PDA

View Full Version : Emergent Rob Bell *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

billiefan2000
September 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Yikes.....yes, one to avoid most definitely! Very new agey.

I agree he is new agey

WhitemoonG
September 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Right ON! everybody in your analysis of Rob Bell. All over the place, young people list Rob Bell as a great influence, as "refreshing," "exciting," a "breath of fresh air," and all over the place young Christian youth list "Velvet Elvis" as on the top of this list of favorite books.

Bell makes his great inroads by sounding hip and cool and questioning what some view as the boring, staid, and almost seemingly divisive and "offensive" teachings and doctrine of the church, that for many modern day folks "just doesn't do it for ME," etc. (notice, modern emphasis is always centered around "ME").

There are many young people, warned that Bell denies the fundamental teachings of Christianity, such as the Virgin Birth, Deity of Christ, Salvation through his shed blood for sin on the Cross, etc. who often respond with various versions of "he doesn't do that." They point to his "Statement of faith," that is slickly worded, as is so much of his junk, to make it sort of SEEM to affirm belief in the core doctrines of the faith, while actually systematically watering it down and demolishing it, in very subtle ways. This, is why the guy is so DANGEROUS.

In his book, early on, he ridicules doctrines as rigid bricks, that divide and offend, and derides "Brickianity" in a very sneering manner.

He states that ALL of the core doctrines that make Christianity and the Lord Jesus totally DISTINCT from any other belief systems, are like spokes on a trampoline, and that any of the spokes might break at times, and any spoke isn't essential as long as the majority hold up, and that what matters is how we JUMP on the trampoline, not that all spokes hold up.

A fancy way of saying that it DOESN'T MATTER if ANY of the core doctrines of the faith is right or wrong, it only matters how we live!

Stated differently, ANY of the core beliefs MIGHT be wrong, but it doesn't matter!

He also writes that Jesus died for all, therefore all are saved, whether acknowledging him OR NOT! Blatantly unscriptural!

He also states that since God and Jesus are everywhere, when missionaries go to the remotest tribes on earth, it really is just of a waste of time, and a JOKE on the missionaries, because "Jesus has already always been there, " etc.

He also comments on Peter sinking on the Sea of Galilee as not a problem of Peter's faith in the Lord, but, the REAL problem is Peter didn't have enough faith IN HIMSELF! He says that God had faith in Peter, but Peter didn't faith in Peter, etc.! Humanistic garbage!

Unfortunately, especially with young people and youth groups all over the country and world, Rob Bell is sweeping through like wildfire, and his slick deceptive appeal has suckered thousands into diving into his Schtik with permanent consequences.

Please, not only keep your antennas up, but go actively searching in your church's youth programs and warn people enough to at least pause and check this guy out more carefully.

Could go on and on, but nuff for now!

zhan
September 6th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Baptist, Evangelical Free, Independent Bible Churches, not sure about Calvary Chapel.

Hey Buzzardhut, where do you see it sneaking into the Evangelical Free? I started going to one of them recently and want to know what to keep an eye open for. I should note that my church and pastor seem pretty solid biblically so far thankfully :).

I do know they recently spent a lot of time/argument on redoing their statement of faith and structure, and the part about all the E-free churches being independent was removed. I don't know if it's been finalized yet though. It hasn't really trickled down yet.

It was one of those things that made me raise an eyebrow though. Not that it was emergent or anything, but that usually when some person or group grabs for power like that, change isn't too far behind.

JoelH
September 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I think both the Evangelical Free and Christian and Missionary Alliance in the United States have recently removed the absolute adherence to premillennial stance in prophecy in their statements of beliefs, though not in any Asian countries' organizations yet. And have they added anything that smacks of "we will support interdenominational evangelism and interreligious social activism" or softening towards ecumenism?

goinghome
October 5th, 2007, 12:08 AM
It's just shocking how obviously in error these types are. I'd like to believe that only people who have never heard the gospel would go for this, but I know that it's not that way. Bible believing, although possibly scripturally illiterate, people are falling for this. I don't get it! It has to be the end times because I don't think any time in history has been so full of error welcomed with so many open arms.

Buzzardhut
October 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM
From the Way of the Master radio

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/28/434697/Bell.mp3

Gospel Messenjah
November 16th, 2007, 06:02 PM
????

Because_He_Lives!
November 16th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Oh Sing... where are you?? :)

FunMudder
November 16th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Gobs of it. Go flip through the posts in this forum and you will find quite abit. Try the search feature to :D

The short version: He is the darling of the Emergent Church and all the sludge that goes along with it.

A Berean
November 17th, 2007, 01:31 PM
:bricks "Brickianity" indeed :ohno!!