PDA

View Full Version : Receding Euphrates .....

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

seank6
June 10th, 2010, 10:02 AM
if that article was written in july 2009 i wonder how much more has been dried up now almost a year later?

mary rae
June 10th, 2010, 10:16 AM
The OP article is old, but I heard from Al Jazeera t.v. news last night that the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers are drying up and people are relying on artesian wells.

The drying of these rivers happens each year during May and June with the increased summer heat and is not uncommon.

Not to discourage Macklynn, but I also thought that drying up was not an uncommon occurance for the Euphrates. That being said, I DO believe the Bible, and that there will be a time when the Euphrates is that devoid of water that it can accommodate the armies of the East. Imo, the drying up will be something unexpected(perhaps out of season?). Never-the-less, it does encourage our hearts to see things happen we never thought even possible a few years ago- to know that what God spoke IS true, and will happen.

logosone
June 10th, 2010, 10:28 AM
When the NY Times literally makes the correlation
between Prophecy and the actual event, that in
itself is a pretty strong sign as far as I'm concerned :nod

CakeDecorator
June 10th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Yes, I had read something about this a year ago.

Does anyone know of the current status of the river?

sukie72962
June 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Rev. 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

The Euphrates will not dry up until the Trib. It may get low at times but it will not dry up just yet.

Cheryl4Christ
June 10th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I always thought the Euphrates River (in correlation to the end times) was going to dry up supernaturally. Meaning I didn't think it was going to just naturally dry up over the years.

tfcrew
June 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
From the article:
From the Book Of Isaiah
Isaiah 5:10
Isaiah 16:10
etc...These passages refer more to the [then future] demise of Israel than anything else..
in context...
also from Is. 5
7For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry

logosone
June 10th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I always thought the Euphrates River (in correlation to the end times) was going to dry up supernaturally. Meaning I didn't think it was going to just naturally dry up over the years.

No reason why it couldn't be supernatural over a period of years.

Kvat3r
June 10th, 2010, 04:34 PM

Thats what Rev. seems to imply with the 6th angel.....:sad At least thats how it reads to me...

jackson64
June 10th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Depends on your definition of "supernatural"...I often think that people look too much for the truly "miraculous. "

God often uses things ( nature, earthquakes, volcanos...) and people ( even evil ones--remember, "I will put a hook in your jaw" and everytime the AC is mentioned it says things like, "it was given unto him to.... or and he was allowed to......). To the unsaved, these things may often appear to be explainable easily and it is why I believe the great delusion will be done without there being any idea by the lost as to why they are thinking the way that they will...We see God's hands in events, yet often, the unsaved world thinks of them as another cause ( if they even think about it at all)