PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a cigar aficionado?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hobbes
July 22nd, 2007, 11:18 AM
I am fond of CAO, Punch, and Romeo y Julieta. I like Maduro wrappers, but I also enjoy a mild blond Jamaican wrapper.

The new CAO "Sopranos" cigar is actually really good. Spicy, and a little heavy, but really smooth.

How about it? Do you have a favorite?

Hobbes
July 25th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Testing. One. Two. Three.

Is this thing on...?

50-some-odd guys and nobody has an opinion?

Have I freaked everyone out by mentioning tobacco?

If I've offended anyone, I sincerely apologize.

Grace,

H

Mentat
July 25th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Agree. I love Maduro wrapper. Most of the taste is in the rapper, but can be influenced by the shape and size.

Size: I like a Robusto or Churchill - large diameter - better flavor.

Try Hoya De Monterrey #1 - it comes in Conn and Maduro. Also Corona.

SamSeeks
July 26th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I'm more of a pipe man myself, though I haven't availed myself of its charms in a couple of years now. Thus, no real comments on cigars!

As they say, close but no cigar...(sorry, I couldn't resist it...)

Sam

Hobbes
August 4th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Mentat -

Thanks for the suggestion about the Hoya de Monterrey. I'll look for it next week.

Sam -

Pipes are great, too. My brother-in-law smokes one. He uses a very mild, sweet tobacco - Captain Black, I think.

Had a Padron last week - very nice. Medium to heavy, but very smooth.

It's amazing how much of a difference it makes getting a cigar that's been stored in the proper humidity. Much better flavor and slower burn.:thumb

icebear
August 7th, 2007, 08:02 AM
whats the basic pricing on decent cigars?

i'd like to get some good ones for the hubby, but i don't want to be totally unprepared going into the store to buy. What should i look for?

Wally
August 7th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I had my first cigar at age 8......
After discovering how to remove a lung with out surgery, I chose to abstain from tobacco.

Still, there was this train shop in Gettysburg PA. Mr Gilbert smoked a pipe and used cherry tobacco. I loved the scent.

Mentat
August 7th, 2007, 10:58 PM
whats the basic pricing on decent cigars?

i'd like to get some good ones for the hubby, but i don't want to be totally unprepared going into the store to buy. What should i look for?

Depends - Plan on $4 to $8 per cigar when bought by the box. $5 and up for individual cigar. If you don't have a humidor, don't buy a box.

CAO Gold is the perfect answer to your cigar needs, if you are looking to start with a classic cigar blend. This cigar is currently one of the best-selling brands in the country. It is a perfectly mild, Nicaraguan cigar that features a creamy smoke that simply swirls in your mouth. The line has two different sizes that were recently rated 90+ (outstanding).

tom_roberts
August 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Jamaican wrapper:)

stormtrooper
August 8th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I like Arturo Fuente and Partagas. Nothing like a good cigar after a day of hunting or fishing. Last time I went hunting one of the guys with us handed out some expensive cigars. Wish I could remember the name of it because it was most enjoyable.