PDA

View Full Version : The Shroud of Turin: Is it Authentic?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

caligal
December 18th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I don't know.......some of the people I have heard on the topic make a pretty good case.The best one I saw{wish I could remember names} also talked to a forensic expert and he said the face on the shroud was badly beaten. Regardless, no one should worship the object, but the person who left his likeness on the object if indeed it is the Lord.

Heffer Wolfe
December 18th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not sure how true it is that the popular image of the long-haired, blue eyed Jesus was based on a portrait of Ceasare Borgias by Michelangelo.

It may not be true but it makes for an interesting story for the traditional image. :idunno

icebear
December 18th, 2008, 12:15 PM
that is why some of the so-called images "miraculously" appearing on toast and transformer boxes bug me so much. the artistic renditions we see of Jesus may in reality look nothing like He did when he walked the earth. so why would these mysterious images be confused for signs from Heaven? they may resemble erroneous depictions of Jesus, but i'm almost 100% certain that they would bear absolutely no resemblance to our real Savior.

ron4Jesus
December 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM
:hug I have been really down today....one of the things was that I have been feeling really ugly...(both inside and out)....God still loves me even though I'm ugly on the outside....but I have to change my inside....I think God was reminding me that He loves us for our inside not for our outside... Thank you!! :hug

Well we all love you here and don't feel that way OK ? The outside is nothing but a package we carry along in life. The inside is probably satan always making us feel bad about ourselves so don't let that get to you young lady. We all get those days especially with all the bad news out there lately. Cheer up my sister we LOVE YOU for who you are ! INSIDE and OUT :hug

Arkrider
December 18th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I have a question for those more knowledgeable than I, and please don't be harsh in answering. I truly would like thoughts and opinions on this.

My pastor travels to the Holy Land every year (with those from the congregation who can afford to go on the on-site teaching mission). He has taught, and used scientific principles, to indicate that the spikes were not driven into Jesus's hands, but through his wrists (which was customary in crucifixions), saying that there is no substance to the hand, and driving spikes through the hand would cause it to quickly slide into an upright position from the weight pulling it down, and eventually the spike would tear through the hand.

That has set my mind wondering about something. With so many thinking that the spikes were through the hands, wouldn't many of the deceivers who are to come display hand scars, when Jesus's scars are in his wrists?

Thanks for all thoughts and opinions on this.

mary rae
December 18th, 2008, 02:32 PM
As many were astonished at you— his appearance was so marred, beyond human semblance,
and his form beyond that of the children of mankind— Isaiah 52:14

Petezzz- OP
I'm leaning toward the shroud of Turin being false as authentic because of this verse. How can you have an imprint of a recognizably human face when the Bible says the exact opposite?

Sunny
December 18th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Whenever I see images of Yeshua's face, I cover it up. I simply cannot stand to have an impostor's image in the place of my Savior.

On another note, something I keep forgetting to bring up in conversations until now, is that Yeshua's glorified, resurrected body still retained the scars.

Will ours'?

icebear
December 18th, 2008, 03:33 PM
On another note, something I keep forgetting to bring up in conversations until now, is that Yeshua's glorified, resurrected body still retained the scars.

Will ours'?

i guess it would depend on what the scars were from. but then as far as such things go, there are those crowns we are granted for enduring our trials....
so i wonder this too.

yieldedandstill
December 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
FAKE!!!!
I am ashamed to admit that when I first found out about the shroud, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I printed out pictures of it and posted them on my wall. Then, when I would begin to pray, I would gaze upon them lovingly.

I became so convicted by the Holy Spirit, and under attack spiritually, that I ripped them from my walls and shredded them. Peace followed.

It greatly strengthened my faith that God does/will lead me; I just have to listen and obey.

Buzzardhut
December 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM
FAKE!!!!
I am ashamed to admit that when I first found out about the shroud, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I printed out pictures of it and posted them on my wall. Then, when I would begin to pray, I would gaze upon them lovingly.

I became so convicted by the Holy Spirit, and under attack spiritually, that I ripped them from my walls and shredded them. Peace followed.

It greatly strengthened my faith that God does/will lead me; I just have to listen and obey.
I praise God you were delivered from the Shroud