PDA

View Full Version : The Biblical Argument for the Rebuilding of Babylon *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

BPN03
July 17th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Literal Babylon will not be an economic powerhouse in the next 50 years. People love to mention Dubai, but as large as it has become in the last 20 years it is still nothing compared to what Babylon should be. It will be the largest most prosperous city in the world. These kinds of things don't just pop up. They take decades or centuries to build. Either we are a ways off from the trib or we are talking about another Babylon. That's just my opinion. I can see scripture supporting several other scenarios for Babylon.

JFrancisco
July 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Literal Babylon will not be an economic powerhouse in the next 50 years. People love to mention Dubai, but as large as it has become in the last 20 years it is still nothing compared to what Babylon should be. It will be the largest most prosperous city in the world. These kinds of things don't just pop up. They take decades or centuries to build. Either we are a ways off from the trib or we are talking about another Babylon. That's just my opinion. I can see scripture supporting several other scenarios for Babylon.

So when scripture talks about Jerusalem is it maybe Hong Kong or Moscow? What scripture supports claiming some other city is babylon?

Just because your mind can't comprehend something doesn't mean it can't happen. God says Babylon, I believe Babylon.

Or Jerusalem is Topeka and Magog is Alberta. etc

I think a review of hermeneutics is in order.

TBRSoon
July 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Sorry but nothing out there really has to happen for the rapture to occur and for war to break out. Babylon is out there and honestly does it really matter whether it's Rome or Dubai or some other country?

Seriously it could also be Europe (the EU). Have you seen the EU Parliament Building?? It looks like a replica of the Tower of Babel!!!

See for yourself...

http://biblelight.net/tower-painting-parliament.jpg

Gam
July 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM

I agree with you BPNO3, I choose to follow God's leading in Rev. 17:9 He is giving His wisdom to any who will open their hearts to the truth. I believe the 7 mountains are exactly that, 7 mountains! I refuse to believe mens musings as to what they think
Mystery babylon is, because it doesn't serve their purpose or agenda. I mean, what are "My people" doing in babylon, when did purple and scarlet become popular, in babylon? And on and on it goes. Heed God's warning people, read God's word and
listen. And as long as we are being literal,, always remember, Israel is NOT the modern day church!

icebear
July 17th, 2011, 05:07 PM
it could be one of a few areas not heavily damaged by disasters and the first series of judgments. perhaps people will flock to it and make it a major city with an accumulation of pooled resources instead of trying to rebuild destroyed major cities...?

Gam
July 17th, 2011, 05:24 PM
it could be one of a few areas not heavily damaged by disasters and the first series of judgments. perhaps people will flock to it and make it a major city with an accumulation of pooled resources instead of trying to rebuild destroyed major cities...?

Hi icebear :wave I suppose "it" could be alot of things. We could let our minds
imagine all day long. This is why it is important to follow the leading of God, when He gives it...like in Rev. 17:9. Why speculate, when the truth is set right before our eyes
by our creator? I just think God's Word is clear, and it would be smart to see his warnings as truth.

icebear
July 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM
imagine all day long. This is why it is important to follow the leading of God, when He gives it...like in Rev. 17:9. Why speculate, when the truth is set right before our eyes
by our creator? I just think God's Word is clear, and it would be smart to see his warnings as truth.

i agree, i meant the "it" as real, current babylon. maybe it will be more interesting during the trib, being such an ancient city. people will be thumbing their noses at God. what better place to go and build their repugnant city in full rebellion.

Tall Timbers
July 17th, 2011, 06:29 PM
There is babylon, which is in iraq. There is mystery babylon which is a system.

Babylon is Babylon. Jerusalem is Jerusalem. No room for speculation.

Dubai is not babylon.
New york is not babylon.
Rome is not babylon.

Babylon is babylon.

+1

JFrancisco
July 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM

The seven mountains are seven kingdoms. It is not seven literal mountains. It is speaking of mystery babylon, not literal babylon. The system that rules babylon.

Again a study of hermeneutics is in order here as there seems to be a problem telling apart the literal from the metaphorical.

Gam
July 18th, 2011, 07:08 PM
The seven mountains are seven kingdoms. It is not seven literal mountains. It is speaking of mystery babylon, not literal babylon. The system that rules babylon.

Again a study of hermeneutics is in order here as there seems to be a problem telling apart the literal from the metaphorical.

JFrancisco, I align myself with tested and true bible scholars who's hermeneutics are biblically solid such as Dave Hunt, Ed Hinson, Mike Gendron, Jim Tetlow.

Below, are a couple of links that you may find interesting and worth your time.
Regardless, the warning to "My people" to "come out of her" is yet another way God warns before pouring out His wrath. People would do well to listen to His warning.

http://www.prophecydepot.com/ ( Scroll down the page and click on "The coming World Religion" Radio Interviews) look for picture of woman in red riding the beast.

Dave Reagan writes a pro and con article on "Mystery Babylon" but I think it's clear he leans toward the Rome concept over the Babylon concept.
http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_issues19-php or you can go to past "Lamplighter" magazine issues (on the Lamb and Lion home page), and look for July/August 2009 issue, then look for article "Mystery Babylon".

There are also articles by Ed Hinson on the internet if you combine his name and Mystery Babylon.