PDA

View Full Version : The Biblical Argument for the Rebuilding of Babylon *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

JFrancisco
July 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM
We have two babylons here. Babylon and mystery babylon.

Babylon is literal babylon from which the antichrist will rule the new world order. First of all we have the issue of unfullfilled prophecy concerning babylon and her total destruction. I believe chapters like Zechariah 5 actually describe the preparation of Babylon for the antichrist. I don't believe that the bible leaves any room to doubt the antichrist will rule from babylon. Even the kings that revolt against the antichrist and the response of the antichrist only make sense geographically if babylon is actually babylon. daniel 11.

Mystery babylon is not rome. Mystery babylon is a system. Revelation 17 is not literal. Many people point to the 7 hills of Rome as proof. Yet Revelation 17 tells us that the 7 hills/mountains are actually kingdoms. Nothing to do with literal hills. Is the great harlot Catholacism? Yes I believe mystery babylon is the final world religion which is destroyed by the antichrist himself.

Babylon = Capital of final world government. Interesting to note that physical babylon was the first one world government that rebelled against God, ruled by the first type of antichrist given in Nimrod. Babylon was also where the time of the gentiles began with another type of antichrist in neb. Babylon is judged and destroyed by God.

Mystery Babylon = Religious system of the new world order. Not a physical or literal place. Mystery babylon will by destroyed by the antichrist.

Is babylon right now this world capital no. I don't know how it will happen but only a few months ago I couldn't figure out how Egypt would ever turn on Israel or the west. Over night egypt changed, God removed Mubarak. Can I imagine how Egypt will end up with cities that speak hebrew. No. But the bible says so. Is there specific scripture that lead you to believe babylon is not literal babylon?

I mean scripture apart from mystery babylon. Is there any scripture that describes babylon's future role that apply to some other city? If God made the distinction between Babylon and the religious order that is Mystery Babylon, wouldn't He make one between Babylon and Dubai? Babylon and Rome?

In the end for the prophecies to be fulfilled against babylon it must rise again. Otherwise Isaiah was incorrect.

dleader
July 19th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Isaiah 13-14 and Jeremiah 50-51 spell it all out. Babylon was never destroyed historically the these scriptures describe it. This must be a future event. God can allow for this city to rise up quickly. Good post JFrancisco.

gradywhite
August 2nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/End%20of%20the%20World/seat_666.htm
Rather interesting read on the tower.

Gideon300
September 2nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
If anyone hasn't read this article from pre-trib.org, read it! It is really good, and well researched!

http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/view/biblical-argument-for-rebuilding-of-babylon

Kevin
September 2nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the link!:wave

JPFord
December 29th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm impressed with the Dubai pictures, but I'm still not certain Babylon will be where old babylon sat. I'm still dong my own research.

Steve53
December 30th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I'm impressed with the Dubai pictures, but I'm still not certain Babylon will be where old babylon sat. I'm still dong my own research.

:scratch Babylon is still where Babylon "sat."

Alex
December 30th, 2011, 09:12 AM
After 25 pages, and 487 posts later, Babylon is still a mystery.

Lord I do enjoy a good mystery :lol2

JPFord
December 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM
:scratch Babylon is still where Babylon "sat."

Ancient Babylon does. I'm not sure the Babylon in Revelation is the same.

Steve53
December 30th, 2011, 07:31 PM
After 25 pages, and 487 posts later, Babylon is still a mystery.

Lord I do enjoy a good mystery :lol2

Ironic, huh? :doh

Ancient Babylon does. I'm not sure the Babylon in Revelation is the same.

Research?

After 25 pages, and 487 posts later, Babylon is still a mystery?

:whistle