PDA

View Full Version : Jack & Rexella Van Impe

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Silvercord
September 2nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
I believe that Jack loves Jesus and has undoubtedly helped bring many people to him, I just wish he would ignore the fringe stuff. Why spend time talking about Mayans when Jesus is coming?

We don't need supporting evidence from ancient civilizations to know that Jesus is coming. I don't care what the Mayans, Egyptians, or Nostradamus has to say. We have the word of God that tells us what will happen, and the signs that will come before.

Jack has knowledge, enthusiasm, and a brilliant memory. He just doesn't need the worldly support to deliver the Good News in my opinion.

OnceWasLost
September 2nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
But yes I do think JVI is a little out there. Along with PAt Robertson, Rick Warren, COpeland... etc. Who can you really trust these days? One that I can think of...
This is stating the obvious but there are plenty of very good Bible teachers out there. The best way as we should all know is to examine their teaching against The Word. People are drawn to the sensational, but that as we can see all around us is a poor substitute for real spiritual growth.

I love to study prophesy as much as anyone, I just avoid gimmicky types and especially avoid getting caught up in any kind of date speculation.:nod

I agree, especially on the slinging mud part. Several renowned men have been named in this particular thread, and though I'm not naming them (to avoid an argument) I personally would not name them in the same breath as "false teachers" or such for fear of being judged myself.

Agreed, we should not sling mud. We do however have the duty to point out error when it is plain to see (I assume you agree). We don't need to fear judgment if a teacher is off, scripturally, and we sound the alarm. I have no fear in stating that the WOF/Signs and Wonders crowd, for example, is without any Biblical basis. Same goes for the emergent types that deny the absolute authority of Scripture, and as a result deny major settled, essential doctrines.

I don't think we disagree here, I just want to be clear to whoever reads this thread that they will know we can test a teacher, and see if the fruit is good or bad. :thumb

HisAlways
September 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Youíre very close, Keith but we donít begin with Israel becoming a nation, in 1948. We begin with Daniel 9:24 the Jews capturing Jerusalem, Luke 21:24. A generation is 52 years, Matthew 1:17. Add it to 1967 and it comes out to 2019, minus 7 years for the Rapture Ė 2012. I hope thatís good."

Quoted from here: http://www.jvim.com/qotw/archive.php?display=17
That's the first I've heard a "generation" implied to be 52 years. :scratch

BornAgain123
September 2nd, 2008, 10:41 AM

That's exactly what my reaction was.

If JVI wants to play this date setting game, then he should STICK to what he said, and STAY with it.

However-every year, he keeps manipulating and bumping it up. Obviously, he has very little time on his hands but to twiddle his thumbs.

Notindarkness
September 2nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
I have the DVD of this December 21, 2012 and in it JVI isn't saying that the Lord is coming that day or any day. Jack Van Impe is just using that date because all the others like Myans, Nostradamus and all the others who make reference to Decembe 21, 2012 as the date for the world to end. Jack Van Impe through out the video stresses that the Bible says the world will never end as the above say. He mentions the above but refutes them with the Bible which says the world will not end but when Christ comes he will change it from the way we know the world now.

LookingUplinda
September 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
I have the DVD of this December 21, 2012 and in it JVI isn't saying that the Lord is coming that day or any day. Jack Van Impe is just using that date because all the others like Myans, Nostradamus and all the others who make reference to Decembe 21, 2012 as the date for the world to end. Jack Van Impe through out the video stresses that the Bible says the world will never end as the above say. He mentions the above but refutes them with the Bible which says the world will not end but when Christ comes he will change it from the way we know the world now.
I'm sorry people, but this is the truth about JVI, in the 3-4 years I watched, I never took anything he said as date setting! I urge you to subscibe to his weekly newsletter before you judge him. He so obviosly loves God very deeply.

BlessedAssurance
September 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
My parents brought the DVD when they came to visit one time. All through the first half I was FUMING! My mom kept saying, "Megan, calm down. He's not date-setting!"

She was right. VanImpe was predicting that Satan has deluded the 'doomsday date setters.' He said over and over that the world would not end.

His mannerisms can get on my nerves, and Rexella:pound, but he is not date-setting on that DVD. If you only watch the first half, however, you do not get the whole picture of what he is doing.

BBB
September 3rd, 2008, 12:10 AM

I used to watch Jack some, several years ago, before 2000. That is when I heard him come up with 52 years = generation. I'm pretty sure he was relating it to the year 2000 (1948 + 52 = 2000, remember the hype?). Back then he said nobody was sure what a generation was, but he finally settled on that # then. He was the first one I heard say 'the bible says no one will know the day or the hour, but that doesn't mean we won't know the month or the year'. I always thought he was a Christian and he certainly knows his bible. But then again, I don't watch him anymore...:thinking

MoreThanReady
September 3rd, 2008, 09:56 AM
The only true things about 21 December 2012 is that it's the date of the annual winter solstice, when the day is shortest on the northern hemisphere and that the Mayan calendar ends on that date.
Also 2012 is the year that the sun should be in that maximum of its 11 year long sunspot activity cycle.
All other claims are bogus new age mumbo jumbo and weird conspiracy doodoo, so pay no heed to those other than to ask yourself why the devil whips up this nonsense...

2012 is also the year the 'I ching' ends as well.
History channel or National Geo channel had a great program about the year 2012 and all the different pagen beliefs for that year.

Dec 2012 is a major astronomical event plus it is the 'end of the age' in the Myan Calendar, it is something else in the "I Ching' (i might have that wrong, but basically the Chinese version of tarrot cards), it is the winter solace, etc.. etc.. etc..

From a biblical point of year, it is just another year :) but from a pagen and astronomy point of view it is a very intersting DATE...remember that many pagen beliefs are based on Astronomicaly events...

lilbitsyspider
September 6th, 2008, 10:53 AM
This is stating the obvious but there are plenty of very good Bible teachers out there. The best way as we should all know is to examine their teaching against The Word. People are drawn to the sensational, but that as we can see all around us is a poor substitute for real spiritual growth.

I love to study prophesy as much as anyone, I just avoid gimmicky types and especially avoid getting caught up in any kind of date speculation.:nod

Agreed, we should not sling mud. We do however have the duty to point out error when it is plain to see (I assume you agree). We don't need to fear judgment if a teacher is off, scripturally, and we sound the alarm. I have no fear in stating that the WOF/Signs and Wonders crowd, for example, is without any Biblical basis. Same goes for the emergent types that deny the absolute authority of Scripture, and as a result deny major settled, essential doctrines.

I don't think we disagree here, I just want to be clear to whoever reads this thread that they will know we can test a teacher, and see if the fruit is good or bad. :thumb

We do agree!:hat