PDA

View Full Version : My Mom's Mormon boss caused my Mom to speak up!

TakeMeHome
March 17th, 2009, 08:18 PM
My Mom works for a famous Mormon. I cannot name this person. But, my mother called this person out for saying things like "shakra" etc. on tv. This person was so defensive and told my Mom that they are sick of being judged by people. My Mom was insulted for her beliefs as a Christian and even insulted by saying she was your typical "simple-minded christian". Also, this person said that if that is how they can bring the young to Christ then they will continue to talk about "shakra" etc. to lead them to God.

Why is it that famous people are so self-centered and so willing to say "shakra" to appeal to younger generations? Was my Mom wrong to say something? I told her that she shouldn't expect any better from this person as they are a mormon, not a christian. Famous people that flaunt sinful lifestyles and can so easily lead people astray are dangerous.

What is wrong with people?

Now, my Mom is afraid she'll be fired for speaking out. :sad

CarolinaGirl
March 17th, 2009, 08:43 PM
"shakra"

What does that mean? I've never heard of it?

His Bride
March 17th, 2009, 08:43 PM
First of all, the bad news is that your mom's Mormon boss isn't a true Christian. And "shakra" isn't Christian either. This world is so mixed up. People are hungering after false saviors and incantations.

Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, the Son of God, both fully God and fully man, is the only way to the Father.

I hope that your mother continues to speak out. If she is prepared to walk the walk of faith and to give up all for her Savior, then whatever happens will be in His hands and she has nothing to fear.

Most of us are with your mom; we are all "simple minded" Christians. But remember the words of Psalm 19:7-11

"The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes,
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true;
They are rigteous altogether.
They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the
drippings of the honeycomb.
Moreover, by them Your servant is warned;
In keeping them there is great reward."

Wally
March 18th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I believe Shakra - Shakera is a sports star - Shak (basket ball star) and there may be a pop music starlet by a similar name. No Bible found here.....

Sha kine na (yes my spelling is off) or the Shachina Glory was a manifestation of the Holy Spirit's (God) presence seen at the dedication of the Temple. It typically included smoke and thunder.

Maybe this is the subject?

Good for your mom. Have her visit CARM.org for apologetics on the Mormons. There are threads here as well. Confront apostacy, false teachings, with Scripture.

God's Word is the Final Authority. And don't be amazed when people rebuke you for truth. Just be Kind and graceful in how you do it. Prayer helps alot.

John 12:47-49 (New King James Version)
47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

FaithContender
March 18th, 2009, 06:24 PM
My Mom works for a famous Mormon. I cannot name this person. But, my mother called this person out for saying things like "shakra" etc. on tv. This person was so defensive and told my Mom that they are sick of being judged by people. My Mom was insulted for her beliefs as a Christian and even insulted by saying she was your typical "simple-minded christian". Also, this person said that if that is how they can bring the young to Christ then they will continue to talk about "shakra" etc. to lead them to God.

Why is it that famous people are so self-centered and so willing to say "shakra" to appeal to younger generations? Was my Mom wrong to say something? I told her that she shouldn't expect any better from this person as they are a mormon, not a christian. Famous people that flaunt sinful lifestyles and can so easily lead people astray are dangerous.

Are you talking about Hindu chakras?:scratch

BornAgain123
March 18th, 2009, 08:35 PM

Personally, I APPLAUD your mother for speaking out! Jesus would have done the exact same thing, as would have The Apostles!:hat

I think what your mother did...she found THE BEST opportunity to witness Christ's name to the lost! Remember the hymn, "Stand Up, Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus, The Soldiers of The Cross!".

IMHO-if your boss retaliates against your mother and fires her...to be frank, at the same time, it would probably BE BEST for ANYONE to NOT work in that type of very un-Christianly environment...as those kinds of very worldly behaviors can really rub off of others the wrong way.

RaptureReady_7
March 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Are you talking about Hindu chakras?:scratch

Aren't there Native American and Chinese versions also?

These are those pagan "life" centers surrounding the body, or something like that.

FaithContender
March 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM
These are those pagan "life" centers surrounding the body, or something like that.
:nod

Amber Lynne
March 19th, 2009, 01:27 PM
:nod

Look under YOGA and you will find something...it is VERY unchristian....

good for your Momma for standing up to him!

My Abba's Child
March 19th, 2009, 03:42 PM
No one's bringing young people to Christ by talkiung about Chakras... that's the point your mom was making. Good for her!

In His love,