View Full Version : The Battle of Gog and Magog
October 8th, 2008, 12:04 AM
~ Rev.16 & 19 is the battle of Armageddon:
Three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of
the dragon the beast and the false prophet.
Perforning signs which go out to The Kings 0f The Earth and
of The Whole World to gather them to
The Battle Of The Great Day Of God Almighty...
And they gather them together to
The Place called in Hebrew Armageddon. - Rev.16
An Angel says to all the birds, come and gather together
for The Supper 0f The Great God,
that you may eat the flesh Of Kings, the flesh Of Mighty Men
the flesh of horses and Those that sit on them
and the flesh Of All People Free & Slave Both Small and Great.
And John saw The Beast, The Kings 0f The Earth and Their Armies
gathered together to make war against Him
who sat on the Horse and against His army.
The beast and false prophet are captured.
And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from
the mouth of Him who sat on the horse.
And all the birds were filled with their flesh. - Rev.19
November 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I finished reading Joel Rosenberg and he says they are separate events, but reading thru Ezekiel 38 and 39 in John MacArthur's Study Bible, he says they are the same.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something somewhere but they would seem to me to be separate events. However, I consider John MacArthur a much more qualified person to make that call than me!
So who's right?
November 14th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I always thought that Gog was the Leader of Magog. God would be Putin IMHO and Magog - Russia. And I thought that there were two wars...one first at around the time of the Rapture which brings in the AC, and then the other one at Armageddon, WITH the AC and Gog/Magog.
November 24th, 2008, 09:44 AM
The Coming War Gog /Magog Separate From Armageddon !
· In the months or years following this season of peace in the Middle East, the window of peace will again be shattered and Syria will attempt to push Israel into the sea. In both desperation and retaliation, Israel will destroy Damascus (Isa. 17:1; Jer. 49:24-27), making it the most hated of all nations of the earth (c/p. Matt. 24:9).
· The wealth generated from discovery of oil in Israel and fall of Damascus is the hook in the jaw (Ezek. 38:4) which will bring Gog and the chief princes of Meshech, Tubal and Rosh? the spiritual forces which control Russia [and some or all of the nations of the former USSR]?<down into Israel, together with the armies of a confederacy of nations [probably a European controlled United Nations military operation similar to the recent United States controlled U.N. expeditions in Kuwait, Yugoslavia and Iraq; see Ezek. 38:1-6; c/p. Dan. 10:13; see also A United Nations' Confederacy Will Come Against Israel].
· World War ?the war of Ezekiel 38-39?is the result of this confederacy's attack. Israel is miraculously delivered from the armies of Russia [Rosh, Mesheck & Tubal (Ezek. 38:1)], Iran [Persia] and Germany [Gomer] (Ezek. 38:5-6)], Ethiopia, Libya and a confederacy of nations who come to take a spoil of the restored wealth of the nation (Ezek. 38:10-13). God will supernaturally destroy five-sixths of the armies of these nations (Ezek. 39:2).
[This cannot be the battle of Armageddon (Rev. 16:16; Rev 19:11-15, Rev. 19:19) which occurs when Jesus returns to establish His 1000-year reign over the earth (Rev. 20:4), because:
 Only 5/6th of these armies are destroyed, whereas at Armageddon all armies are destroyed (c/p. Ezek. 39:2 with Zech. 12:3-4, 9; 14:12-13),
 Notably absent from this war are the armies of Iraq [Babylon], Syria, Egypt, and the kings of the east (Rev. 16:12; c/p. Zech. 12:3); and
 The war of Ezekiel 38-39 is fought on the mountains of Israel (biblical Samaria or today’s West Bank; Ezek. 37:22; Ezek. 38:8; Ezek. 39:2-4, Ezek. 39:17), whereas the battle of Armageddon is fought in the valley of Megiddo in northern Israel (Zech. 12:11; Rev. 16:12-16). See also Ezekiel 38 and 39 is not a description of the battle of Armageddon from Ezekiel 37-39 In Verse Outline]
· Israel, as a result of the war of Ezekiel 38-39 and its miraculous deliverance by God from destruction, returns to national worship of The Lord Jehovah under the re-instituted Law of Moses with its Levitical priesthood and restored animal sacrifices (Ezek. 39:22; Dan. 9:27).
· Israel rebuilds the temple in Jerusalem (Dan. 9:27).
· After the supernatural destruction by God of the armies of Russia, Germany and the other nations who come against Israel in the Ezekiel 38-39 war [see above], 10 nations of Europe and Asia will realign to become the 10 horns (kings) of the revised Roman Empire. [This is the final division or realignment of nations inside the territories of the old Roman Empire (Dan. 7:8, Dan. 7:20, Dan. 7:24; Rev. 12:3, Rev. 13:1, Rev. 17:3, Rev. 17:16-17). Neither of the territories of modern Russia or Germany ware ever ruled by Rome; and until God destroys the military might of these two nations, the revised Roman Empire cannot come to power. The 15 nations of the European Economic Community?15 nations as of January 2000?are but the forerunner of the 10-horn kingdoms of Bible prophecy [see Endnote #9 on Revelation 13:3, The Chronological Revelation, for an explanation of why this final 10-nation confederacy must include nations from both the Middle East and Europe].
We Must :pray TIME IS SHORT !
December 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
The War Of Gog And Magog
Friday, December 26, 2008
By Joseph R. Chambers
As the greatest supernatural intervention of human history -- a defense right out of heaven above -- Israel's God is going to reveal Himself. When this Divine display is finished, the Muslim religion will be stripped of all its glory. It will no doubt cause great anger among the hard core Muslims that escape death but a turning to Jesus Christ of those honest individuals that see the glory of our Eternal God. The Muslim religion is a farce when it is seen for what it really represents. Already millions of former Muslims have turned to Christ and the harvest has barely begun. One Saudi sheikh says in disgust that six million Muslims are converting to Christ yearly.
This coming war will serve as the eternal design of Bible prophecy. Men may well look at such a catastrophic devastation as cruel and beyond the acts of a Holy God, but this expression of wrath has been building for many centuries. It will include judgments against many vile and Godless acts of terror, great hatred manifest against the Jewish people, and hatred toward God Himself. Germany will receive her final judgment for the Holocaust and Russia will be judged for her atheistic hatred against her own people, as well as against Israelis and Christians. The Muslim religion will answer for centuries of vileness and defiance against the true and living God. The catastrophic level of God's wrath will be in the exact proportion to the wicked history of the nations involved.
This war could not occur until the nation of Israel was back in a portion of the Promise Land. There is not enough military might in the entire armies of the world to change God's promises. Israel is already a rich nation and is becoming richer every day. Their military is without parallel. They have discovered massive reserves of oil and eventually that discovery will be greater than all the Arab nations combined. How do we know that their oil deposits will be the world's greatest? The Promise Land and her treasures were ordained to flow as "milk and honey."
There are several promises for the discovery of oil by the Jewish people. God said, "For the precious things of heaven, for the dew, and for the deep that coucheth beneath…for they shall suck of the abundance of the seas, and of treasures hid in the sand…and let him dip his foot in oil" (Deuteronomy 33:13, 19, and 24). Someone can argue whether "the deep that coucheth beneath, treasures hid in the sand" or "dip his foot in oil" means oil deposits; but if we take these words literally, they are indeed powerful.
It is important that we know the Biblical reason for the War of Gog and Magog. It is Israel's riches and abundance that Russia covets. We know why the Muslims want to eliminate Israel, but Russia and much of her coalition forces want the treasures and wealth. If you study the unbelievable agricultural success, the technological brilliance, the military capabilities, and then add the possibility of billions of barrels of black gold, you will understand that Russia can see nothing but worldwide wealth and dominance.
One of their top politicians and advocates of this war to the south has left no room for guessing. Here are the words of Vladimir Volfovich Zhirinovsky, a strategic ally of Putin:
• "The operation should be carried out using the code-name "Final Thrust to the South." Our army will carry out this task. It will be a means for the nation as a whole to survive and a way to restore the Russian army."
• "Russia reaching the shores of the Indian Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea is a task that will be the salvation of the Russian nation. . . . Russia will grow rich."
• "The Arabs and Europeans . . . have a vested interest in seeing to it Russia establishes her new borders . . . . Only in this way can they escape the Israeli trap."
• "Can't Russia, mustn't Russia, make just one move, one little move southward? . . . The Germans want this . . . . The world will understand that if Russia needs it that means it's good. The Russian army needs this. It will let our boys flex their muscles instead of sitting around the barracks, worn out by hazing, in the depths of Russia, not knowing who and where the enemy is and what moral and physical preparations they should make."
• "Only America would not be pleased, but she won't interfere. The alternative to this development of this situation is too grave for her if she interferes." (Epicenter, Joel C. Rosenburg, page 140-141.)
The mighty God of our Bible has allowed enough of His extension of grace. It's time for judgment and it's time to make all His glory visible to the human family. Listen to God's promise of intervention. "And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face" (Ezekiel 38:16-18).
I pray that America will be there to help in this hour, but we will not be needed. I actually believe, contrary to many, that we will be faithful to Israel to the end. That will be the reason God honors America as a sheep nation in Matthew chapter twenty-five. Regardless, this will end the worldwide threat from Muslim terrorists and will sweep the Temple Mount in Jerusalem of every semblance of the false sun-god, named Allah.
Unnamed pestilences and blood will rain on the army of millions. The rain will be overflowing and mixed with hailstones, fire, and brimstones. It will be massive and will actually fall from Heaven in such a manner that no one will doubt that it is God Himself that fights for Israel. The Bible is careful to state that the slaughter of this mob of wicked people extends back to their staging countries and capital cities. "And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD. So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel" (Ezekiel 39:6-7).
Magog represents the Russian capital of Moscow and this Scripture includes the other nations which join this coalition. The judgment will leave no doubt about God's rejection of the Muslim Koran and religion. The world is trying to convince us that the Muslim god is identical to our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. This lie will die with Gog and Magog in the mountains of Israel and in the nations that join this end time war.
The glory of God will be manifest and the world will know. Out of this massive judgment will be a mighty visitation of Holy Ghost awakening. Joel settled the utter destruction of the Northern horde and promised the Latter Rain of God's Spirit. He said by the Holy Spirit, "But I will remove far off from you the northern army… Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things" (Joel 2:20a, 21). He added the Latter Rain promise two verses later, "He will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month" (Joel 2:23b). The first month is the Feast of Trumpets, the next unfulfilled feast of Israel. It is also a Jewish type for the coming Rapture of Christ's Bride.
We are living in the golden age of the prophetic finishing of all things. Keep your eyes on the Holy Scripture and your heart in total surrender to the Lordship of our Savior and Captain, Jesus Christ.
December 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
"Soon and very soon. We are going to see the king!"
December 26th, 2008, 07:38 PM
They have discovered massive reserves of oil and eventually that discovery will be greater than all the Arab nations combined.
I really enjoyed this article but the above statement in the article is not true and it's disturbing to me that he stated that. It has always been suspected that oil is there but thus far exploration has not found significant amounts. Israel imports 99% of it oil consumption.
December 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM
If oil IS discovered in Israel; then why, according to Ezek. 39, do they need the gas/oil from all the military vehicles for 7 yrs.?
December 27th, 2008, 10:50 AM
If oil IS discovered in Israel; then why, according to Ezek. 39, do they need the gas/oil from all the military vehicles for 7 yrs.?
Exactly. Oil is not the cause for Russia to come against Israel. The Scripture does not say that. Actually, it is the other observing nations that surmise the reasons that Russia wants to come against Israel. They have to guess, because the reason is not obvious to the nations observing. The observing nations are the ones that list possible reasons, ending with a question mark.
December 27th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Ultimately, any nation that comes against Israel does so not because of what Israel might have but WHO has Israel in His Hands from eternity past through eternity future. Israel's enemies hate Israel's God. Wipe out Israel...wipe out Israel's God?? Not going to happen...the battles will rage but God's victory is already decided. Thank you, Lord!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.