PDA

View Full Version : The Biblical Argument for the Rebuilding of Babylon *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

sirgak
April 18th, 2009, 01:29 AM
It will be reduced to rubble, and never be rebuilt. After Jesus is done with it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb

ATYCLB
May 8th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Are they teaching that ancient Babylon in Iraq will be rebuilt into Babylon the great (on many waters) of prophecy?

How can a landlocked city in Iraq be "on many waters"?

"And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth,
are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."
Revelation 17:15

Dani_El
May 8th, 2009, 06:34 AM
"And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth,
are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."
Revelation 17:15

Nations yes.

So the city of ancient Babylon in Iraq is disqualified.

ATYCLB
May 8th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Nations yes.

You'll have to do better than that. Read the thread.

Buzzardhut
May 8th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Nations yes.

Iraq is included, think bigger, think mystery, think globalism

Last Samurai
May 8th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Nations yes.

I have to say, I'm happy to see the Mod's on this board have so much patience. Thank God for them. :preach

That being said, saying Babylon in Iraq is disqualified is downright shameful. Sometimes it is best to research something before coming out against it. :hat

sframe1978
May 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Sirgak is right in the fact that things are moving fast. Obama's rise to power like has been stated before is a perfect example. It is at times unbelievable the things man can achieve when they are united together in purpose. When the world decides to make Babylon it center once again, it will shock you how fast it will happen, because all nations will put their might behind that goal. Babylon could quickly become an omega city if the UN would decide to move there (good riddance in my opinion). There are a lot of things we don't know and the media only reports what they want us to know. Just like the media kept saying we were losing the war in Iraq which was untrue. It will happen and when it does it will happen so fast that if we are still here we will wonder how we could have ever doubted.

iwillnotstumble
May 9th, 2009, 11:42 AM
looking at Dubai its not hard to imagine a world capital being created in a short span of time, but we have to remember it will be the world capital everyresource country will be required to build it where dubai was the result of the U.A.E this would be the result of all the worlds countries........ I'm pretty sure if the entire world built something like dubai it would be 6 years but thats my guess. I heard dubai only had about 25% of the world cranes when it was being built, imagine if it had all of them and unlimited amount of money or resources and people the jobs that this city would create would drive people there in a heart beat look at the recession and how people are moving to try and find a job.

Christina
May 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I have long believed that Babylon refers to the RCC. Many people don't realize this, but in ancient literature Rome is sometimes referred to as Babylon as were some other cities of that time. The Babylon in Iraq is not the only Babylon from ancient times. Just like today there is a Paris, France and a Paris, Texas; back then there were multiple Babylons :) Here is a blurb from the Catholic Encyclopedia which states that even the RCC believes Peter was referring to Rome when he used "Babylon":

Link to the Catholic Encyclopedia page this is taken from: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11744a.htm

There are other scriptural references that point towards "Babylon" being Rome and the RCC, but I won't belabor the point as not everyone here believes this and arguments usually break out over it. I'll just say that if you search through RR and on Google you'll find plenty of reading about the subject both for and against, but in my humble opinion the arguments for Babylon being the RCC are quite compelling.

In short, those who are waiting for the Babylon in Iraq to be rebuilt before the Rapture happens are probably in for a surprise :)

:thumb:thumb

Christina
May 9th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't pace the rapture on rebuilding Babylon

Exactly, THANK you.