PDA

View Full Version : Receding Euphrates .....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

thisgeneration
December 15th, 2009, 10:17 AM
This was something I read about Grant Jeffrey's theory about how the Euphrates could be dried in the modern day !! Is this possible ?? I have a video of the dam, but I can't post it.

Revelation 16:12 The sixth angel poured his bowl on the great Euphrates River. Its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the east.

An army of 200 million led by "the kings from the east" will march across Asia toward Israel during the Tribulation, Revelation 16:12 indicates that this army will be held up at the Euphrates River until its water is suddenly dried up, enabling them to cross and proceed to the Valley of Armageddon.

Throughout history the Euphrates River has been an impenetrable military barrier between East and West. However, the government of Turkey recently constructed the huge Ataturk Dam that can now dam up the waters of the Euphrates for the first time in history.

The Chinese government has spent enormous sums and expanded the lives of hundreds of thousands of construction workers building a military super-highway across Asia heading directly toward Israel. This highway has no economic purpose and no foreigners are allowed anywhere near this road.

The highway has been completed through the south of China, Tibet, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. This curious prophecy about "the way of the kings of the east" is being fulfilled in the 1990s setting the stage for the final battle of this age.

==================================================

Joel Rosenberg July 15, 2009

EUPHRATES RIVER DRYING UP: New York Times notes connection to Book of Revelation and the End Times

The front page of Tuesday morning’s New York Times had a stunning headline: “Iraq Suffers as the Euphrates River Dwindles.”

The drying up of this historic river in the land of ancient Babylon is so stunning, that even the Times had to note that Bible prophecy says this will happen in the “last days” of history, in the lead up to the apocalyptic battle of Armageddon described in the Book of Revelation.

Excerpts from the Times story: “Throughout the marshes, the reed gatherers, standing on land they once floated over, cry out to visitors in a passing boat. ‘Maaku mai!’ they shout, holding up their rusty sickles. ‘There is no water!’ The Euphrates is drying up. Strangled by the water policies of Iraq’s neighbors, Turkey and Syria; a two-year drought; and years of misuse by Iraq and its farmers, the river is significantly smaller than it was just a few years ago. Some officials worry that it could soon be half of what it is now. The shrinking of the Euphrates, a river so crucial to the birth of civilization that the Book of Revelation prophesied its drying up as a sign of the end times, has decimated farms along its banks, has left fishermen impoverished and has depleted riverside towns as farmers flee to the cities looking for work.” [More photos of the drying-up Euphrates from the NYT.]

Please note that I did not add in the link above to the “Bible Gateway” website for Revelation 16:12. The Times’ online edition includes that link themselves. Apparently the newspaper of record now believes that the future of Iraq in light of Bible prophecy is part of “all the news that’s fit to print.”

To be clear, we will not see the complete fulfillment of Revelation 16 until during the seven-year period of judgment and bloodshed that the Bible calls the “Tribulation.” Indeed, it is possible that we will see the drought end and the Lord bless Iraq with abundant water in the coming years that will make the prophecy cited seem all that more dramatic in its proper time. Only time will tell. But it’s certainly another curious development.

I’d recommend skeptics stay tuned. This is just the beginning of the dramatic headlines to come.

Christina
December 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I believe it can. The water levels are already at a all time low in parts of the Euphrates.

RobertB
December 15th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Having seen it, I would say, yes.

Dani D
December 15th, 2009, 12:48 PM
The river is already drying up as stated above, so perhaps when the time comes they just decide to finish the job with the dam to make way for the armies??

ByFaithIFly
December 15th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Here is an excellent link to the Ataturk Dam and also the surrounding area's.
http://www.adiyamanli.org/ataturk_dam.htm:thumb

Macklynn
June 10th, 2010, 07:59 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/14/world/middleeast/14euphrates.html

This is VERY prophetic! This is more of an end-time sign than any I've ever seen!!

4Godisjust
June 10th, 2010, 08:10 AM

This is VERY prophetic! This is more of an end-time sign than any I've ever seen!!

I believe so too, everthing is falling into place for the trib. This doesn't fullly happen until the trib, but it is a another sign that we are going in that direction.

It's like pieces of a puzzle coming together peice by piece. Prophecy is so amazing to see it being fulfilled.:yeah

I feel sorry for these people, between the wars, poverty, and hunger now this will make thing's much worse! :tsk :pray

jackson64
June 10th, 2010, 08:44 AM

yes it is...and also very sad. I cannot imagine the saddness also of watching the land around you--your home--dry up and become barren...praying that the people of Iraq turn to the one true God for comfort...:sad :pray

It's also worth noting, that again Turkey is mentioned as being in a leadership role and shows control over the fate of so many in that region...they really are everywhere in the news the last 6 months...

Meg
June 10th, 2010, 08:52 AM
From the article:

It is a crisis that threatens the roots of Iraq’s identity, not only as the land between two rivers but as a nation that was once the largest exporter of dates in the world, that once supplied German beer with barley and that takes patriotic pride in its expensive Anbar rice.

From the Book Of Isaiah

Isaiah 5:10

A ten-acre vineyard will produce only a bath of wine, a homer of seed only an ephah of grain."

Isaiah 16:10

Joy and gladness are taken away from the orchards; no one sings or shouts in the vineyards; no one treads out wine at the presses, for I have put an end to the shouting.

Isaiah 24:7-11

7 The new wine dries up and the vine withers;
all the merrymakers groan.

8 The gaiety of the tambourines is stilled,
the noise of the revelers has stopped,
the joyful harp is silent.

9 No longer do they drink wine with a song;
the beer is bitter to its drinkers.

10 The ruined city lies desolate;
the entrance to every house is barred.

11 In the streets they cry out for wine;
all joy turns to gloom,
all gaiety is banished from the earth.

There might be more, but thats enough for now...

EarsToHear
June 10th, 2010, 09:01 AM
The OP article is old, but I heard from Al Jazeera t.v. news last night that the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers are drying up and people are relying on artesian wells.

The drying of these rivers happens each year during May and June with the increased summer heat and is not uncommon.