PDA

View Full Version : Analog to digital switch for TV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

HeIsEnough
January 21st, 2009, 12:35 PM
It's the 60 Hz frequency that creates a static sound or buzz (without the feathers :heh) when amplified in systems without sophisticated noise filters.

:nod

It's a natural phenomenon, except for the buzz part, that is really Buzz talking to you. :heh

Europe has been "big brotherized" for years with digital, I ain't skeered.

truthseeker815
January 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
:nod

It's a natural phenomenon, except for the buzz part, that is really Buzz talking to you. :heh

Europe has been "big brotherized" for years with digital, I ain't skeered.

Exactly!!

Tall Timbers
January 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM
But whoever said it above is right, who the heck would want to even try to listen to 300 million people??? If you become suspect then "THEY" will just plant a bug or tap into your land line or cell phone conversations. Another way is to use a "shotgun mike" or a "parabolic mike" to pick up faint conversations while rejecting any noise the mike is not aimed directly at.

IF they were configured to listen to everyone, and while it is probably technically feasible, the hardware probably isn't being included in the boxes... they would probably run everything through a filter, and when there is a hit on a key word or key phrase it would automatically either route to a real person or to an artificial intelligence device for further screening/processing.

pughugs
January 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM
a microphone and speaker is the same thing, in reverse

oh thanks for clearing that up for me

Lawtonfogle
January 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Two words: Big Brother.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I heard if you plug a microphone into your speaker socket, you'll hear sound coming out of it?

What do you all think about this? Is it true? It wouldn't surprise me, but my question is "why"? I or my family never talk about anything interesting anyway. How do they keep track of millions of people?

A microphone is built almost like a speaker, just one is made to put in sound, the other to take out sound. Thus, a microphone will produce some sound, and if you hooked up a speaker like a micro-phone, you could record some sound, but both would be horrible quality.

As to the switch, digital is nothing different from analog except in the data link layer, basically making it simpler, which is why you need only a converter box, not a new TV, to watch it.

rp4life
January 21st, 2009, 02:09 PM
hey you all, first post here! i was going to go about with an intro in the new people board, but i saw this and i just have to clear some things up. the reason you can plug a microphone into a speaker jack, or a speaker in to a microphone jack , and get either device to act like the other, is because they ARE the same device. both a microphone and a speaker are a membrane connected to a magnet. when you speak into a mic your voices causes the magnet to raise and fall. this causes the the magnet to induce a current which the device and detect and record. a speaker workers the same way but backwards. the device sends a current, which causes the magnet to raise and fall, creating a sound wave. its not the nwo spying on you. its just science and technology

Cherished
January 21st, 2009, 02:13 PM
It's the same as Rapture Ready able to look through your monitor..uhh
nevermind :tape

:shocked usually not a pretty sight, I am afraid. So the joke's on you. :hat

Lainy68
January 21st, 2009, 02:22 PM
source?

csi

Jaiu
January 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
But whoever said it above is right, who the heck would want to even try to listen to 300 million people???

Good question. My guess is that they're really bored or they're looking for suspected terrorists. But who knows the answer, really? :shrug

Jsmythe
January 21st, 2009, 03:57 PM
Good question. My guess is that they're really bored or they're looking for suspected terrorists. But who knows the answer, really? :shrug

They could always run all the information collected from 300 million digital TVs through a voice and facial recognition algorithm. I don't think that is technically possible yet but i'm sure it will be.