PDA

View Full Version : rapture is an "American church" doctrine???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lvanett
December 18th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I am really*UPSET*tonight.

I went to a "Bible study" with a local teacher (nobody famous) who I was told is "great" and I was stunned and appalled by what he taught:

He claims the rapture is an "American church doctrine" and that if you were to go to places such as Iran or China, where they're being persecuted & martyred for their faith, and told them all about the rapture, they'd call you crazy and say that they've been persecuted for so many years and "now we're going to be raptured? I don't think so." He further went on to state that "if" someone were to try to convince him there is a rapture and used scripture, he'd show them "a bunch" of scriptures that say it's not so.

And to think I wasted an hour of my time listening to this DRIVEL... :faint

Has anyone ever heard any famous or not-so-famous preachers who believe this NONSENSE??? Please tell me other churches around the world aren't preaching this!

Faith&Hope
December 18th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Trust Gods Word. What "Bible" was he reading from???
Run don't walk away from this teacher.

Scriptures that say it's not so?? I think you wasted an hour of your time.
Many scriptures support the rapture. Who is this "teacher"

pegmo
December 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I know they are teaching the rapture in South AFrica.....

http://www.bibleguidance.co.za/

Gabby
December 19th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Don't be alarmed by this. There are many churches, who, through various forms of Catholicism, have been historically taught to take the Scriptures as allegorical, or non-literally. If they read Scripture as allegory, then they miss so many of the rich literal promises Christ has given us.

The true church has many answers to these critics...I'd suggest you get the book 'The End Times Controversy' which defends the Pre-Trib doctrine. http://www.amazon.com/End-Times-Controversy-Prophecy-Library/dp/0736912649/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229706594&sr=1-1
Excellent resource to help one understand the truth given in Scripture.

These guys, without the proper theological defense of studying the Word, can and do bring much confusion into the church. You need to be armed so that, through Scripture, you can prove their teachings, if not false, then at best, confused.

Dannielle07
December 19th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Two of my sons friends have fathers who are pastors. One is from Sudan and one from Honduras. they both speak of the rapture.

aquamarinebug
December 19th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Don't be alarmed by this. There are many churches, who, through various forms of Catholicism, have been historically taught to take the Scriptures as allegorical, or non-literally. If they read Scripture as allegory, then they miss so many of the rich literal promises Christ has given us.

The true church has many answers to these critics...I'd suggest you get the book 'The End Times Controversy' which defends the Pre-Trib doctrine. http://www.amazon.com/End-Times-Controversy-Prophecy-Library/dp/0736912649/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229706594&sr=1-1
Excellent resource to help one understand the truth given in Scripture.

These guys, without the proper theological defense of studying the Word, can and do bring much confusion into the church. You need to be armed so that, through Scripture, you can prove their teachings, if not false, then at best, confused.

You know, I was raised in the RCC and I had only heard about the rapture ONCE - and it was while I was in PUBLIC SCHOOL during study hall by someone who "planted the seed." :) - IT WORKS!

I still get a litttttle shaky due to my new-ness and the inability to let go of the "logic" gene...but so far, all evidence points to it happening...that it is a legit thing - and that it IS referenced in the Word. :candle

Gabby
December 19th, 2008, 01:40 PM
You know, I was raised in the RCC and I had only heard about the rapture ONCE - and it was while I was in PUBLIC SCHOOL during study hall by someone who "planted the seed." :) - IT WORKS!

I still get a litttttle shaky due to my new-ness and the inability to let go of the "logic" gene...but so far, all evidence points to it happening...that it is a legit thing - and that it IS referenced in the Word. :candle

It's referenced quite clearly in Scripture, aquamarinebug. But I can see how if one isn't taught to properly divide the Word, and if one is also taught that prophecy is allegorical rather than literal...I can only imagine how confused one must be.

Stick around here and you'll have your iron sharpened nicely. If you ever feel the desire to study the Rapture, there are countless wonderful articles/study references on http://raptureready.com/index.php .

aquamarinebug
December 19th, 2008, 01:46 PM
It's referenced quite clearly in Scripture, aquamarinebug. But I can see how if one isn't taught to properly divide the Word, and if one is also taught that prophecy is allegorical rather than literal...I can only imagine how confused one must be.

Stick around here and you'll have your iron sharpened nicely. If you ever feel the desire to study the Rapture, there are countless wonderful articles/study references on http://raptureready.com/index.php .

Oh YES Gabby! I completely agree...I have jumped "head first" in to studying scripture and I am pretty much on RR any chance I get. I also have been reading so much on everything - (I love to read) by LEGIT authors..none of this "purpose driven" non-sense, although I did purchase that book when I was in college, but couldn't get past the first chapter because I noticed it was lacking - EVEN THEN when I wasn't really "in Christ." Strange, isn't it?

BUT because of the Lord, RR info, and people like you, I feel that my iron has already become VERY nicely shaped! I am very into studying and God has blessed me with a "quick" learn - so I just cant get enough! I feel like I've done a 180 since early November...very odd, but I know there is SO much to learn now - and other things just dont hold my interest like they used to..

:candle

Gabby
December 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Oh YES Gabby! I completely agree...I have jumped "head first" in to studying scripture and I am pretty much on RR any chance I get. I also have been reading so much on everything - (I love to read) by LEGIT authors..none of this "purpose driven" non-sense, although I did purchase that book when I was in college, but couldn't get past the first chapter because I noticed it was lacking - EVEN THEN when I wasn't really "in Christ." Strange, isn't it?

BUT because of the Lord, RR info, and people like you, I feel that my iron has already become VERY nicely shaped! I am very into studying and God has blessed me with a "quick" learn - so I just cant get enough! I feel like I've done a 180 since early November...very odd, but I know there is SO much to learn now - and other things just dont hold my interest like they used to..

:candle

I've enjoyed getting to know you a bit here...and your wonderful testimony about what happened to you after you voted. :hug Amazing, isn't it?!

Seabird
December 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM
They just don't want to believe in the rapture of the church. Why does church persecution or no church persecution have any bearing on what the Bible teaches in Thesolonians. My brother is like this, "not bad enough yet for Jesus to come back". Whatever, brother.