PDA

View Full Version : What will martial law be like?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Gomenasai
December 17th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
Is there anarchist history in your past? From the post I responded to I would suggest that there is still some of that in you. I don't believe I'll find a reading in the new testament that condones ceasing what belongs to others.

Tall Timbers you sound like a psychiatrist

Gomenasai You sound like a nice godly young man with a good head on your shoulders now, nice to call you my brother. Your responses to others show maturity. Merry Christmas! Thank you, but I don't blame Tall Timbers, I haven't been here too long and very well could have been an anarchist! Haha

Pleased to meet ya ;)

Texas Girl
December 19th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Gomenasai, I completely understand what you mean. I do understand and you may be showing the most faith and maturity. So I'll hug you now.... :hug
But, I wonder if you have children. Maybe you do. But if not, you need to understand that it changes who you are forever. It begins with your children and then it spreads to all those who are defenseless. My concern for a long time now has been that our country could end up in a serious depression causing hunger. I trust the Lord to provide. But I also trust him to help me use my mind and my resources now to prepare for difficult times. Like Joseph did.
I believe, although you never know until faced with a situation, that I would use force to defend my family, home, and food stores. Maybe I do not have the compassion that I should. Perhaps I need to grow in this area. But if I were responsible for the death of a thief who was not a Christian, I think I could live with that. That is between him and the Lord. My Lord, my father.
And another thing I want to mention is, if we fight for what's right and lose, at least we tried. You know? I believe America may be lost forever as well. But I would rather die standing for what's right than go along with what's wrong. At least I think I would. :pray

twisty58
December 19th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Since the United States isn't mentioned as a major player in end times, my fear is that our country will be destroyed... by nuclear means or earthquakes, famine or disease.

Forte No. 12
December 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Probably a mixture between "24" and "Jericho," minus all the terrorism and nuclear bomb stuff.

Real world examples would most likely have to be that of most communist governments who strip away all liberty from their citizens.

mom2four
December 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Gomenasai, I completely understand what you mean. I do understand and you may be showing the most faith and maturity. So I'll hug you now.... :hug
But, I wonder if you have children. Maybe you do. But if not, you need to understand that it changes who you are forever. It begins with your children and then it spreads to all those who are defenseless. My concern for a long time now has been that our country could end up in a serious depression causing hunger. I trust the Lord to provide. But I also trust him to help me use my mind and my resources now to prepare for difficult times. Like Joseph did.
I believe, although you never know until faced with a situation, that I would use force to defend my family, home, and food stores. Maybe I do not have the compassion that I should. Perhaps I need to grow in this area. But if I were responsible for the death of a thief who was not a Christian, I think I could live with that. That is between him and the Lord. My Lord, my father.
And another thing I want to mention is, if we fight for what's right and lose, at least we tried. You know? I believe America may be lost forever as well. But I would rather die standing for what's right than go along with what's wrong. At least I think I would. :pray

My thoughts as well.....those of us with small children are much more limited and have a totally different viewpoint. If all heck breaks loose, those without dependants will be in a much better position to 'survive'......hideout, live off the land, etc. It is prudent for those of us with dependants to provide for them now while we have the resources.....who is to say that God isn't pressing us to do this.....ultimately it is HIS provision for me as he has allowed me to have the resources to do this now.

I am all for standing up for what is right, but with small children I am not about to join some resistance movement......at least my path is clear for me at this moment in time.

lostsheep
December 19th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I think whatever descision you'll make will be the right one ;) Whatever that be.

But He has shown you what we all need to do, and that is abide in Him and grow in faith. I guess im quite contrary to the people here worried about stocking up food and possibly weapons, I see no need to. What we need is faith.
(obviously one thing I need to do is study the word so I know where certain scripture is, please forgive me but i've forgotten :()
But somewhere it mentions the foolish man who stores up his food so he didnt have to work for some time. God feeds the birds in the sky, do you not think He would feed one of His children? Have faith, and that I can see you have :) Don't worry, all things will work out to His glory!

Wise words my brother. I have read all of your responses in this post and I am in agreement with you, while at the same time understand the other view of wanting to stockpile and fight.
I have four little children at home and I am not the least bit concerned about buying a gun. A verse that jumps out at me...."all the days ordained for me where written in your book before one of them came to be". I cannot extend my life or the lives of my children and certainly not by buying a gun. The only reason I may consider buying a gun would be to start hunting so I can feed my family if it gets real bad, but then at the same time when I think about that there is that verse that you mentioned about the Lord feeding the birds of the air and how much more will he also feed me. Also I shouldn't fear those who will kill the body, this is only my temporary home.
I am trusting the Lord with all of my heart and leaning not on my own understandings, I am trying in all of my ways to acknowledge him so he will direct my paths. I am totally trusting God to take care of my family. (not saying those of you who feel the need to stockpile and own guns are not, hey, maybe I'll come running to your houses when it all hits the fan so you can also protect me and my family, you know I'm a mechanic so I can pretty much fix anything so we could make a good team, you do the shooting and I'll do the fixing :)
Anyway, again brother Gomenasia, do not feel alone in your thinking. And brother Tall Timbers I totally respect your view.
Remember all, that God is sovereign and in TOTAL control of all things. We need not have the spirit of fear. Jesus has conquered death so there is NOTHING to fear.
Come Lord Jesus!!!
Paul

Gomenasai
December 19th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Wise words my brother. I have read all of your responses in this post and I am in agreement with you, while at the same time understand the other view of wanting to stockpile and fight.
I have four little children at home and I am not the least bit concerned about buying a gun. A verse that jumps out at me...."all the days ordained for me where written in your book before one of them came to be". I cannot extend my life or the lives of my children and certainly not by buying a gun. The only reason I may consider buying a gun would be to start hunting so I can feed my family if it gets real bad, but then at the same time when I think about that there is that verse that you mentioned about the Lord feeding the birds of the air and how much more will he also feed me. Also I shouldn't fear those who will kill the body, this is only my temporary home.
I am trusting the Lord with all of my heart and leaning not on my own understandings, I am trying in all of my ways to acknowledge him so he will direct my paths. I am totally trusting God to take care of my family. (not saying those of you who feel the need to stockpile and own guns are not, hey, maybe I'll come running to your houses when it all hits the fan so you can also protect me and my family, you know I'm a mechanic so I can pretty much fix anything so we could make a good team, you do the shooting and I'll do the fixing :)
Anyway, again brother Gomenasia, do not feel alone in your thinking. And brother Tall Timbers I totally respect your view.
Remember all, that God is sovereign and in TOTAL control of all things. We need not have the spirit of fear. Jesus has conquered death so there is NOTHING to fear.
Come Lord Jesus!!!
Paul Thank you, Lostsheep, and I thank all of you guys, this has put some things into perspective for me. I must admit, I saw your post yesterday Texas Girl and I became perplexed. I wrote out this really long post but I just couldnt bring myself to post it, I wasn't certain. :thinking

And especially for families with single mothers and children! Hopefully you have some other family you could live with if things got really bad! I think what should be done would be clearer in cases of persecution of the church, having officialls bust into your house rather then chaos and a petty thief coming for food. But a time of anarchy, in the event of an attack or something it, is a possibility, Lord willing that none of us have to experience, but it all works out to His glory. Although if this did happen, I dont think it would be chaotic very long, but it is still a period of time.

Matthew 26:50-
50 Jesus replied, "Friend, do what you came for." Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him.

51 With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52 "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"

Paul had more obviously acted unwise in this situation, but be careful! Im sure he thought he was doing it out of love. We need to pray to grow in faith and have the dicerning ability to choose and act wisly in whatever hostile situation we may find ourselfs, or our families in. If an armed (or unarmed and unknowing) theif comes in looking for food in a household of only women and children, I don't think the Lord will hold his blood over your head for striking him down. Certainly if he comes in armed. But even still, you may want to analyze the situation. Obviously he probably wont say out loud "I come for food!" and a woman who has her children on her mind may make hasty descisions to avoid the worst, and I dont blame her.

Proverbs 25:21-22
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you

Of course, this is probably a more pronounced enemy then a thief, but is a thief an enemy? I don't know what to say. If you have a stockpile of food, could you not share? Offer him some, if he comes armed or unarmed looking for food, but not all because you and your family must eat too. If he refuses and wants it all, strike him down (if hes armed), because he refused your offering and will then intend to kill to get it. But this is assuming he comes making his initial intention clear, or answering perhaps a question "What do you come for?" If he comes unarmed, looking for food, would you not give him some?

Romans 12:17
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.

Maybe then you can tell him about the Lord who has supplied you with your food. And maybe the Lord would open his heart and he would help you out.
Again

Luke 12:
22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.

23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.

24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

Also, very important
Matthew 14:13-21
13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns.

14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and it's already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food."

16 Jesus replied, "They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat."

17 "We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish," they answered.

18 "Bring them here to me," he said.

19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people.

20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

Its also from my understanding, new scientific findings that you actually live longer consuming less food (around 1200 calories for an adult). When you have less caloric intake, the human body compensates and actually starts to work more effectivly and efficiant. In a test with lab rats, they gave one group the thought reccomended caloric intake, and another group half that. Group 2 outlived group 1 by, if im not mistaken, years! Perhaps months, if anyones heard this please correct me.

But the fact still remains, the body can in fact do a lot, with a little.

But this is food! I hope we wouldn't get so agressive over material possessions! If a man comes into my house demanding my TV and computer and hes armed, have it! Its certainly not worth risking mine, or any of my families life to keep our TV's and such.

*EDIT* I think I lack compassion, I know I do. I don't have the answers. But what we need is to pray for faith and to discern the most appropriate action for the event at hand. And drawing your sword (gun), I would say, is the last appropriate action.

thechef71
December 19th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Hopefully it will never come to having to use a gun or any kind of violence. But I think that there is a time to do so. Evil despots arise, terrorists, maybe just wild anarchy will breakout I don't know. But I think everyone would be wise to be able to take care of yourself and your family in some way. I think there is lots of references in the Bible to preparing for bad times. Maybe some people feel more led to be this way than others. Call me a watchman, sheepdog whatever it's just the way I feel not that anyone else is wrong for feeling differently. But I will say there is quite a few poeple seriously prepaing where I live with food,arms, etc. Some friends of mine are even stockpiling gas.

Texas Girl
December 19th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Gomenasai,
Your heart is sooooooooooooo good! I envy your goodness! Thank you for your thoughts and the scriptures. They are perfect. Sometimes as a mom you feel so overwhelming an urge to protect your young ones. And I have such faith in Jesus. But I still feel like He has given me this responsibility.
I would absolutely share. I would happily share and hope to make an enemy a friend. But my mind goes to mobs of people and to looting and to things I have never seen. I am prepared for the worst. But I am not afraid. I am only prepared to care for and protect those in my charge. I would gladly take on the welfare of others and count it as a blessing to do so.
:hug

Gomenasai
December 20th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Gomenasai,
Your heart is sooooooooooooo good! I envy your goodness! Thank you for your thoughts and the scriptures. They are perfect. Sometimes as a mom you feel so overwhelming an urge to protect your young ones. And I have such faith in Jesus. But I still feel like He has given me this responsibility.
I would absolutely share. I would happily share and hope to make an enemy a friend. But my mind goes to mobs of people and to looting and to things I have never seen. I am prepared for the worst. But I am not afraid. I am only prepared to care for and protect those in my charge. I would gladly take on the welfare of others and count it as a blessing to do so.
:hug :hat Thank you :) but I don't have anything to envy you dont have, I can assure you. We both have the Lord and He's who gives us these things :hug He's all we need. I know He's doing only the best to prepare you for whats to come

:pray