PDA

View Full Version : The New Age Gospel of Oprah is Heresy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97

His Bride
September 8th, 2008, 10:36 AM
As I have stated before, we should all be praying for the Rev. Oprah....pray that our great Lord and Savior remove her from the airwaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZanderMom
September 8th, 2008, 12:05 PM
... the Rev. Oprah...

:pound

I heard a comedian say that "Oprah thinks she's Jesus". I laughed... and then thought, "You know, that perfectly sums her up".

ron4Jesus
September 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I don't care for OPRAH at all. She made her billions and could care less what anyone thinks. She is too busy starting her own religion because in her head she is better and more knowledgeable than GOD. It's a shame and I pray for her because that woman can turn things around because of her influence, but I think she sold her soul to the devil.

hapimom98
September 8th, 2008, 12:26 PM
There is nothing Democrats hate more than conservative women and conservative blacks. :nod

Ain't that the truth!?

christschild
September 8th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Oprah is very disappointing . But this is no surprise she is so in awe of Obama.

randy1953
October 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Oprah's Way-Winning the World to New Spirituality

by Brannon Howse

For the four years in a row (2004 – 2007), Time magazine has listed Oprah Winfrey as one of the world’s most influential people, and the talk show maven’s website boasts an overview of why:

- The Oprah Winfrey Show has remained the number one talk show for 21 consecutive seasons.

- The show is seen by an estimated 46 million viewers a week in the United States and is broadcast around the world in 134 countries.

- Since Oprah and Hearst Magazines introduced O magazine in April 2000, its circulation has grown to a stunning 2.3 million readers each month.

- Oprah.com averages more than 6 million users a month.

And what is it that Oprah uses this massive pulpit to preach?

It was once commonly know as the New Age Movement. Today, it is most often referred to as the New Spirituality, neo-paganism, or new paganism. Yes, paganism—the worship of nature—and its kindred vacuous belief, pantheism, that God is all and all is God.

Oprah’s Non-Doctrine Doctrine

Using the talk on her talk show to hammer her congregation of millions with the messages of New Spirituality, Oprah has variously preached that:

- One of the mistakes human beings make is believing there is only one way to live.

- There are many paths to what you call God.

- There are millions and millions of ways to God; there could not possibly be just one.

- God is a feeling experience not a believing experience.

- If God for you is still about a belief, then it is not truly God

- God is in all things.

In case anyone missed the message on TV, Oprah recently ratcheted up the level of instruction by teaching an online course with best-selling New Age author Eckhart Tolle. It is reported that 2 million people joined Oprah and Tolle for their virtual course in New Spirituality. In Tolle’s book A New Earth (a primary resource for the online class), he quotes the Bible some 21 times more frequently than any other single book, yet in such a new fashion that Oprah extols his thinking this way:

I love this quote that Eckhart has. This is one of my favorite quotes in chapter one where he says, “Man made God in his own image.”

She probably feels this way because she’s done such a good job of making up her own image of God—starting when she was about 27 or 28 years of age. That’s when, as she tells the story, she rejected the doctrine of her Baptist church because she didn’t like it when her pastor claimed God is a jealous God. The notion of Divine jealously offended her, and “that’s when the search for something more than doctrine started to stir within me.”

Rightly Dividing Oprah’s Truth

I believe Oprah’s rejection of Biblical doctrine has led to her acceptance of the doctrines of demons as 1 Timothy 4:1 says will occur in the last days: “Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons.”

The rejection of Biblical doctrine is the reason for the great apostasy or falling away from traditionally held Biblical truths. Journalists Richard Cimino and Don Lattin explain in their 1988 book, Shopping for Faith, that for many people “religious experience is replacing religious doctrine.” (Many of these experiences are rooted in occultism—a serious issue we address in the article “The New Spirituality Is Not So New” also in this issue.)

Oprah’s rejection of religious doctrine—and her encouragement of others to do the same—has fostered a penchant for the lies of New Spirituality. A popular saying among those who call for a liberal, ecumenical, one world church is that “doctrine divides but the spirit unites.” And they’re right, of course.

The truth of Biblical doctrine does divide. It distinguishes true converts from false ones. And a preference for un-doctrine also unites the unsaved in the spirit of anti-Christ.

Nevertheless, Oprah continues to sweep people into her congregation of New Spirituality through ever more pervasive means. On January 1, 2008, Oprah began using her XM Satellite radio program “Oprah & Friends” to host a year-long series of teachings from A Course in Miracles featuring New Age guru Marianne Williamson. Oprah and Marianne plan to cover all 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles Workbook.

(As background: The book, A Course in Miracles, was written in 1965 when Helen Schucman, associate professor of medical psychology at Columbia University in New York, began channeling what she said was a New Age Jesus who would teach us how to live in these difficult times. Her book is a 600+ page transcription of these teachings. Some have described it as the “Bible” of the New Age Movement.)

Some telling quotables from the book and workbook include:

- “God is in everything I see.”

- A “slain Christ has no meaning.”

- “The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself.”

- “Jesus is a man, who is like all other men.”

- “The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation.”

- “There is no sin; it has no consequence.”

- “Sin is defined as ‘lack of Love.’”

- “...sin is not real.”

- “There is no difference between your will and God’s.”

- “Do not make the pathetic error of ‘clinging to the old rugged cross.’”

- “My salvation comes from me.”

And to extend the cause even further, on January 15, 2008, Oprah announced that, in conjunction with Discovery Communications, she would be launching the Oprah Winfrey Network. Soon we’ll have Oprah and Oprah-think 24/7.

As more people are seduced by the New Spirituality, it becomes vital for Christians to understand this worldview in order to protect their families and friends from its deception. Christians must be equipped to engage in worldview evangelism to get at the core problems with New Age thinking.

The stakes are high. Make no mistake: Biblical Christianity and New Spirituality will both lead people to God. In a very real sense, millions of ways do lead there. It’s just that only One way leads to God as Savior. All the others lead to Him as righteous Judge.

This article represents some of the information presented in Brannon’s new DVD, Three Worldviews Seeking To Destroy Your Faith, Family and Freedoms. Click here to order now:

Brannon reveals five national consequences that come to a nation that continually rejects God. America is experiencing all five of these consequences now. Brannon also reveals how these five national consequences are being manifested through three worldview growing trends- Political Correctness, which is Cultural Marxism, pagan spirituality, and what Brannon calls One World Spirituality.

Distributed by www.ChristianWorldviewNetwork.com

Thank you I am praying for Oprah and I ask that we all do.
Can you even begin to imagine what could happen if Oprah accepted Jesu Christ as her savior and did a complete flip flop. Folks stranger things have happened. Pray that Oprah accepts the Biblical Jesus Christ as he one and only savior.

Also on this note it is ok I guess to call a spade a spade. I just watch a video on RR about Billy Graham and his problems. Here at RR lots of folks get busted. But please the must important thing we can do for these people is to pray for thier salavation. This is to me so much more needed than just being the first to blow the whistle.

Anyways those ar emy thoughts your millage may vary.

God Bless
Randy

WILLIAMBEASON1842
November 6th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I can't talk or write much about oprah. I have a hard and fast rule concerning her and her program. When it comes on, if I can't find anything else to watch, I turn off my TV.

I can't stand to watch her program. I think that she actuall believes that she is something special and that she knows more about the world than anyone else. She tries to make believe that she is a Christian, (by her definatio) not our GOD'S. From what I can see from her actions and associations, ther is no way that she is a Believer. If she hasn't asked JESUS to come into her heart she will wish she had soon after GOD tells her that her time on earth is over.
She needs JESUS.

ihope
November 6th, 2008, 09:21 AM
A NEW DAY...

Now that she's free to speak, Oprah's put together a panel of her favorite political minds to discuss this history-making election—U.S. Rep. John Lewis (D-GA), David Gergen, Peggy Noonan, Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Gloria Steinem.

U.S. Rep. Lewis is an American hero who's had a front-row seat to history, marching alongside Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. during the civil rights movement. He also just won re-election for his 12th congressional term.

Election night was one of the most moving moments of his life, U.S. Rep. Lewis says. "I had what I call an out-of-body experience. I jumped so high, I started shouting, I was at Ebenezer Church and I just embarrassed myself. I was just overcome," he says. "It reminded me of all of the struggle, all of the pain and suffering. And to see this day come, it was just too much."

The long lines to vote on Election Day reminded U.S. Rep. Lewis of the first time South Africans got to vote and elected Nelson Mandela president. U.S. Rep. Lewis says he also thought about Dr. King. "The days that we marched on Washington in 1963. The time that we marched in Selma for the right to vote. When we stood in those immovable lines that people had to pass a so-called literacy test," he says. "And there were hundreds and thousands of black Americans in the heart of the Deep South never had an opportunity to register and to vote."

A longtime friend of Bill and Hillary Clinton, U.S. Rep. Lewis publicly shifted his support to President-elect Obama midway through the campaign. "It was very difficult for me," he says. "But I had what I called an 'executive session' with myself, and I saw the Barack Obama campaign as a movement. It was very similar to the civil rights movement, and I said I wanted to be on the right side of history, and that's why I made that change."

The 2008 presidential campaign wasn't just a political movement—U.S. Rep. Lewis says it was also spiritual. "It was something about this man,"he says. "I felt that Barack Obama had been tracked down by the spirit of history and was aligning himself to be used for the common good."

CNN senior political analyst and Harvard professor David Gergen has been an adviser to four presidents—Republicans Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan, and Democrat Bill Clinton.

Watching President-elect Obama's speech, David says he was reminded of Dr. King's last speech in Memphis before his assassination. In that speech, Dr. King spoke of the Promised Land but said he might not reach it with his followers. "And Barack Obama, this young man, comes along and calls Martin Luther King the Moses of our time. And now this is the Joshua generation that he's heading up," David says. "Just as it was with King and John Lewis and others who marched, and they were so young and changed the nation, now along comes a new generation, a fresh generation that offers new hope."

As evidence of generational change, David points to election results among young voters. "Four years ago the Democrats won the young vote—that is, between 18 and 29—they won it by about 9 percent," he says. "Yesterday the Democrats, Barack Obama, won the youth vote by 32 percent."

David says President-elect Obama's victory is truly a step forward for our entire nation. Growing up in the '60s in North Carolina, David says he witnessed firsthand the positive effects the civil rights era had on culture. "What I learned then is something that Lincoln said way back earlier: That when one group advances in this country, we all advance," he says. "I can't tell you how much of a debt we in the South owe to John Lewis and Martin Luther King and others who opened our eyes and really lifted whites as much as blacks. … When the walls came down between the races in the South, the walls came down between the South and the rest of the country. Today the South is much better off than it was some years ago."

Gloria Steinem is one of America's most influential and revered feminist leaders. When Gloria was on the show recently, Oprah says she wanted to talk about an editorial Gloria wrote about Governor Palin that sparked national attention, but she had to wait until the election was over.

Gloria says the article has earned her a "big reward and a little punishment too," but she's glad she did it. "What I was trying to say is that the women's movement is about content, not about form. It's not about biology as destiny; it's about making life better for everybody," she says. "So, though I fiercely defend Sarah Palin's right to be wrong, we're really talking about a single standard here. She shouldn't be criticized for her clothes or her children, but she also has to meet the standard for being a vice president, much less a president, which she did not."

much much more at link...

http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20081105_tows_election/1

acceptedintheBeloved
November 6th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Ok, so I watch Oprah today and as I was equeally proud that we can celebrate the first African American President is HUGE....

But they had this guy (somebody in our gov't) who was relating the feelings of awe he had to witnessing the civil rights movement years ago.

Oprah then says something about it being a SPIRITUAL movement behind Obama and he agrees saying something like he was called by the spirit of spirits?? To better mankind?

Then someother smo comes on and refers to Obama as the new MOSES?

:idunno

Can any of you techies get a transcript!????????

I don't watch that show (though I've seen it on occasion), but I can see how they would say such things. She spews forth numerous unbiblical ideas. In fact, "another gospel" which Paul rightly condemns. (Galatians 1:6-9)

We must remember, though, that "SPIRITUAL" doesn't always mean "GOOD" or "HOLY." We see this in verses like Ephesians 6:12 which says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in high places."

So, yes, it could indeed be something SPIRITUAL, but sadly, the ideologies held and put forth by them are not biblical, nor godly.

Hope someone can find those transcripts for you. :)

WanttoKnow
November 6th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Who's Oprah?