PDA

View Full Version : Emergent Rob Bell *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

true2yeshua
August 16th, 2007, 08:58 AM
After all of this, Rob began to ask, "How do we proclaim this then?"
People come to Jesus in all sorts of ways. When we start boxing it in to a certain way, we are keeping people from coming to Jesus.

Blasphemy!

Rob then goes into the term "life in the age to come." Many interpret this as that other life after we die, but interestingly the Jewish people did not talk about forever that much, and when they did, they treated it with such reverence because only God could comprehend such things. The term they used for this was olam haba, or "harmony with God." In Matthew 19:16, one asks Jesus how to get olam haba, and Jesus says, "keep the commandments."

Bell is attempting to portray the clearly written Word of God into a 'mystical writing' unattainable to the common man! When one is born again the Holy Spirit guides into all Truth. How dare this man, and his wife, portray our Father's Word as something that is beyond comprehension!

Rob says that the cross is not just about personal salvation. "If we shrink the whole gospel down to individual souls, it is NOT the true gospel. Jesus is always warning to be careful when you have discussion of who's in or out and vice versa. Ironically enough, he seems to insist that those who think they're in may be out and those who think they're out may be in.

Clever the way he is twisting Scripture's clear intent. The Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are the called it is the power of God. Christ commands us to judge: 1) fruits of those that profess Him (for our protection/not salvation); 2) Preachers/teachers of His Word:

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. Mt 7:15 (thru v 20)

Notice how Bell slides into 'goats and sheep' as though no one can know they are His Sheep. This is a misapplication of Mt 7:21-23 to mean that many who say to me Lord, Lord will be surprised to discover that Christ never knew them. This verse refers to religiousity vs. relationship. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Mt 7:23). In this passage, Christ is clearly distinguishing between those who do religious things, but for their own glorification among men, to assuage guilty conscience or because they think it is what is 'expected of them' by God. The separation of goats and sheeps is better understood as we who enjoy a personal and abiding relationship with Christ - ie, spend time in prayer, studying the Word, obeying commandments, surrendered to His Spirit - directing, guiding, chastising, etc. vs those who have a Pharisical-type religiousity and merely 'go through the motions'. As our Lord referred to - persons who have Christ on their lips but whose hearts are afar off!

Billy Graham, "I believe the love of God is absolute. He said he gave his Son for the whole world, and I think he loves everybody, regardless of what label they have."

Rob says that "we invite people to trust Jesus wherever they are on their journey." At Mars Hill we call it the theology of the "clicks." Where is the next click for you? Our salvation is continuing to be worked out as we grow closer to Jesus.

The death knell of ecumenicalism has been resounding for decades, but has accelerated as we approach the end of the age. The arrogance is staggering! God has appointed One Mediator - the Lord Jesus Christ - and it is irrelevant as to whether men 'accept' that or not. God the Father does not receive prayers offered to pagan gods and those who offer such are horribly lost, but those who preach the 'wide road' will be answerable to God.

Rob then quoted Richard Rohr regarding salvation:

"My simple definition of salvation would be when one begins to live in conscious union with God. Salvation is holistic in nature.

This is the gospel according to Deepak Chopra! :ohno

It is my prayer that all who read these warnings heed them to the salvation of their souls!

Shalom in Christ

Benjamin
August 29th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Heretic. His lies are discusting and perverse- straight from the mouth of satan.

Benjamin
August 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I hear in his new book "Sex God" he throws an attack at the doctrine of the Trinity now.

Just when I thought he couldn't get any more arrogant and blasphemous he decides to terrorize his audience with another new lie.

hilhill
August 30th, 2007, 11:09 PM
The more I read about him, the more I become concerned with friends who just LOVE Rob Bell and his Nooma videos, etc...... ugh.

countmeworthy
August 30th, 2007, 11:33 PM
My problem with Rob Bell and this emergent church thing... is I have NO CLUE what he/they are saying.

It's gibberish to me! It is soo out there, even if there was truth in what he is/they are saying, I would not be able to understand it!!

I've tried to read up on the 'emergent church' and even that makes no sense to me. The Buddhist teachings make more sense than what is being spewed out and for the record I am NOT regarding the buddhist way of life at all!

What is the draw to his teachings? I don't get it!! ?? And whatever has been quoted on this board by him is not drawing me close to God at all.

countmeworthy
August 31st, 2007, 01:15 PM
Oh...and you know what?? :lol2

Back in 1998 or 99, I was visiting a friend in Michigan who had visited Mars Hill. I told her what a neat name for a church because of Paul's Gospel at Mars Hill in Acts.

So when I arrived from a different state, we went to Mars Hill. Rob Bell was a young guy & not having been to a church service in years, I didn't know what to make of it. :scratch

He started his sermon by blowing bubbles from a toy..I don't remember what he preached...that's how memorable it was for me.

Anyway...as far as I'm concerned...Just teach/preach the Word straight from the Bible and we ALL should be reading/meditating/studying the Bible so we don't always rely on a preacher/teacher always explaining the Word of God to us.

God gave us all brains, a spirit to understand what the Holy Spirit is teaching us and the Word of God for us to study & meditate over so we can also be sharing the gospel with unbelievers and encouraging one another in the Faith!

I Believe!!!
September 1st, 2007, 12:20 AM
Yikes.....yes, one to avoid most definitely! Very new agey.

I Believe!!!
September 1st, 2007, 12:41 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!:ohno Man, I tell you it's like there's a shady character for every mainstream church being used to attempt to milk Christians out of the true Gospel. It's just amazing how these churches are being attacked!

I'm so sorry for you, thank God you are alert to protect your family!:hug

Funny thing, I was just talking with my father in law about how bad our mainstream churches are getting (the leadership that is). He commented that the Baptists are pretty solid and I was sad to inform him that all of them are being infiltrated.

Buzzardhut
September 1st, 2007, 12:52 AM
Baptist, Evangelical Free, Independent Bible Churches, not sure about Calvary Chapel.

I Believe!!!
September 1st, 2007, 01:00 AM
Baptist, Evangelical Free, Independent Bible Churches, not sure about Calvary Chapel.

Sorry, I'm a bit tired tonight.....I'm not sure what you mean.:scratch:wave