PDA

View Full Version : Analog to digital switch for TV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

penbrat
February 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Here's an idea. When my husband and I find ourselves in a financial crunch, for whatever reasons, we don't try to spend our way out of it. We look at our spending and we start prioritizing. We believe we need to continue tithing, we have to pay our debts and we need food and other things. We don't need to eat dinner out, I can get by without that new pair of shoes, we can entertain ourselves without going to the movies or spending a lot of cash elsewhere. In short, we give back to the Lord, pay our bills and do without some luxuries and nonessentials. My guess is that y'all do the same. So, if we can do that, why shouldn't we expect those who were elected to represent us to do the same with our tax money?

That approach is too logical and makes too much sense for Obama to consider it.

howgreatthouart
February 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
That woman is a rock alright, about as bright as a Pet Rock. She is an embarrassment. :doh

The longer this bill doesn't get passed "500,000,000 million people loss their jobs"
:pound

Sari
February 6th, 2009, 12:40 PM
It sounds like they are going to vote for this stimulus pkge today. :idunno

:praying that it does not pass!!!!!

Cherished
February 6th, 2009, 12:55 PM
That woman is a rock alright, about as bright as a Pet Rock. She is an embarrassment. :doh

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/Dbl6gun/NancyHarry.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/sweet-n-sassy_01/samp9912aa7408f25ac1.jpg

jordan7
February 6th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Obama unscripted...:thinking...No sir, I don't like it! :nope

This is just a small amount of what is to come!!:thinking:fear

jordan7
February 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I was floored by Mr.Obama's words/tone last night. He is trying to place the blame on everyone except himself. Did you hear him when he said that he came into office with this big bow wrapped around this mess? Well guess what Mr. President? You may want to blame Mr. Bush on the mess but you need to look to your democratic leaders Pelosi, Reid and Frank too. I'm sorry and people may not agree with me but many many people are responsible for this mess that we are in from Joe Blow on Mainstreet to our democratic and republican leaders in Washington. All that aside we need to get over it. I think the blame game is hindering us from moving forward. Mr. Obama knew what he was getting into when he ran for office. He needs to accept that he is the leader, start acting like a leader and move forward and speak and act like the president of the United States.

:thumb

FrankBeMe
February 6th, 2009, 01:46 PM
What a hypocrisy on the part of the House Democrats.

They are holding this junket at the Kingsmill Resort and Conference Center in Williamsburg. The room rates start at $139 per night to $439 per night.

If all 258 of House Democrats attended, the bill for rooms would be:

At $139= $35,862
At $439= $113,262

That's not counting any of their staff that stayed there.

Right now, the government per diem rate for Williamsburg is $75 for lodging and $54 for meals. Obviously, the per diem isn't enough to stay where they're at. I wonder who foots the difference? Hmmmm I wonder how they got there.

Remember the outrage of the Democrats after they bailed out AIG and others which had executives attending who knows what in expensive resorts.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Now as for Obama's speech there.....news people are saying that he sounded "frustrated." No, he didn't. He just can't believe that there are people both in congress and the population that are against him on this.

FrankBeMe
February 6th, 2009, 01:51 PM
. So, if we can do that, why shouldn't we expect those who were elected to represent us to do the same with our tax money?

Because they're special....and smarter than us.

4EverHis
February 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
What a hypocrisy on the part of the House Democrats.
They are holding this junket at the Kingsmill Resort and Conference Center in Williamsburg. The room rates start at $139 per night to $439 per night.
If all 258 of House Democrats attended, the bill for rooms would be:
At $139= $35,862
At $439= $113,262
That's not counting any of their staff that stayed there.
Right now, the government per diem rate for Williamsburg is $75 for lodging and $54 for meals. Obviously, the per diem isn't enough to stay where they're at. I wonder who foots the difference? Hmmmm I wonder how they got there.
Remember the outrage of the Democrats after they bailed out AIG and others which had executives attending who knows what in expensive resorts.
Hypocrisy at its finest.
Now as for Obama's speech there.....news people are saying that he sounded "frustrated." No, he didn't. He just can't believe that there are people both in congress and the population that are against him on this.
It is disgusting! Hey...instead of spending time at a "Spa", why could they all not met in groups at different Denny's restaurants this last Tuesday. They all could have chatted, and had their Grand Slam breakfast for free!

Donna Barnes
February 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Too bad he didn't take time in his "pep talk" to include the meat of the "so-called" Stimulus package! The only thing it stimulates is more hand-outs to liberal agendas!