PDA

View Full Version : The Biblical Argument for the Rebuilding of Babylon *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Mr. Duffee
March 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Who's Babylon?

No comment. :heh

Although, there does seem to be a differentiation between spiritual and physical Babylon.

2ndcoming
March 26th, 2011, 12:24 AM
A spiritual Babylon is a false religious system led by AC during the tribulation,while the physical Babylon is a city AC shall dwell,and use it as his headquarter during the same era.They both will be destroyed per Revelation 17 and 18.

And concerning the rebuilding of the city of Babylon,some have suggested that it shall take years as New York or London did.

But according to Zechariah 5:5-11,all it takes is for "a house" to be built.

Zechariah 5:10 Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah? 11 And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.

How long will it take to build "a house"?

1 year,or 2 years?

The future city of Babylon will be quite different from what our perception as a great city should be,like a commercial center New York or London . And according to Zechariah,only a house is needed to be built,not the whole city,so that a woman represented by wickedness can set there as her own base.

2ndcoming
March 26th, 2011, 01:01 AM
And before God foretold the movement of the woman (which is wickedness in verse 8) to Shinar,God has these words first.

Zechariah 5:1 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll. 2And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits. 3Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it. 4I will bring it forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

The flying roll is God's word,and also serve as a curse that go forth the face of the whole earth,that whosoever steals from it,and swear falsely by it,shall be cutoff according to it.

And God's word has been written and witnessed in a book known as Bible to the saved and unsaved.

Will this message be also served as a warning to the woman that God's word should never be changed or twisted to the yield or gain of the woman,followed immediately in verse 5 to 11?

acceptedintheBeloved
March 26th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I've heard that interpretation of it, but I've also heard another interpretation that seems to make a little more sense: that the "roll" is a cylinder-shaped (modern) weapon (in part, due to the description of its measurements [taken literally]).

And also something to do with the Hebrew word, there, for "woman." :scratch - 'ishshah (Strong's H802) versus 'ishshah (Strong's H801):
http://www.eliyah.com/cgi-bin/strongs.cgi?file=hebrewlexicon&isindex=%27ishshah+

I think there was a thread about it on here, somewhere... :idunno

2ndcoming
March 26th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I heard that interpretation before.It is too farfetched for me to comprehend.Good imagination for the author but his theory is losing touch with God's word and what His word intends to be.

2ndcoming
March 26th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Which religious establishment has constantly changed God's word,and twisted His words to her gain?

And according to Daniel 9,she shall come from Rome.

Rapture444
March 26th, 2011, 03:09 AM
Which religious establishment has constantly changed God's word,and twisted His words to her gain?

And according to Daniel 9,she shall come from Rome.
And has the blood of saints and martyrs on her hands.

And then there's 1st Peter 5:13

As_Caleb_Says!
March 27th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I've heard that interpretation of it, but I've also heard another interpretation that seems to make a little more sense: that the "roll" is a cylinder-shaped (modern) weapon (in part, due to the description of its measurements [taken literally]).

And also something to do with the Hebrew word, there, for "woman." :scratch - 'ishshah (Strong's H802) versus 'ishshah (Strong's H801):
http://www.eliyah.com/cgi-bin/strongs.cgi?file=hebrewlexicon&isindex=%27ishshah+

I think there was a thread about it on here, somewhere... :idunno

I agree that a nuclear weapon makes the most literal sense.

KissyLoves
March 28th, 2011, 10:14 PM
After Years of War and Abuse, New Hope for Ancient Babylon
By JOHN NOBLE WILFORD
Published: March 22, 2010

The most immediate threat to preserving the ruins of Babylon, the site of one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, is water soaking the ground and undermining what is left in present-day Iraq of a great city from the time of King Nebuchadnezzar II.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/23/science/23babylon.html?_r=1&ref=global-home

Decided to do a little research on the red heifer, Babylon, Temple Mount, etc. just to see what's going on with 'em. This was interesting to me.

hurryupJesus
March 28th, 2011, 10:23 PM
In terms of prophecy timeline, does Babylon have to be rebuilt in order for the Antichrist to come to power? Is that where he will reside? I am wondering how this all fits together.