PDA

View Full Version : THEY WERE READY (The Prelude)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Katia_0203
July 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Aw ZAGS, now you're makin' me cry again...I love Kennedy and Kristen, you know I do :hug:thankyou2:sob:goodscore

Oh, and thanks for awhile back with that little piece about Maddie and Shade...when you go back and read of their beginnings, it really makes you love them and how God has shaped the story so beautifully, you know?

Tim....THANK YOU. You started ATRFT, YOU started Prelude...God used YOU to create a story, that is now over 110 pages long...a story that God has knit together into a beautiful masterpiece...ALL FOR HIM! :yeah

So please, I urge you, not because I'm a writer there, but because it is truly something amazing to behold what Jesus has created here...check out Aretheyreadyforthis.com. It might take you a long, long time to read it, but I guarantee it will change something inside of you for the better. Some of you who followed it here on RR for awhile will recognize the beginning immediately (it's almost exactly the same) but as you go, things get better and better.

Literally, thank the Lord.

SoundingtheAlarm
July 23rd, 2009, 07:01 PM
We have set this forum up for outreach to those who at this very moment ..If Jesus Christ was to call his Church Home..would be left to face the most horrific time this world has ever saw! Our heart is to follow our Lord in such away as to Honor His heart "that none should perish" hoping that as we write... those of us who name the name of Christ would be inspired to intercede and boldly compel family, friends and co-workers or neighbors who have yet to Call upon Jesus Christ to "flee the wrath to come"

Though our story is obviously a fictional account of what we Believe is Imminent ...all those who have dedicated their time to share... are praying for people who have ears to hear...to hear the REAL MESSAGE .....inside the story. That Jesus Christ is the Son of God ...He Died..He rose again and HE IS COMING BACK! Please Be Ready

SoundingtheAlarm
August 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM
"Guys we can do this! "We've done it before..we can do it again" "WE can do all things through Jesus Christ who gives us strength!" "Who's with me?" The whole team raised their helmets and roared in agreement

Cheerleader's cried out into the night...the air was full of electricity but yet this young man again exhorted...."GUYS take a knee"

"heavenly Father...we come to You this night, as we prepare to play this great game you allowed us to enjoy...help us to play for Your Glory...with all our heart and might but never forgetting that this is just a game..and the most important thing is the most important thing...To Believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ....and Father I pray that your hand of protection will be upon each player on our team and the other...and win or lose we play as if it's the only game we will ever play and again FOR YOU "GLORY" the team all shouted in unison as they had done so many times over Tebow's four years.

As the team broke the huddled prayer....John 3:16 written under his eyes as was his custom...Tim took the field in defense of his national championship ...this his senior year.

Deep into the fourth quarter...Tim's team leading by two touchdowns...Tim kneels in the huddle ready to call the next play

"Keeper to the strong side on two..ready break".....breaking the huddle Tebow eyes the opposition .....then calls out the cadence..."Blue 17, Blue 17" "Huh ..Huh"...taking the snap he rolls out to the right..towards the strong side as if to pass before tucking the ball and heading down the sideline...an open field ..with his blocker's ahead" The 70,000 fans all cheering the former Heisman QB as he heads towards his goal....not just a toward a touchdown but his whole life he has been running a race toward the highest prize the highest goal...the "high calling of Jesus Christ"....The sportscaster shouting along.."he's at the fifty, the forty, the thirty"

When suddenly a Lightning Bolt flashes across the sky....a shout is heard and hundreds if not thousands sitting in the stadium disappear....Tim had been running with all his might.. ...but when that shout came...in that moment...He was changed ..in a twinkling of an eye...he exchanged his mortality for immortality...he and hundreds if not thousands of fellow believer's disappeared into the starry night....THEY WERE READY!!!

SoundingtheAlarm
September 2nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
"America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!"

Gabe sat on his couch replaying an old video of days gone by..tears streaming down his face as he pondered the meaning of Old Glory...the same Ole Glory that He had fought so hard to represent during the 1st Gulf War. "Dear God, why has this nation fallen so far away from You?"

Struggling to stand up onto his one good leg...his wife quickly hurries over to help him on his way

"ahhh babe, let me help ya" taking her hand ..she hears the quake in his tone, "ya alright Gabe?"

"No ..No I'm not...I am sick ..sick to the very core of all that I am...I am sick of watching everything I fought for being ripped apart. Freedom's have been signed away...our national sovereignty stolen in secret board room meetings" "I'm not that old babe, but I remember..oh yes I remember saying the Pledge of Allegiance in class and saying One Nation Under God and KNOWING we were" "I remember when people said "Thank God" that we knew that they were talking about Jesus" ...."I remember when people were ashamed of their sin" "but now it's a source of pride" "people curse God and praise sin" "gay pride...what the heck is that?"

"But most of all I am sick of watching all those who like us...love Jesus being mocked and ridiculed and called right wing fanatics and nuts" "WHY?" "HOW?" "How did this happen?"

stumbling along on his journey...his wife helping him along..she knew where he was headed...to his nightly time in prayer..the secret place in Gabe's house where he went and knelt on his one good knee and prayed and stilled the thoughts that were racing at him"

"Gabe..you go pour that all out to Him..You know He's waiting" leaning towards his beautiful wife..Gabe quickly kisses her reassuringly as if to say I'm grumbling like a bear..but I love ya honey.

Walking into the room..Gabe knelt down on his knee ...not unlike so many other times before except this time...the burden he had been carrying for his nation was too big to bear..and he began to sob...."OH GOD..WHY?" "Please have mercy...Please arise"

deep inside Gabe heard these words "I wept too...when I went to Jerusalem I wept too" "this burden you feel for your nation is the same burden Abraham had for the Land of Lot when He cried "if there be fifty righteous"....this burden you feel is the same burden I felt when I went into the Holy City....but even more than that....the same burden you feel is the one Our Father felt when Adam and Eve turned this whole world away from Him" "but You can be at Peace Gabe, for the time is near at hand ...the day of redemption is drawing near" "prepare your heart and prepare your family and warn all those who will listen to prepare...for My coming is even at the door"

It wasn't too many days after ...that Gabe went to fetch the mail ...and tears again flowed down his cheeks as a fellow friend from his platoon had responded to a letter he had recently sent ...a letter begging him to hear that Jesus was coming soon

Dear Gabe, I heard your heart in what you shared and did just what you said to do..I got on my knees and invited Jesus Christ into my heart....and now I too am ready....thanks buddy"

clasping that letter as if it were a winning powerball ticket....Gabe hurried towards the house anxious to share it with his wife...when suddenly a loud shout pierced the sky...."COME UP HERE" Gabe took off ...HE WAS READY

SoundingtheAlarm
September 11th, 2009, 06:26 PM
IN HONOR OF 09/11

The Elevator stopping at Betsy's floor...as the doors opened and she made her way to her cubicle inside the law firm...she paused to look outside to take in another breath taking view of the city.

This was just another typical weekday ...just like anyother EXCEPT Betsy couldn't shake something from her mind.

"Dad" "Dad" "Dad" ....boy I sure hope he's alright she kept thinking. Wondering why he was so heavy on her heart

As her custom...Betsy turned on her monitor and signed in and first things first ..clicked the icon to her christian website to fill her area with music ..next she would open her email and then proceed to pull up all necessary desktop programs she would be needing and last but not least she opened her Bible program and read the verse for the day

2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain. 2 For He says:

“ In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation

Being burdened even more so than ever...Besty felt a tear trickle down her cheek as she quickly lifted up a quick prayer..Heavenly Father ..Please save my dad

bypassing her normal routine ...Betsy clicked her email to open and hit the compose button and began

"Dear Dad" typing a letter that had been years in the making...she poured out her heart and pleaded with everything in her for Her Dad to please hear her heart and ask Jesus to come into his life.....after finishing her closing plea..Betsy resolutely hit send

then pausing for a moment ..Betsy bowed her head again to pray

THEN IN FLASHING INTO HER OFFICE AREA...."BETSY LOOK" "That Plane..IT'S HEADED RIGHT FOR US"

Harold finished his morning coffee and went to sit down at computer...pulling up the daily news he noticed HE ACTUALLY HAD MAIL..."oh my ...it's from Betsy"...taking his glasses and beginning to put them on to read....

But blaring from His Tv ..came this interuption

THIS IS CNN ...BREAKING NEWS....AN AIRLINER HAS JUST CRASHED INTO ONE OF THE TWIN TOWER'S

Harold froze as he watched the horrifying scene unfold ...glued to every word and every camera angle...His heart in his throat...began to breath anxiously..."OH BETSY"...Please God if your out there ...OH PLEASE PROTECT MY BETSY

racing to the wall and picking up the phone...he looked at his old scrabble scratch writing and began to dial her work number ...but there was no answer..just her voice mail "You have reached Betsy at the Law Firm...please leave a detailed message and I will get back to you at my earliest opportunity"

Over and over Harold repeated the process..he would listen to the news and then a deeper panic would set in and frantically he dialed and listened...all he could do was listen

Helplessness and despair ...becoming more and more his companion

Over the next few hours and into the early morning ...as emergency calls overwhelmed the phone lines and frustration was mounting to it's highest ....Harold got the news he'd never ever ever would have wanted to hear. Betsy hadn't made it out!!!!

dropping the phone onto the counter refusing to hang it up...He fell to his knees in the deepest anguish and cried out of all that was in him ...Harold in his late fifties laid prostrate as a little kid ..moving not an inch for what must have been hours as Betsy's whole life flashed across Harold's thoughts. Her first birthday..her first day at kindergarten...seeing her off to prom...to college...her first car, her first date, the day she begged him to come watch her get baptized even though he said he'd never step foot into a church.....hundreds and thousands of thoughts raced in his mind as he just laid there

but then one thought screamed him back to the present...MY EMAIL!!!!!

racing to his feet and back over to where this horrific nightmare had began...he slowly sat back down into his chair and clicked his computer back on....There it was "Hey Dad"

"Dear Dad,

Bet your surprised to hear from me huh?....Sorry things have been so busy and we have been so distant....I've been meaning to drop by ..but after our last visit I've got to confess I have been afraid to. But Dad, just to get to the point ..I was walking to work today and all I could think about was You!!! I know you asked me to not preach at you anymore..BUT DAD ..PLEASE ...I LOVE YOU and I LOVE JESUS and I know you'd love Him too IF YOU would just lay down your pride and listen to what He's done for You

Not only did God create you Dad..He created me through you..He gave us both life and gave us each other....

I know you said you'd never step foot in a church and that's NOT what I'm asking...all I'm asking for you to give me a chance to share with you what Jesus is all about and How He has changed my life.

continuing to pour out her heart and pleading with her dad...every ounce of Betsy's heart and emotions came through the letter begging her dad to stop and think and give His life to Jesus

Please Dad, Let's get together real soon and talk ..Please Dad?

Love ya Betsy

to be continued

SoundingtheAlarm
September 12th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Harold sat staring at the monitor ...his initial reaction was that of a familiar reflex ..."SHUT UP" ..all his life..he could shut out THIS message...stop it at it's tracks..."don't you preach that crap to me" "don't believe ..don't need it...don't want it..just get out of my face"

but here, now..today..he sits reading the very last will and testament of his very own flesh and blood. His daughter's final words come SCREAMING at him at a moment and time that every part of him wants to leash out and pounce on the very ONE his most precious daughter was proclaiming

Harold took the key pad to his computer and violently pulled it from it's place and proceeded to throw it as hard as he could against the nearest wall.....NO GOD...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY? HOW COULD YOU? ..FORGET YOU!!!!!

Harold began to pace hurredly back and forth..his mind racing faster than his steps...the noise of this world racing louder and louder in his mind...."THIS IS CNN ..JUST MOMENTS AGO AN AIRLINER CRASHED INTO THE TWIN TOWERS"... "NO" "NO" "NO"

falling to his knees ....clutching his chest...his heart racing....Harold screams out without hindrance.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SoundingtheAlarm
September 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Harold had spent the next night in deepest anguish. His eyes swollen from tears, his voice raw from the deeps wails ...outside distant sirens rang constant reminder's that this was not a nightmare...this was his reality. New York City was in mourning, the Nation was in mourning and most parts of the world too, but inside this small apartment, seemingly left all alone..a man is haunted by his own daughter's seemingly ghostly letter. A cry from the grave spelled out in no uncertain terms a harsh and crushing blow of ideology...begging Harold to ask this question ....Where is my daughter now?

Just two days ago, he would be confident if asked..."my daughter lives by the park , ya know the one down by the station?" "or she's assuredly at the gym doing her bike class" "or she's at work at such and such law firm" ...but where is she now?

reading and re-reading her letter..."Dad, I know I'm saved..I know that Jesus died for me and know that someday I'll spend eternity with Him" "but it will crush me if your not there" "Please Dad, please give your life to Jesus"

Harold opened and closed the letter nervously over and over and over as if trying to silence those words, BUT could she really be? with JESUS?

It had been a long long time but Harold responding to that thought...got down on his knees....every part of his being shaking as he knelt.

Dear God, I haven't talked to you in years and there's a big part of me that doesn't want to talk to you right now, (fighting back tears and raw emotion) Harold continued

I want to blame You for all this...I mean I'm a dad and I would have done anything to protect her God, why couldn't You? HUH? Please tell me that God....why couldn't You? or better yet...WHY DIDN'T YOU?

Harold quieted for a second, reminded that His daughter might just be with whom he was talking....

Clutching the letter, he opened his hand and looked up as if acknowledging how profoundly it was speaking

God, is she right? is she ok? Is she with you? Please ...I have to know...I just gotta know

Harold sat there waiting for a response but none was given, a numbness swept over him, struggling back up onto his feet then crashing down on to his sofa, He hit the power button on his tv, flipping through the channels ...every stop a constant reminder

but one such channel caused him to pause.."Pastor what would you say to those who are trying to cope?" The Pastor with great compassion looked into the camera and spoke "To those who lost loved ones who loved Jesus, I have goodnews...Jesus said

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also!!!

Instantly upon Hearing those words...Harold fell face down and wept aloud and cried out..."JESUS, Please Have Mercy upon Me" "Please save Me, Please come into my life and heal my heart".....flooded with emotion once again..Harold poured out his heart, but this time he wasn't left empty....as Jesus heard his cry and responded in Spirit, embracing this desperate man ...filling his mind and his emotions with thoughts of hope, joy and healing. He would see his daughter again, this life had new meaning and his heart though broken from loss was softened with love....and if Jesus was to shout today...."Come Up Here" Harold too would "be ready"

SoundingtheAlarm
September 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Priscilla Wright (Possum Hollow) stands by her stove stirring gravy..tears streaming down her face "Lord, what more can I do ...how many prayers must I pray?"

Just moments earlier she had made another one of her desperate attempts ..."Dan honey you know were having revival services tonight right?" "yea so?" he gruffly replied.."well honey we have a great speaker who's sharing on Israel and how that relates to Jesus soon return" "ya don't say?" "why I haven't heard that before" "say son ya want to go to church with ma?" Dan mockingly ask their fifteen year old son "whatever you decide dad..I'm with you" Dan turns back to his wife "honey why oh why do you get so worked up everytime a preacher comes to town talking about Jesus coming back..it's the same message that preacher's have preached for 2000 years and He hasn't come back yet and Hon I got news for you ..he's not coming back in our lifetime" "Now Dan Wright..you listen and listen good....Jesus IS coming back soon and you ask why I get so worked up?" She begins to sob "SEE PRISCILLA THERE YA GO!" "I got better things to do than get caught up in stuff that makes you act like that!" "But DAN ...the reason I am so worked up is because Jesus IS coming back soon and only for those who have made Him their Lord and Savior and everyone else will be left to face 7 years of the most horrific times this world has ever saw!" "Oh so this loving God ..."he is a loving God right?" she nods "this loving God is only going to take some but leave others? like your son? you mean to tell me you don't think you have a good son? Dan None of us are good enough to stand up to God's Holy Law..that is why Jesus died on the cross and all those who call upon Him are saved from God's coming wrath...can't you see...can't you understand that?" "Honey..I understand alright...me and God are closer than you think..besides You have enough of Jesus for the whole family in my book....now you just go on and fix up dinner and then you go right ahead and have yourself a grand ole time at your revival..me and Daryl will stay home and let you pray for us"

Priscilla had stormed off...tears continuing to stream down as she works on their dinner. "Lord even if they are left behind...please Lord...help them to see ..help them to hear and understand..please save Dan and Daryl ...no matter what it takes I pray again in Jesus Name Amen"

Priscilla had left that night for those services....little did Dan know how relevant that conversation had been...it would be his last opportunity to escape The Tribulation to come.

But as sad as Priscilla had been ...all those tears ..all those prayers..that heavy heavy burden.....she had been carrying...she was deep in prayer on her knees worshipping the Lord (she is ready).."Oh Lord your beautiful....your face is all I seek...for when your eyes are on this child" ......................then as Lightning flashes across the sky ..the Son of God responding to His Father's command ...stands up from His Throne and shouts a shout for the Ages..."COME UP HERE!" in that moment ..in the twinklin of an eye..Priscilla Wright born near a small little town near Possum Hollow who had grown up on the family farm...raised on a wooden pew at New Home Baptist Church...sunday school, vacation bible school...all her devotionals..her bible she had scribbled in over the years...the aches and hurts..the lifelong scars...all bundled up into the life of the woman of God...but NOW she travels through time ascending through the most glorious night....she has been raptured....tears running down her cheek..bows before the Alpha and Omega..the Lion of the Tribe of Judah..the One who was the fourth man in the fire..the Word become Flesh...the King of all Kings and the Lord of All Lords...calls out her name...takes her hands..stands her to her feet and dries the tears from her eyes "Priscilla my daughter..my faithful daughter...well done and welcome home"

SoundingtheAlarm
October 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
"HOLY, HOLY, HOLY IS THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND IS AND IS TO COME....."HOLY, HOLY, HOLY"

The Angelic Host continue their service around The Father's Majestic Throne..all the while sitting at His right hand is The Son of the Most High...Both are earnestly overlooking all of creation with a earnest intensity ...a sweet aroma fills the air...an incense of "prayers" continues to ascend

Both the Father and the Son's eyes filled with such love and compassion are turned ever so attently to the hearts of those who are crying out. "Jesus save me"..."Jesus come Quickly"

Jesus ever interceding glances knowingly to The Father..."these are mine which You have given me Father"

A holy hush transcends the celestial chorus as God the Father stands ....a great cloud of witnesses bows in awe...joining along...24 Elders take to their knees awaiting a decree

Looking to His right hand ...God the Father says "Son, It's Time!" Jesus face lights up with a smile for the ages....as the Father continues "Son, go get my children" Stepping off His throne..Jesus calls for Gabriel...."Got your Trumpet?"

Jesus steps forward ....His Glory Illuminating brighter than the Sun....giving his approving nod...The Angel places the Horn to his lips .....A ROAR of Praise is lifted up in Chorus ...THEN THE BLAST FOR ALL THE AGES GOES FORTH......FOLLOWED BY A SHOUT

"COME UP HERE"

ARE YOU READY?

Cherished
October 1st, 2009, 11:52 AM
"HOLY, HOLY, HOLY IS THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND IS AND IS TO COME....."HOLY, HOLY, HOLY"

The Angelic Host continue their service around The Father's Majestic Throne..all the while sitting at His right hand is The Son of the Most High...Both are earnestly overlooking all of creation with a feverish intensity ...a sweet aroma fills the air...an incense of "prayers" continues to ascend

Both the Father and the Son's eyes filled with such love and compassion are turned ever so attently to the hearts of those who are crying out. "Jesus save me"..."Jesus come Quickly"

Jesus ever interceding glances knowingly to The Father..."these are mine which You have given me Father"

A holy hush transcends the celestial chorus as God the Father stands ....a great cloud of witnesses bows in awe...joining along...24 Elders take to their knees awaiting a decree

Looking to His right hand ...God the Father says "Son, It's Time!" Jesus face lights up with a smile for the ages....as the Father continues "Son, go get my children" Stepping off His throne..Jesus calls for Gabriel...."Got your Trumpet?"

Jesus steps forward ....His Glory Illuminating brighter than the Sun....giving his approving nod...The Angel places the Horn to his lips .....A ROAR of Praise is lifted up in Chorus ...THEN THE BLAST FOR ALL THE AGES GOES FORTH......FOLLOWED BY A SHOUT

"COME UP HERE"

ARE YOU READY?

:crying I am ready. I pray for those who are not.