PDA

View Full Version : Jack & Rexella Van Impe

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Amber Lynne
April 10th, 2009, 02:12 PM
THIS is what I was looking for...

graybeard
April 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM
here's one thread I found. there's more. Hope it helps

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=79537&highlight=Jack+Van+Impe

Amber Lynne
April 10th, 2009, 02:25 PM
While that is probably quite true, dont you get the sense that 2012 has some sort of importance beyond that?

Im not date-setting here. It just seems rather curious that there is such a variety of non-Scriptural interest in that year in particular. It almost seems like some sort of a 'set up'.

Does that make sense?

YES, it does and I agree.

Amber Lynne
April 10th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you. :hug I just didn't know how to search properly.

candlelight
April 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Has anyone ever listened to Grant Jeffrey? He is on, on Wednesday night!

billiefan2000
April 10th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Ok, so I went back several (12) pages and did not see a thread on him, so I am starting one.

I have watched him on TV and listened to podcasts for years and I like the man. However, recently he has started to bother me.

What do y'all think of him? Good? Bad? Ugly?

jack is a mixed bag. he isnt as bad as others on TBN.

one place where I applaud him for is this:

he calls out the seeker-friendly churches

that refuse to preach JESUS

and just want to give itching ears and entertainment

also Jack Van Impe on his show last sunday called Rob Bell a false teacher and explained why

akaclw
April 10th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I've listened to him a few times, and the man quotes a huge amount of scripture to back up what he says during his talks. Maybe he has changed. His wife is sweet, and they are a cute couple. I have to say it is very hard to accuse someone who accurately quotes scripture, not just the address, but the passage itself. He supports the pretrib rapture, and preaches salvation through accepting Jesus, and His gift of salvation. (This is what I have heard from his recent messages) I've heard more questionable statements from the guy in San Antonia Texas, and he does not back them up with scripture.

AnnOdom44
April 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Well, someone at my church asked our pastor about the 12/21/12 thing, and he got the JVI DVD. I warned him that JVI is out in left field. I used to watch him many years ago, but some of the things he said just didn't line up with scripture. We watched the first 1/3 of the DVD and sorta of had a general discussion. Someone asked why the Mayan calendar stopped at that date. Smart aleck me said "they ran out of stone!" He seemed to put a lot of emphasis on the credibility of the Mayan calendar. When we watched the 1/3 part this week, he was talking about global warming and linking it with what will be happening during the Tribulation, which could make a baby Christian think we might be in the first part of the Tribulation.:doh He kept comparing things we're seeing in the news today with things that will be happening during the Tribulation, which lacks credibility. And, when he said the Earth will never be destroyed is just completely against what scripture tells us, following the 1,000 year reign of Jesus, and the final confrontation with satan, when a new Earth and new Heaven will be formed. What is amazing is that Rexella looks EXACTLY like she did over 20 years ago, as does Jack. :faint He may have memorized the Bible, but he rattles off the scripture references so fast, without reading them, that you don't have a chance to check out if what he's saying is true, in reference to that scripture. As for Grant Jeffry, I haven't watched him in years, since he got into the "Bible code" thing, which was disproven. We just have to have discernment in these last days, and be like the Bereans. And yes, I read the posts from page 2 to this page:nod

Miggy
April 10th, 2009, 09:11 PM
When he says the world won't be destroyed, he's talking about how most people think the world will one day come to an end and humanity will die out, earth will be a desolate wasteland, etc. He's not saying it won't be reformed, but that it will be "a world without end, amen."

I agree he can be a little bit out there, especially with this pets in heaven video, but let's me fair in our criticism.

Miggy, the Thief

brothermike
April 10th, 2009, 10:29 PM
This is a great site, a lot of encouragement/truth to be found. What I don't understand is why we are so critical of our brothers and sisters. Every single one of us has a lack of understanding in one area or another when it comes to the Word. We may have even found ourselves being dogmatic about a particular point of scripture only to change our viewpoint later.

I have 10 episodes of JVI saved on my tivo going back to December of last year and he makes it very clear that he is not setting any dates. Yes he may talk about some stuff that I find to be strange but he unlike many other tv ministries has never said anything that I felt to be dangerous to my faith. More than this, I find him and his wife to be very encouraging.

That being said, unless the Lord specifically told me to do so for a specific circumstance, I would not mention any of those "other" tv ministries by name.