PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Gog and Magog

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

writersmom
August 15th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Maybe this is the precursor to this war.

What I know for SURE, very sure

is that at some point the U.S. will APPEASE evil

The U.S. will LACK THE WILL to stand UP to EVIL
so we will APPEASE EVIL.

I suspect the U.S. will be destroyed by APPEASING EVIL.

Already we are losing our will to do what is right.

My guess is this is WHY the U.S. is not clearly seen as a player in "end times".

ALL will come against Jerusalem - that includes the U.S..

The U.S. is warming up to that - through who we vote in to positions of power.

I think you are right on.

It seems like we are in a lose/lose situation here. If we go into Georgia we will further provoke the Russians and with them all ready threatening to nuke Poland if they accept help from us, well it gets really scary.

But if we don't do anything then they continue on terrorizing all their neighbors.

felixthecat
August 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I think you are right on.

It seems like we are in a lose/lose situation here. If we go into Georgia we will further provoke the Russians and with them all ready threatening to nuke Poland if they accept help from us, well it gets really scary.

But if we don't do anything then they continue on terrorizing all their neighbors.

That's why I don't mind Condi Rice atleast standing up for what is right!

It sure beats going on vacation and taking on an appeasement role.

metroames
August 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking. Why not: ac comes to Israel as a peace maker, convinces them their temple should be built 100 meters or yards or whatever to the north of the Dome land, gets the treaty signed. And immediately, Russia breaks treaty, attacks and ac claims to be the one to supernaturally protect Israel. That would leave 7 years for the burning of the weapons AND set him up as Israels accepting him as Messiah.
:idunno
Just a thought, and no means by a bible scholar.

The 7 years seem like a give away to me for being at the beginning of the Trib. :nod

Angelita
August 15th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Yes I do believe that the eyes of the world will be open, they may not be opened unto the truth of the Gospel, but they will know that the destruction is from the Lord. In fact the Lord addresses that directly.

"Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I [am] the LORD." Ezekiel 38:23

"And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD." Ezekiel 39:6

"And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them." Ezekiel 39:21

"And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword. Ezekiel 39:23

:yeah Now that's what I want to see!! I want to see God magnify and santify Himself in the world!! I honestly can't wait and hope we get to see it.

Sydney Spider
August 15th, 2008, 08:12 PM
The 7 years seem like a give away to me for being at the beginning of the Trib. :nod

Yip. God has made specific mention of the length of time for the burning of weapons (7 years) for a reason. I think we are meant to take note.

Sydney Spider
August 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Yes I do believe that the eyes of the world will be open, they may not be opened unto the truth of the Gospel, but they will know that the destruction is from the Lord. In fact the Lord addresses that directly.

"Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I [am] the LORD." Ezekiel 38:23

"And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD." Ezekiel 39:6

"And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them." Ezekiel 39:21

"And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword. Ezekiel 39:23

It's somewhat ironic that the world at large will acknowledge that the God of Israel and the Bible is responsible for miraculously delivering Israel in the Gog/Magog invasion, according to these verses. By the end of the Tribulation, the world's nations will all join together to attack and destroy Israel in spite of witnessing the way God has preserved Israel in this previous invasion.

Surely this has got to be the ultimate display of arrogance by earth's citizens.....they are really attacking God Himself by attacking the "apple of His eye" (as Israel is described in scripture).

Will this be the motivation behind the move to attack Israel at the end - to provoke the ultimate showdown with God in a final confrontation? :poke

I personally don't see the Gog/Magog War being a trigger for a wave of worldwide conversions. It will draw attention to Israel's God, but unfortunately not to the saving message of the gospel. If it happened while the church was still on the earth, then it would be an opportunity for evangelism by true Christians. Since I believe the Rapture will happen first, there will be no-one to spread the message except for perhaps a small sprinkling of very new converts here and there, and I doubt that anyone would listen to them.

canuckmedic
August 15th, 2008, 09:03 PM
God will not use nukes to destroy the Gog army. It will be crystal clear to everyone that God struck them down. If it's fire and brimstone then you can bet it's just that.

This doesn't sound like nukes to me, but good ol' fashioned but whoopin by the Lord Himself.

This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign LORD. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man's sword will be against his brother. 22 I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'

kgreen20
August 15th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Except who's going to be able to burn weapons during the Tribulation's 2nd half, when everyone's going to be totally occupied with just trying to stay alive?

metroames
August 15th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Except who's going to be able to burn weapons during the Tribulation's 2nd half, when everyone's going to be totally occupied with just trying to stay alive?

Doesn't look like everyone will be occupied with just trying to stay alive. From my post earlier in the thread:

Ezekiel 39:9 “Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and bucklers, the bows and arrows, the javelins and spears; and they will make fires with them for seven years.

This may not necessarily be limited to the remnant that flees to Petra, considering there will be still people (likely unbelieving Jews and maybe Palestinians) inhabiting and defending Jerusalem just prior to the Lord’s return at the 2nd Coming.

Remember, there will still be people in Israel, and particularly Jerusalem, that will be defending the city against the antichrist during the Armageddon camaign. :nod

1KingJesusIsLord
August 15th, 2008, 10:24 PM
This event occurs after the 1000 year regin of Christ, Revelation 20 7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.