for Christ until the end of the 7 years. That is my understanding of it.
Wholeheartedly agree.:nod:preach

gratefulberean
August 26th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Interesting. But as to your question -

Elijah didn't die, he was taken away. Therefore, a miracle of resurrection will not be seen and he (Elijah) will be hard to believe. Just as John the Baptist was doubted by so many in his day. Remember, they asked if he was Elijah as well and when he said "no" they scoffed at him - Hence the "Brood of Vipers" rebuke.

Agape!

yes, you are right.:doh

My bad! He never died so he can't be resurrected. Poor word choice... I do recall them asking John the Baptist if he was Elijah, of course they did not understand that the Messiah was coming twice.

gratefulberean
August 26th, 2008, 09:39 AM
looking way back at the entrance of Elijah into the affairs of Ahab and Jezebel, he just turned up out of nowhere and announced that he would cause a famine to come, and that famine lasted for 3 1/2 years. So, if things repeat, as so many things do in Scripture types,,,he will probably appear like this again, and in Revelation 11 it says that the two witnesses stand before "the God of the earth"........now, as Moses and Aaron stood before Pharoah, then these witnesses again will stand before "the God of the earth",,,which I assume may be the a/c, as it says "of the earth", not the God of heaven and earth, and they will preach in Jerusalem for 3 1/2 years. Our Lord said that Elijah would appear and restore all things, perhaps having to do with the temple in Jerusalem.
But it is important to remember that "the Jews require a sign",,,and we of the church believe, without seeing, and the two witnesses will bring with them many signs for the Jews. Signs are for the tribulation years, and not for us, so I would expect that they do not appear until the very beginning of the tribulation.

So you would refute Elijah returning pretrib? Prior to looking closely at Malachi, I would have too, but now I am wondering...:scratch

Love4JC
August 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM

I think there is a small misunderstanding here :). Elijah will come after we are gone, during the "mild" portion of the Tribulation...the first 3 1/2 years and a short time after the peace agreement is confirmed by AC. They will witness to the remaining church of Laodicean's (the ones who weren't hot or cold, but lukewarm and didn't repent), the remaining Jews on the earth, and the whole world. The other witness is believed to be Moses because he was the other great Jewish prophet and the Bible does not mention his physical death either. Hope this helps! :thumb

Jillian
August 26th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I think there is a small misunderstanding here :). Elijah will come after we are gone, during the "mild" portion of the Tribulation...the first 3 1/2 years and a short time after the peace agreement is confirmed by AC. They will witness to the remaining church of Laodicean's (the ones who weren't hot or cold, but lukewarm and didn't repent), the remaining Jews on the earth, and the whole world. The other witness is believed to be Moses because he was the other great Jewish prophet and the Bible does not mention his physical death either. Hope this helps! :thumb

Yes , the Bible does mention Moses' physical death. See passages below.

Deuteronomy Chapter 34 verses 5, 6 7, and 8

So Moses , the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord,
and he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor, but no man knoweth of his scepulcher unto this day.
And Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.
And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab for thirty days: so the weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.

Ann Orms
August 26th, 2008, 10:11 AM
:thumb
I believe Elijah will be one of the two witnesses that will preach the gospel during the tribulation period itself, spoken of in Revelation 11:3-12. The dreadful day of the Lord is usually used to describe the Great Tribulation, after the first 3 1/2 years, which will be like a walk in the park by comparison.

:thumb I agree with you ,

Beulah Land
August 26th, 2008, 10:13 AM
In reply to Moses' death in the Bible it can be read in Deuteronomy chapter 34 verses 5-7. Moses died at an old age and was buried, but his tomb is unknown. He did have a physical death according to the Word of God.

HisAlways
August 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I believe Elijah will be one of the two witnesses that will preach the gospel during the tribulation period itself, spoken of in Revelation 11:3-12. The dreadful day of the Lord is usually used to describe the Great Tribulation, after the first 3 1/2 years, which will be like a walk in the park by comparison.

I thought the same of Elijah also.:)