PDA

View Full Version : THEY WERE READY (The Prelude)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

SoundingtheAlarm
June 3rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
"ahhhhhhh" big stretch and yawn...Harold sat up ....clean shaven and feeling so refreshed from sleeping in such a comfortable bed....He jumped up and out of bed and ran to take another shower..."wow ...two shower's in two days" "this is The Life" "I could get use to this" but no sooner had those thoughts come, than Harold's pessimistic side kicked in.."who am I kidding...this aint real, this aint for me...this aint mine" depression beginning to settle in once again

walking out of the shower and over to his old shaggy and tattered clothes...Harold realized he was about to put back on his same ole clothes

"KNOCK KNOCK" .."HAROLD YOU AWAKE?" Jack, walking into the house....Holding in his hand a cup of coffee ...and carrying a duffel bag.....smiling ear to ear...startling Harold back to his new reality

"Goodmorning!!! did you sleep well? hope the bed was comfortable, ..hey I brought you some coffee and HERE...hope these fit...I had some clothes that didn't quite fit me that thought might fit you better" "Last years Christmas gift but hey they must think I'm skinnier than I am" "Hide it well I guess"

Harold just sat there stunned...opening the duffel bag to see NEW CLOTHES...something he hadn't worn since God only knows when..."well uhhh yeah ..these should work just fine...if you don't mind I'll step in there and put em on" "oh yes ..by all means please do"

Harold stepped into the bathroom and into the new clothes...taking a look into the mirror....Harold felt a tear on his weathered cheek..."How long?" He tried to remember..."how long since anyone had given him the time of day or taken any kind of notice" feeling so humbled and unworthy but all the while so thankful

stepped out of the bathroom...sheepishly, "well hey ..what can I say but "thanks" "clean up pretty good though I must say that" even allowing himself a chuckle to which Jack responded.."well that's just a start....I've got more clothes that don't fit but it appears they might be "just your size"

"but say, you must be starving...and I need to get to the restaurant and make sure the morning gets off to a good start for the ladies....how does another "champions breakfast sound?"

"you keep feeding me those, and these clothes might not be my size for too long..but HECK YEAH...how do I say no to that?"

getting into Jack's vehicle, Harold noticed right away the Bible sitting in the tray...a cross hanging from the mirror and a sticky note..."For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord" "to give you a hope and a future"

Jack getting sitting into his seat.....and closing the door..."you sure must be religious?" Harold found himself to say

"I've never taken to religion...didn't reckon it could do me much good" "Your right...it wouldn't do you any good" Harold's eyes grew wide..."why NOT ME?" "Well Religion does NOBODY any good" "but you obviously put it into practice" "you got a bible and you do good deeds"

Jack turned to Harold and looked him straight into the eye...with great compassion......It's NOT RELIGION Harold....."its JESUS!!!" "It's Him that makes me want to do good things and it's Him that I seek...to Know Him....to actually get to Know Him....

Look out there Harold... what do you see?......You see the morning sun, the dew, the grass, the trees, the birds..you hear em? The ONE who made all that ...the very one who woke you up this morning and gave you another day....desires that You and I would seek to KNOW HIM...isn't that amazing? And You will want to KNOW HIM ..when You realize all that He's done for YOU!"

"but say, let's get going....breakfast is calling".....

Jack turned the ignition and started down the road....Harold looked out and around him as he drove...Jack's words..reverberating in his mind..."the very one who woke you up this morning and gave you another day ...desires that You and I would seek to Know Him"

to be continued

nanny
June 3rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
I just read the last post. THAT WAS REALLY GOOD! I'm looking foward now to reading the rest later.
:wave

SoundingtheAlarm
June 7th, 2010, 11:21 AM
"Holy Moly this is awesome" Harold thought to himself as he bit into the sausage.....the biscuits and gravy were better too...eggs, and bacon...this was truly over the top AGAIN

diving in full bore, Harold ate his stomach content...but over in the distant corner.....he saw Jack and all his crew huddled in a circle and they were all holding hands and there heads were bowed

"Heavenly Father, we ask that each and every person that would step foot into this place today would sense your presence and know that this place was different...we pray Lord that this would be a place of refuge as we have prayed so many times before... we are believing that this truly is a "table in the wilderness"

In Jesus Name AMEN

the circle broke and the ladies and cook's scattered....but they did so with purpose...and in no short order.....Harold saw Jack heading his way

"well? how's it tasting today?" ......Harold again shook his head ..in nodded approval

"GREAT" .."it taste great"

Harold sat in the booth, his stomach full, his heart warming...he watched as he noticed one of the waitresses take a hearty breakfast to what appeared to be a single mom and her three young kids

straining to hear her words...."this breakfast is compliments of the owner...he has said that you are his "very special guest of the day".....Harold could see the emotion in the mother's face..."thank you thank you" she was saying to the waitress and then Jack walked up alongside the waitress..."mam, just want you to know...The King of all Kings has instructed us to take good care of you today" "Is there anything else we can do or help with?"

The mother began to sob...."I had just prayed ..."God if You are REAL ..please show me" Jack kneeled down to her side and motioned for a couple of other waitresses to come over

"Mam, if you don't mind...I'd like to take this time and not only tell you that YES He is REAL ... I'd also sure like to introduce you to Him.....

"And Just wait to hear what all He's done for you!" Harold sat in the distance and watched and listened as Jack told this precious young mother "Before you were even formed in your mother's womb...God Himself had spoken of You...You are His crafty work and you have been fearfully and wonderfully made...and for Years ..The Lord has given you day after day as a gift ...HOPING You would ask "who made me? and who put me here?...There have been many who claimed to be the One who did, but there was ONE in particular who came to this earth, born of a virgin...lived a sinless life, performed many many miracles and announced that You will Put Me to death BUT in three days time I will be Alive Again...and who ever calls upon ME shall Never Die...for I am the Resurrection and the Life and they that believe upon me though they were dead YET shall they Live"

Jack continued on with his plea and then asked permission to Help invite Jesus into Her life

The mother knodded her approval...and Jack and the waitresses formed another circle with the mom.... and as Jack closed his eyes.....to begin to pray ...he felt a tap on his shoulder.....It was Harold's hand...."Jack...can I invite Him too??? ....Jack could not contain his emotion and began to sob..."His tears answering Harold's question....MOST CERTAINLY.....Emboldened Jack decided to go for broke and invited all of his customer's "Please, if I may...this is a most glorious day....A DAY LIKE NO OTHER....You all are invited to Join us as we Call Upon The Saviour...Your Creator...Jesus Christ....If you too want to Know for Certain that when your time ends upon this Earth that You can and will Have Eternal Life...Please come join this Circle"

Jack throug obedience ...witnessed The Glory of God as he was allowed to see God's Spirit move in Him and through Him to touch His world and those around Him....

That night...back at the Old Farm House...."Harold got on his knees and began to "thank Jesus for All that He had done for Him and for bringing him to this town"

Across town, a single mother of three tucked in her young children..."Mommy, since we all asked Jesus into our Heart that means we are going to be family forever?" "Yes Honey...that's what the nice man said...remember? "He said whoever believes in Jesus ..they and there whole household shall be saved for EVER" ..."sooo yes we are going to be family forever" "that's awesome mommy" ...

no sooner than she had pulled the cover's...A LOUD TRUMPET SOUNDED ...FOLLOWED BY A SHOUT

"COME UP HERE"

Into the Celestial Night...Jack, Harold and the single mom's children joined millions of believer's worldwide as they ascended ......to their glorious destiny

Jack found himself face down ...CRYING HIS HEART OUT....The Glorious Presence of God encompassing them all....

Jesus came and lifted up Jack and brought Him to the Father...."Here He is Father....WELL DONE MY CHILD..."I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink...I was Homeless and you gave me a bed....

Jack broke once again and began to Cry..."when Lord, when did I give you a drink...when did I feed you....

as He stood there shaking and trembling....He felt a tap on his shoulder....It was Harold....."May I?"

He gave Jack a huge hug and they both wept WITH GREAT JOY.....They Had Made it......THEY WERE READY!!!!!!

SoundingtheAlarm
July 13th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Michael sat quietly on the hood of his truck, looking out over the lake shore...tears of hurt and anger streaming down his face

"forget you dad, forget you"...jumping off his truck and down to the ground, he leaned over and picked up a nearby rock and tossed it out into the water

slowly pacing back an forth, his steps equaling struggling to keep up with his racing thoughts...

"why? why wasn't I good enough, why didn't you ever just love your son?" walking back to the truck ...he opens up the door and pushes up the seat and reaches for his trusty bottle and begins to try and drown out the pain

wiping the Crown and Royal from his lips...he again goes and hop's back onto the hood of his truck and stares at the water and the setting sun

His mind replaying HAUNTING memories....

5 years old.....SMACK ..."I told you Michael to stay there in your seat"

age 8 "no dangit Michael, your my son and you aren't going to be a sissy...now toughen up...SMACK"

age 10 Michael sits and watches out the door as his dad, now living away from home due to his parent's recent divorce...has promised to come and take him fishing

"I'll be there first thing, you tell your mom to wake you up at 7am ok?" "ok dad" "rise and shine" his mom had woke him up

7am he sit's looking out the door, 8am ..9am ..his shoulder's droop..10am ....11am..he still watches but to no avail

age 11, age 12, age 13 ..age 14 ....he watches....the few times his dad does show, the alcohol mixed with his temper ..illicit memories of horror and pain

It's been 20 + years...when the call came "Michael, this is a friend of your dad's ..he was in an accident and has passed away"

There were no tears, or shouts of anguish when Michael heard those words, rather a numbness enveloped him as he went through the motions of dealing with the news

The Visitation and Funeral surreal as people who knew his dad alot better than he talked.."boy he sure could put the cold one's down, best pool shooter I ever saw in a bar" "never met a drink that he didn't like" "was an honery cuss" "sure liked your dad son...was a good man" "boy your the spittin image...never heard him say a bad word about you ...you were his pride and joy"

That time came as a fog and left as one too...Michael processed it the best he could ...the Loss he thought he had mourned years ago....was SHOUTING really LOUD now..

"I NEVER HAD A DAD!!!" He would scream in the night...but his shout couldn't quiet the pain

His mom had always done the best she could, she raised him on a pew in a small town church...sunday morning ..sunday school and church...sunday night, choir practice night ...and wednesday night too...He was raised to know JESUS was and is the Son of God and knew Him as Lord

but NEVER EVER had He let Jesus introduce Him to THE FATHER...."no way" "Not Him" I'm scared of anybody named Father"

HE's liable to beat me or shake me or abandon me at anytime..."I'll just trust Jesus that you'll put in a good word with "The Father" ...., if that's ok with you?" had been his lifelong stance

so now after all the hurt and fear and anxiety and brokeness....Michael sits on the hood of his truck...

Whiskey on his breath and the weight of the world on his heart.....

staring again into the setting sun, looking over the water...deep into his heart and soul ...he hear's these word's

Michael...It's Me.. "what..who...who are you?" "It's me ..Your Heavenly Father...the One who made that setting sun and the water you see....and I made You Michael...I can remember the exact moment and time and I spoke great things over you and though you don't see it yet, those great things are coming to You Michael"

Michael jumped again off his truck and flung the bottle into the ground "shaking his head and screaming.....SHUT UP..PLEASE SHUT UP" "No Michael, I can't ....I won't ever leave you...I won't ever forsake You...I bought and paid for You before you were even born" "but where were you when this happend or when that happened?" "I was there Michael, I was there crying and hurting right along with you..but I could see what you could not" "WHAT WAS THAT??" "your future Michael...You can't see YET what I have prepared for You...I chose you..You didn't chose Me...but soon Michael, I will dry every tear and take away all the Hurt...I have loved You with an everlasting Love....and willl NEVER let You Go"

I saw every SMACK and I saw every time you felt alone...I heard every cry and I NEVER left Your side...remember that night You were thinking of driving off that curve? that was my voice that reminded you of your mom's prayer's...REMEMBER???"

Michael began to sob and fell to His Knees..."You Mean YOU LOVE ME...You don't hate me or want to send me to HELL?" "I'm sitting here drinking and Yet Your talking to me??" "Michael ..before You were even born I had sent MY SON to take all your sins and that night at that revival in the winter of 85 I heard You ...I heard You Michael confess Your faith in My Son, and the Minute You did, You became my son too!!!"

"but ..what about all the stuff I've done since that night? I've failed you....I deserve to be smacked...well maybe so Michael but that's Why Jesus did what He did...He took Your Place...We love you that much!!!"

"but now listen ...I told You I had some good stuff ahead for you, You want to hear?" "No eye has seen and No ear has heard..but let me tell you about a place I and My Son have been working on.....well telll ya what"

for a moment there was Silence.......

the star's had filled the night's sky and Michael sat there shaking and sobbing

then as His eyes were fixed on the stars

He Heard this LOUD SHOUT......."MICHAEL....COME UP HERE"

SoundingtheAlarm
August 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
"you're no good, you've blown it way too many times, you remember when you did this? or remember when you did that?....you are of no use to your God...IN FACT you are an embarrassment...you'd be better served to just go and hide...and not tell a soul"

Stan sat on his bed.....lying beside his wife as she slept...but Stan could not sleep for he was having to listen to his accuser's prodding thoughts

"he's right God....I've sinned way too much and done way too many things to bring you shame"

The Gifts and Calling THOUGH tugged at Stan's heart....Like Fire shut up in his bones

He lie there in bed, trying to sleep..tossing and turning....it was no use

so rising out of bed and kissing his wife on the cheek...Stan took the weight of accusation and calling of His Father into the living room

compulsion driving him to knees beside the sofa

"Lord, I'm so torn.....I hear You calling but feel so unworthy, so tarnished, so broken..so ashamed. You know all of my faults and failings and every sin that's on my life resume....how could you ever use me?"

Stan cried out in his shame, his PAST sins haunting and tormenting and paralyzing him from his Purpose

but yet he continued in prayer...wrestling ..fighting..."God, Your Presence ...Your Conviction overwhelms me...I still feel the need to GO....to warn ...to plead.....WHY?" "why is that so heavy on me all the time... while I know a million reasons why I'm not worthy"

the weight, the burden, the anguish overwhelmed Stan....he fell on his face and wept through the night

but as dawn broke....words failed him.....he had cried all he could cry, he had confessed all he could confess....

he sat there.....silent

THEN....

He heard these words....."I have called You unto Myself....You did not choose Me, but rather I chose you...that You should go and bear much fruit" "Your Life resume is unfinished, ...I'm not through with You Yet....Your Latter days will be greater than your former....Your sins are forgiven...and have been tossed as far as the East is from the West" "Wallow NO MORE in SELF Pity, but lay down Your life, that means ...all your successes as well as all your failures...Lay it down HERE...Lay it down NOW...when You get up from this place....Go NOT in Your own strength...But I will Go through You"

"where God, where do I go, what do you want me to do?" "I want to Call My People to me..in Prayer"

"I want you to start a prayer meeting...I want my people to begin seek my face and my heart.....Not just what's in my hand"....."If they seek ME ...IF they seek My Heart....then in Prayer..they will be driven into more prayer...because My Heart...will be poured out upon there Hearts....and they won't be able to shake the heaviness of this hour...I don't want shouts of joy....I want wails of anguish...can't they see..their friends, their co-worker's.....their brother's and sister's are lost and headed for destruction?....Learn of Me....SEEK ME....not a feeling, not a good service...SEEK ME"

In the other room....Stan's wife's alarm was going off.....a loud yawn came from the room....shaken by the absence of her husband..she scurried into the front room

"HONEY, You ok?".......Stan looked back his wife...."Never better Honey..NEVER.....I sought the Lord last night...Like I've never sought Him before....and He answered Me....and I know what he wan'ts me to do"

to be continued

SoundingtheAlarm
August 3rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Sitting down next to her husband....Stan's wife had to know..."what Honey? what does the Lord want you to do?"

Stan couldn't contain his emotions...tears fell, he almost choked on his mouth full of toast...."he wants me to start a prayer meeting"

"that's It???" ..."just a prayer meeting?"

'Yep, that's what I heard in my spirit"....

..."soooooooooo, uhhhh..how, what, when or where are you planning to go about that Stan?" "I mean you going to stand before the church and tell everyone or what?"

Stan ...paused at his wife's question...."No ..No I don't think so...I'm just going to ask one other person to join me for starter's"

"Who you have in mind?" ...."Well honey of course You and I can pray....but I think God has placed this calling on someone else as well....I'm just going to pray about it some more today and trust that God will order my steps with it ya know?"

"sounds like a plan" ..."well I've gotta get to work." Stan's wife, leaned over and gave him a quick kiss and hug "love ya" "love ya too"

Stan sat there over his half eaten toast...."who else Lord?"

that night, at one of his son's baseball games....Stan stood by the left field fence ...zoning out...he was really tired....He didn't sleep last night...

When one of his close friends walked up and patted his shoulder.."Hey Stan"..."You look like your in deep thought"...."well HEY Scott, how are you?...and no, just kinda trying to stay awake" ...."I know what you mean" "I didn't get much sleep last night".....Stan looked at Scott and asked inquisitively .."NO?" "nope, couldn't sleep, felt like God was really dealing with me" "about?"..."well, I don't know if I can express it but I just have this burden....I want to see Him Move...and I know it starts in my own life"

Stan's heart began to race...."You don't say"..."well let me tell you ...last night I had a long night with God and"

Stand poured out his heart to Scott.....

"YES, YES...that's exactly what's been on my heart too!!!!" ...."well what can we do?....how do you think God wants us to do this??"

"well God's Word says If just two people gather in His Name" "I believe He wants to start in us....just praying" "I mean it's His calling and His vision...we are only responding to what He wants to do right?" "RIGHT"

"well say, how bout we start tomorrow night,...I've got a key to the church and we can just meet there and PRAY"....."AWESOME SCOTT...that's AWESOME....I can't wait to see what God's going to do!!!"...."ME EITHER STAN...ME EITHER" they each slapped each other's shoulder and joy filled their faces...they were on a mission

that night ...both slept like babies....work crept by...they were both sooooo excited to begin their Pursuit of the Heart of God....

Little did they know what was to come

TO BE CONTINUED

SoundingtheAlarm
August 4th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Stan and Scott arrived at the Church earlier than 7pm.....too excited to begin their mission

"hey I brought a cd that I burned off I-tunes" Scott piped up...Stan laughed,..."I did the same"

they walked into the sanctuary and ...almost nervously.....anticipation and expectation's were high ..but for what??

Scott, turned on the lights and then placed in his version of music.... turning it on softly... they then walked down towards the altars

Scott asked ..."how should we start? where do we start?"......Stan paused and reflected upon God's words to Him....."He wants us to JUST SEEK HIM"....."sooooo let's just invite Him to help us and let's just do that"

Stan bowed his bead and began..."Heavenly Father, we are so thankful for this opportunity to come together and seek You....I thank you for my brother Scott and the heart he has to want to join in and pursue Your Heart and Your desire for the hearts of man to be turned to You,.....Lord...we believe You have called us to this time...we ask for Your wisdom, your favor and Your Help" "Let Your Kingdom Come and Your Will be done...as we seek You" "Thank You for Your Son Jesus and His blood that was shared, that gives us free access to You and Your Presence...that we may boldly come before You to seek You and to Find You"

Scott chimed in "Yes Father, I too thank You for this time and calling....I thank You for Stan and His Heart that's so passionate for You...Help Us Lord ...Move, Reveal and Make Yourself at home in our lives ...and Shake everything You desire to shake in our Area"

Right from the start...there was a wind at their backs as they dug in and spent that evening in prayer.....

there was confession....

Scott in praying had felt let to stop and share with Stan...."I'm ashamed to say this, but man I need to confess this and get it off my chest...I've struggled at work ..during idle time...I've searched stuff on my computer...I know it's hurt my relationship with God.....I just want to tell you for accountability...I don't want nothing to hinder our pursuit"

Stan encouraged Scott, ...."well hey bro, God's Word says IF we confess our sins one to another...we are made whole...and Jesus cleanses from all our unrighteousness" ..."press on bro, press on"

and press on they did....it was a glorious night

"man I needed this" "me too"..."hey, let's meet again thursday night?"....."my son's got a ball game, can we make it 8pm?" "sure" ..."sounds like a plan"

Thursday night...there cry became more urgent...."Lord, Your everything we need, Your Our beginning ..and Our end, You desire truth in the inward parts...Please be real in us...Help us to find You...we can do nothing without You....we Need You....reveal Yourself to Us"

the more they sought Him, the more He put on their hearts HIS heart and would begin to show them lives very near to them that were hurting and needing God's Touch

"Lord, please help the Jones's...their under great stress....please move and draw them to You" "Father, I feel a burden for my co-worker Larry...he's a great friend...I fear for Him...please speak to his heart Lord"

"Move upon our Pastor, grant Him a time of refreshing....Put your seasoned Words upon Him"

The heavier the burden they'd feel for someone other than themselves...The deeper their Cry to Seek God Himself became...BECAUSE they knew He was the ANSWER to their CRY

This night's prayer time...left them with a heaviness, a sober reality of NEEDING to see God Move

"when's good for you?" Stan asked..."well how bout Saturday night?" ...."let me check with my wife...but I'm sure I can make it work" ....

both wives were on board...they could see God's work in their husbands hearts

so saturday night...6pm....they met again

Inside the sanctuary...the worship ascended and this night...The Holy Spirit ..propelled them onto their faces....crying out for God to show up in their lives and the lives of those around them

Pulling into the church parking lot, Pastor Wayne....noticed two cars were their ''hmmm, must be special music practice" he thought...he was on his way to his office to fetch his sermon notes to study for tomorrow's message

He opened the doors and was walking by the sanctuary and heard voices from inside...he paused ...something hit him..almost carried him ..inside and down to the altar...he saw the two men praying...laying prostrate before God....

he was compelled into the same place ...his heart raced...He began to cry .."Lord what is going on?" "what is this?" .....

Pastor Wayne and the two men cried out to God

as their prayer's began to wind down...Stan and Scott got up from their place of prayer and wiped their tear stained faces....

Pastor had to ask..."what's up?...what are you two doing" Stan bowed his head and then slowly looked back up at the Pastor...

"were just obeying His call" "we believe He's calling us to Pray ...nothing more...nothing less"

Pastor Wayne ...COULD NOT SLEEP.....He was stirred...but to what? to Preach with a new furor...a new passion

the next morning....the praise n worship unusually somber....there seemed a heaviness in the room

Stan and Scott felt it too.....it wasn't what they had hoped after their recent times in prayer....

But God was moving ...they just couldn't see it YET

Pastor Wayne....took to the pulpit....put down his Bible...

then looked out upon the congregation....."I had prepared a sermon for this morning service, but I believe God has something else in mind"

"Last night I came to Church to get something from my office and discovered two men were in here praying....so I asked them why.....and they answered"

"were just obeying His call" "we believe He's calling us to Pray"

"As Your Pastor, I'm humbled to admit..I don't know alot ...but I know that it's God that calls man to Prayer.....and I'm not going to get in the way of that"...."so if you don't mind.....I think we should just all ...if physically able...get out from our seats and either come to these altars or make an altar right at your seat"

"Stan, if you don't mind, before we do, I'd like you to come here and share what God's laid on your heart"

Stan's wife, patting him on his hand with encouragement ....as He stood up and walked to the pulpit

"Our God is a jealous God,....and He's longing for our undivided attention....I believe He's calling us to seek Him maybe unlike anyother time we've sought Him before.....HIM...not his Hand, not his blessing BUT HIS PERSON....His Heart ....Just seek Him"

Pastor Prodded..."Stan, can you lead us? Can you maybe get the people started?" Stan humbled, but sensing the urgency of this moment

looked around then bowed his head

"Heavenly Father, we dedicate this sunday morning service to You....we've come today ..not to hear about you, or to sing about you, BUT TO SEEK YOU!!! You've called us to seek Your Heart ...to seek Your Face, while their is still time, while You may still be found...."HELP US FATHER as we surrender this time to do just that"

and from there.....Stan went and took his place next to his wife and kids as they created their altar and cried out to God

all across the auditorium...people slowly followed suit...it was a glorious beginning to something that God was doing....God's people were praying

to be continued

SoundingtheAlarm
August 10th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Stan and Scott were so stirred by what they saw at Siunday Morning Service...their faith was growing...

"Tuesday night, 7pm?" "You Know it!!!" they pulled into the church parking lot ...walked into the foyer, turned on the lights and put in a worship cd....

"hey Guys," Pastor Wayne had arrived AGAIN........ Scott smiled at Stan...."Yep, God's doing something"....from out in the hall, the front doors were swinging open...other's had caught fire...they too had come to "seek God's Face" 7 people in all but hey ...it started with two

over the next couple of weeks...the prayer meeting grew to over 50 people a night .....it was a sight to see

deacon's, elders, sunday school teacher's ...were seeking God's Face in one accord, asking for a move of God to break out in their community....the people were working and striving believing they were trying to get God to move

but in reality, God had been working on His people to get them to seek His Face

over in one isle a high school teenage girl cried, "Father, I sooo want to be more bold at school, there's friends I know don't know you ...please help me to share your goodnews somehow"

a construction worker across the way, "Father, I pray for my boss, you see the fear and anxiety that's weighing on him...help him to cry out to You for Help"

Pastor Wayne ..lying face down..."Lord, you hear the cries of your people, I feel so inadequate....please don't let me fail you with whatever it is you are doing?"

A faithful mom of three cries out...."Lord ...save my marriage...save our home...please move upon my husband and save him Lord for Your Glory ...and so my kids can see Your love and compassion through their father in Jesus Name"

Stan and Scott ...were crying fervently ...."Lord, arise in this hour, move in this city, move in the lives of those around us"

HE WAS .....

The Highschool Girl, sat down to lunch with the very girls she had been praying for.....they were laughing and cutting up....when suddenly, overcome with the reality of eternity...she began to plead her case..BOLDLY..."I'm sorry but I call you my friends...and soooo I've just got to share this with you"

"you walk into your bedroom and someone has put a brand new bed, new paint, a jewelry box and all new clothes in your closet.....would you not ask who did all that?" "Well each morning, before You wake Up....there's a new day created...the Sun comes up...birds are singing ...all of creation shouts to you....don't you have to ask ...who put this here?" "2000 years ago Jesus came testifying ..I AM THE ONE who put this here....He told us that He would prove it by rising from the dead...they hung him up on a cross and 3 days later HE DID RISE and HE did Prove He that He is the one who put this all here...I so want you to Meet Him"

she shared with all her might and passion.......

The contruction worker....walking past his boss's truck...saw him inside ....his head hanging low...he was talking on his cell, ringing his hands across his face....

getting out of the truck and slamming the door shut, he cursed the news he had just received....turning to see his employee staring..."what?..what are you looking at, shouldn't you be working?"

"looks like you got some bad news, was wondering if you'd like to hear some good news?" ....his boss stood silently ..defiantly....but the weight of all the world was crashing down....it was too heavy, he buckled ...."yeah, Yeah I would"

"I'm picking you up sunday morning boss...your coming with me" "OK....will do"

Saturday night...over a hundred people gathered for prayer...URGENCY filled their souls....."Lord Revive Your People, Awake this city to their need of You".....tears stained the altar's......

Sunday morning...the sanctuary was the fullest it had ever been.....Pastor Wayne felt nerves he hadn't felt in years...."why am I so nervous Father?"

looking out across the sanctuary ....high schooler's had filled several rows...."wow".....

the construction worker's boss, sat fidgety, ...he had brought his wife and kids too....

Pastor Wayne took to the pulpit ...."I look out and see many new faces today....and I know each face represents ...many cares ...many burdens....well God the Father has told us we are to cast ALL our cares upon Him......WHY? Because the One who made all the eye can see..the one who owns it all, MADE YOU and He cares for You"

Pastor Wayne Paused......and slowly looked around....THEN ....being Moved with compassion began to break...and PRAYED

"Heavenly Father, I'm overwhelmed....you see all those who are here....HOW ...HOW do I get them to see"......then staring out at the people

He waited for words...but instead...

God was moving out in the crowd

getting out of his seat, the contruction worker's boss.....walked towards the front....."May I say something?" Pastor Wayne welcomed him up and gave him the mic...."It's been along time since I've been in a church......too long" looking over at his employee a tear streaming down his face..."but thanks to my friend...I'm here today...and from the very moment he invited me ...I knew God wanted me ....ME....despite all of my failures and sins and debts...when my friend Invited Me ..I knew it was really GOD inviting me...I've got alots of problems right now...but thank God...it's drawn me back to this place...and all I want to say is...today, I'm giving My Life to Jesus Christ"

A LOUD ROAR rang out....."THANK YOU JESUS"

then from the back of the room....came a big burly man in overalls....he stopped and padded his wife's shoulder as she sat by their three kids....his wife's face fill with surprise and shock

"Pastor, I'd like to take a turn" .....Pastor's eyes welling with tears..."go right ahead"

"I can't believe I'm here this morning...ya see....I was headed to a hayfield....and I had a twelve gauge shotgun and some Jack Daniels....and was ready to end it all"

......I've been a horrible husband.....a horrible dad and felt like I'd be doing them a favor....but as I was driving out to the field.....all I could see was a picture of my wife and kids...it was the strangest thing...but I saw them praying...and I knew they was a praying for me....and so I said "Lord, if your saying that I'm worth praying for...then maybe your saying there's Hope I can change....soooo I turned my ole pick up truck around and here I am......and Honey if you think Jesus can forgive me and you and the kids can forgive me...then that's what I want.... a new start.....

his wife and three kids came running down the aisle hugging their big burly man....Pastor Wayne huddled them up and they invited Jesus to forgive and heal...He already had and was

as Pastor Wayne finished praying he turned and looked out upon the congregation.....the altars were filled....people had broken up in groups and were praying for one another.....

the service lasted til 2pm .....the next night....the sanctuary was full for another prayer meeting...

prayer groups were breaking out at the local schools, business were having bible study at lunch.....in three weeks time....a special service had been called and the whole community met at the football field....

prayer, confession of sin and testimonies were shared....hundreds had given their lives to Jesus.....

at 10pm CST .....Pastor Wayne...called Stan and Scott up to lead in a closing Prayer......

as Stan began to Pray......a LOUD SHOUT CAME FROM ON HIGH........"COME UP HERE"

They Did.....They Were READY!!!!

"the effectual fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much"

...."Let's believe this"

SoundingtheAlarm
September 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
"Ok, well, I love you, I just hope you know that"..."Ok Yea Mom I do, but I just gotta go".."please take care" "good by"........Ellie closed her cell phone, tears streaming down her cheeks....a heavy heavy weight upon her shoulder's

she fell beside the couch, onto her knees...tightly clasped her hands and began to pray

"Heavenly Father,

"he's my son...I have no idea what to say, what to do? are you NOT Listening? ...Is He too far gone? IS there any hope?....she began to wail, there were no words....groaning out of the deepest part of her heart...

Ellie layed face down, sobbing

Kyle, drove furiously down the interstate....LIVID with his mom....."why, why can't she just let me be?"....."it's NOT like she's been the greatest mom, I mean...she goes to Church and all, but she forgets I've seen her struggles, ....SO WHAT'S THE BIG STINKIN DEAL ...I mean...who's she to tell me "to turn to God?"

Kyle exited off the interstate and turned into the convenience store.....walking over to the alcohol section....his anger boiling....He picked up a fifth of his favorite and headed to the counter

but THEN to his great shame....walked in a man who Kyle had held in great esteem, "KYLE, It's great to see YOU!!!" "Man, How are you doing?"......Kyle tried to conceal the bottle behind his back, but realized his futility, ..."well, I've had better days, was just getting ready to head home and watch some sports and chill out?" " but hey, How are you doing Bob?"

still on her face.....Kyle's Mom, Ellie...continued to pour out her heart to God...."Lord, if their be anyway, Please do a quick work...save my son...I'm weery ..and scared Lord, SCARED FOR MY SON"

Jesus sitting at the right hand of the Father....Tears running down his face....looked to The Father....both their faces lighting up with great Joy ...as they watched what they knew before the foundations of the earth was about to take place....Before Kyle had even been born...Jesus Had already paid his Price

Bob, walking alongside Kyle to His car.....began to cry......

KYLE, I've watched you grow up to be the man that you are...and I gotta tell ya Kyle...It hurts, It hurts because I Know YOU KNOW....this isn't What God has intended....."OH YEAH?? THEN WHAT THE HECK DOES HE WANT FROM ME? HUH? YOU AND MOM? YA BOTH TELL ME THE SAME THING....WHAT? WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO?

Bob, prayed under his breath, "Lord speak through me".....

Kyle, "Quit Running and Quit Fighting"....and DO WHAT??? "Humble Yourself, ADMIT that Your miserable, that your lost, that You don't even know what it is your striving and fighting for an surrender Your Life to the One who does....."BUT WHAT IS IT THAT HE WANTS FROM ME?".....He wants YOU Kyle, HE wants Your Heart, Your soul, your UNDIVIDED attention, Because He Loves You, He loves you so much, the bible says that You were fearfully and wonderfully made in His Hands...that He formed You in your mother's womb, and while He was crafting You ...HE was speaking of You and thinkin of You and what He wants is for You to recognize You can do NOTHING without Him...that You Need Him and that You would seek to KNOW HIM"

Kyle looked at Bob's tears, he then looked down at the pavement...his mind drifted to thoughts of his mom...."OH KYLE, I'm not ashamed of you, I just hurt for you..that's all Kyle....I just want You to KNOW HIM" she had begged

Kyle looking back up at Bob.....tears poured, "Ok Bob....can you introduce me???" Bob, chuckled through His tears...."YEA Kyle, I sure can"......right there in that convenience store parking Lot....Bob Introduced Kyle to The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ......

they walked the fifth of alcohol back into the store and exchanged it for a gas card

"I think there's someone who'd love to hear from you Kyle"....Kyle's eyes lit up.....

Kyle went out to his car and picked up his cell......

Ellie had dried the tears from her face and was sitting on the couch.....Her cell phone was buzzing ..."IT WAS KYLE!!!!"

taking a big breath....she answered..."Hey There" ....."Mom" Kyle's voice broke...."Your never gonna believe what just happened" "WHAT Son?" ....welll after I hung up with you...

Kyle shared the story

Ellie's raising her hand toward heaven ....and whispering over an over "thank You JESUS" as Kyle shared the goodnews

In Heaven, Shouts rang out....."Holy, Holy, Holy".....A Great Cloud of Witness......CHEERED....."BEHOLD THE LAMB"

It was just a few months later.......Kyle called His Mom to share all that He had been learning in his bible study....

"Mom, I just want to say thanks...thanks for never giving up on me"......Ellie choked back the tears...

It was 10pm CST...they were talking about Jesus.....When a shout from on High came......"COME UP HERE"

They Were Ready!!!!!!

HisMusician
October 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I just wanted to say great job Sounding! Keep up the good work. And all of you really should check out the Are They Ready for This story and site and read what all the writers have written.