PDA

View Full Version : The Biblical Argument for the Rebuilding of Babylon *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Nightelf
April 8th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Don't have the time to give tons of specifics but I have to agree with any number of the "big boys", its literal. The more we see prophecy unfold in these days the more I have to revise my thinking and its always in one and only one direction....literal, not allegorical. Even the terms and phrases being used today match.....word for word. Nope, I have to vote that God is showing the absolute accuracy of His word, with no chance of misinterpretation.

Yes, isn't it amazing.... God says what He means and He means what He says.... over and over He's proven that His words are literal, so that we will be without excuse for misinterpreting them. :nod

WarGamer
April 8th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I was at the "rebuilt Babylon" in late 2003. It isn't that impressive. In fact, it's pretty much a dump, even the rebuilt areas Saddam worked on.

Saved Alone by Jesus
April 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM
If this is the case, then you can expect that the removal of the church will not happen in our lifetime. To fulfill the criteria in the scriptures, Iraq will have to literally influence the entire world and become a trading seaport to all the nations as well as a financial center of the world. Considering the violent and perplexing state that our world is in, is this possible in the near future? As far as I am concerned, there is no question to the identity of Babylon the great. I would suggest ending this thread at this point.

Hmm that's an interesting take then where do you gather will it be if not Iraq?

Tall Timbers
April 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I was at the "rebuilt Babylon" in late 2003. It isn't that impressive. In fact, it's pretty much a dump, even the rebuilt areas Saddam worked on.

Images I've seen show that it isn't much, but it was just the beginning. Others will eventually pick up where Saddam left off.

Nightelf
April 8th, 2010, 09:39 PM
As far as I am concerned, there is no question to the identity of Babylon the great. I would suggest ending this thread at this point.

:scratch

clay's nemesis
April 8th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Of course, gog/magog will eliminate radical islam as a force and the rest of islam will likely be as ready to meld into one as the western religions.

Ok, 5/6ths of the 200 million man army is killed during the gog/magog war. That only leaves over 1+ billion muslims left to carry on the fight against Israel. It will only slow them for a moment and not destroy them. It will take an act of god to change their minds and ways.

The 'radical' muslims are the only ones that are actually following the koran - read it for yourself. They consider it an insult to catagorize they're so-called 'martyrs' as 'radical' or 'extremists'.

Islam is far more dangerous than anyone realizes. Keep both your eyes on them, every nation that fights against Israel that is named 'literaly', by name in the bible 'literaly', not 'allegorically', is today an islamic nation...

watchman
April 8th, 2010, 09:52 PM
:scratch I am not at liberty to go beyond that as per the rules.:tape

steve78
April 8th, 2010, 09:57 PM
If this is the case, then you can expect that the removal of the church will not happen in our lifetime. To fulfill the criteria in the scriptures, Iraq will have to literally influence the entire world and become a trading seaport to all the nations as well as a financial center of the world. Considering the violent and perplexing state that our world is in, is this possible in the near future? As far as I am concerned, there is no question to the identity of Babylon the great. I would suggest ending this thread at this point.

Im going to have to agree with watchman on this one. When reading scripture on Babylon the great there is specific criteria that must be met and i will leave it at that.

Nightelf
April 8th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Im going to have to agree with watchman on this one. When reading scripture on Babylon the great there is specific criteria that must be met and i will leave it at that.

What specific criteria? I don't get it.... why can't you share it? :idunno

steve78
April 8th, 2010, 10:04 PM
What specific criteria? I don't get it.... why can't you share it? :idunno

For the same reason watchman can't...I am not at liberty to go beyond that as per the rules. :sad