PDA

View Full Version : Emergent Rob Bell *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Just Ron
February 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I saw a copy of that book in the Christian bookstore here in town. :tsk

I didn't open it.

inhisglory2007
February 10th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks Sing4Him for the post. Very informative. I am finely getting a better understanding of the emergent church and their belief system (Paradigm).
It also sickens me to see this stuff passed off as evangelical christian material. It belongs in the New Age section of the book store, and definetly does not belong in christian book stores.

WhitemoonG
February 11th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Rob Bell and his seemingly inspiring, charming, thought provoking schtik ( to some ) is actually hideous, deceptive and DANGEROUS. Unfortunately, he has already wreaked widespread, and often permanent, damage to churches, believers and pseudobelievers everywhere, particularly in youth groups and ministries. Sadly, there are voluminous young people with their "my space" things, and youth pastors on web sites (who should know better) who just rave and rave about Bell being so special and uplifting and what not.

As the post says, in "Velvet Elvis," Bell wastes no time at sneering at inflexible Christian teaching and doctrine as "Brickianity." As for the basic CORE beliefs of Christianity, the Deity of Christ, Virgin Birth, Resurrection, Sacrificial redemption, etc. Bell basically states that each is like the Spokes on a trampoline, and that each may or MAY NOT be true, but that it DOESN'T MATTER. DOESN'T MATTER if any or some may be false, because they are like spokes on a trampoline, and there are other spokes to pick up the slack, etc.

To Bell, ANY of the core beliefs of Christianity may or may not be true, and we can't ever really know, but it only matters HOW WE LIVE, i.e. JUMP ON THE TRAMPOLINE!

Other gems in his hideous "masterpiece" include clear statements that believers have the option and OBLIGATION to constantly re-interpret scripture over and over in order to mean (or NOT mean) just about whatever anyone wants it to mean, so as to be "relevant" to each time and year and era, and inoffensive, etc.

He also states clearly that Christ died for all, and basically everyone and everything is saved, WHETHER AN INDIVIDUAL ACKNOWLEDGES JESUS CHRIST OR NOT.

Salvation is the creator unifying himself and becoming one with his creation.

Bell states that since Christ is everywhere, and died for all, and all are "saved," it's kind of a "joke's on you" situation for faithful missionaries who dedicate(d) entire lives to translating scripture and bringing the gospel to far reaches of the world, only to see that Christ was always there, and all and everything is saved anyway! (So therefore, stupid missionaries, what a pointless waste! What Great Commission?)

He also states that when Peter briefly walked on the Sea of Galilee, then sank, the problem was NOT Peter's faith in THE LORD, but that Peter didn't have enough faith IN HIMSELF!! God has faith in Peter, only Peter didn't have faith in Peter! (can you spell, POSSIBILITY THINKING? Normal Vincent Peale redux Schuller 'Hour of Power')

There is lots of other flowery twaddle in "Velvet Elvis," enough to beat Ipecac!

This is not even to mention Bell's subsequent jewel, "Sex God," "exploring the endless connections between Spirituality, Sexuality and God," or some other idiotic advertising phrase like that.

Bell's garbage was given a negligent, nondiscerning pass into our church's youth and Sunday School programs, with many of the youth bonding to him and it like it was the best ,most inspiring spiritual resource ever. When our own son, mature enough to see something very wrong here, brought it to our attention, we Privately, in accordance with biblical principles, brought it to the attention to church leadership, assuming they somehow must not be aware of Bell and how bad and dangerous his stuff is. We were ignored for quite some time, then allowed to voice concerns (privately) to leadership that was skeptical of us, and only rather grudgingly willing to even meet and discuss it. We were then labelled and slandered as divisive troublemakers, and subtly shunned and ostracized.

Then, a year and a half later, we received an interesting note from church leadership informing us that they had concluded that Bell is wrong and bad for youth, or anyone else, for that matter.

We were pleased to see that, but considering the many who have been confused and led over the edge by the church promoting and tolerating this garbage, in many cases irretrievably, over the last year and a half, it is still troubling when considering it took me all of TEN MINUTES to get that stupid book, "VELVET ELVIS" and see quite plainly how flagrantly unscriptural and dangerously misleading it is.

The church taking ten minutes plus a year and a half, to acknowledge the same, sadly reflects spiritual negligence and arrogance that is all too rampant in these Laodicean days!

P.S. One thing to keep in mind when perusing or studying emergent "theology," especially crown prince, pied piper Brian McClaren, is that the inevitable, unavoidable conclusion in all of their stuff, is that their only real theology is NO THEOLOGY!

They can't ever talk in terms of, or admit to, any basic knowable pillars of truth, out of fear that it might seem harsh or offensive to someone. On the surface, they make a great, provocative and profound criticism of the historical church, and make it seem like they actually have some firm skeleton of core beliefs, but they actually don't or can't. It's all a big giant pile of profound sounding, intriguing, mystical, ethereal, flowery mush. It doesn't involve rejoicing in faith in Salvation and repentance in Jesus Christ, and the revealed TRUTHS of Scripture, but rather some unending, self entertaining "conversation" that never concludes anything, but provides some pseudo excitement of the never ending "quest for truth," or whatever.

They don't preach Jesus Christ, and him crucified. They don't start churches, they "start conversations."

dlocal
February 15th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I've seen a few videos of Bell. Not really sure what to make of him.

A Berean
February 15th, 2008, 08:04 PM
He's deluded with Doctrines of Demons :tsk.

billiefan2000
February 29th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Bill Muehlenberg review of Rob Bell and his Vintage Elvis

http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.com/article.php/3161/Bill_Muehlenberg

true2yeshua
March 1st, 2008, 08:08 AM
Rob Bell has been exposed as a wolf; yet, he remains thinly 'veiled' in sheepskin to those incapable of discerning the fangs that drip with poison. :ohno The believer's ability to discern truth from error is directly related to how often we saturate our minds in the Word of Truth!

May we each pray that those sitting under teachers who proclaim everything but Christ and Him crucified, the Power of God unto Salvation, be granted wisdom, from God, to see error and seek out a sound bible preaching church. :pray

Maranatha!

billiefan2000
March 3rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
http://www.sliceoflaodicea.com/?p=422

Rob Bell is “Open” to New Age Thought

Rob Bell’s mystical mythology of man is addressed by Rev. Ken Silva in this new piece from Apprising Ministries.

Silva points out that Rob Bell openly promotes Ken Wilber who says about himself:

“…a longtime practicing Buddhist, and many of the key ideas in my approach are Buddhist or Buddhist inspired. First and foremost, Nagarjuna and Madhyamika philosophy: pure Emptiness and primordial purity is the “central philosophy” of my approach as well.”

Online Source

Here’s what emerging celebrity Bell has to say about him as teacher:

For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything. (Velvet Elvis, 192, endnote 143)

Click on the Online Source link above to see the New Age heresy that Wilbur is promoting.

Rob Bell is simply telling us all what he really believes.

His teachings are pointing us to rank heresy. Any pastor who allows Bell’s materials into his church is exposing his church members to this kind of teaching.

billiefan2000
March 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM

Rob Bell’s mystical mythology of man is addressed by Rev. Ken Silva in this new piece from Apprising Ministries.

Silva points out that Rob Bell openly promotes Ken Wilber who says about himself:

“…a longtime practicing Buddhist, and many of the key ideas in my approach are Buddhist or Buddhist inspired. First and foremost, Nagarjuna and Madhyamika philosophy: pure Emptiness and primordial purity is the “central philosophy” of my approach as well.”

Online Source

Here’s what emerging celebrity Bell has to say about him as teacher:

For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything. (Velvet Elvis, 192, endnote 143)

Click on the Online Source link above to see the New Age heresy that Wilbur is promoting.

Rob Bell is simply telling us all what he really believes.

His teachings are pointing us to rank heresy. Any pastor who allows Bell’s materials into his church is exposing his church members to this kind of teaching.

http://www.apprising.org/archives/2008/03/aopena_creation.html

“OPEN” CREATION OF ROB BELL

Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in My anger, ‘'They shall never enter my rest.’ ” And yet His work has been finished since the creation of the world. For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “And on the seventh day God rested from all his work.” (Hebrews 4:3-4)

Rob Bell’s Growing Mystical Mythology Of Man

Below follows a partial transcription of “Open,” which is the latest Nooma video by Rob Bell of the emerging church.

In his effort to please people, it sure seems to me that Bell has now so far over-emphasized the humanity of Christ that he has all but lost His Deity in the process.

Those familiar with liberal theology can also tell you it would teach virtually the same thing as Bell does below;

right down to the idea that “Jesus took very seriously the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with.”

In “Open” Rob Bells tells us:

Now to understand why Jesus prays like this, we have to understand that Jesus took very seriously

the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with. And in this creation poem God creates, but God creates things that are capable of creating more, and so God creates trees but then gives trees the ability to create more.

God creates animals and plants and fish but then empowers them to create more. And then God creates people, and gives them the ability to create more.

So everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world. Now, when you create, you always run the risk that what you’ve created, won’t turn out how you wanted it to, it may go a different direction, it may not be everything you intended it to be. It may veer off course, and it may break your heart.

And so, this creative energy, this divine creative energy that brought everything into existence it takes great risk in creating, but at the same time it works in a very specific way. It brings order out of chaos, so the Genesis creation poem says that it was wild and waste, chaos and void, and out of this God began the endless process of bringing design and order and beauty.

So when Jesus prays, He’s tapping into this divine creative energy that made everything.

And so prayer, for Jesus, it was not this passive, acceptance of well, I guess this is just how its gonna be, and it wasn’t this active kind of rebellion against

I’ll dictate the future for Jesus prayer was being open to the God who’s at work here and now,

but to be open to the creative working of God in the world here and now you have to be honest ,

so when Jesus is saying things like is there any way for this cup to be taken so I don’t have

to drink it He’s being brutally honest with God, God I don’t really want to go through this.

Like it says in the book of Psalms chapter 13 where the writer says God, how long will, will you forget me forever, how long will you hide your face from me?

Jesus came from a long tradition of people who saw prayer as brutal honesty with God.

Some people think that half of the psalms were laments, people grieving and outpouring their anguish in times of great suffering and torment, people shaking their fist at God, challenging God, doubting with God, wrestling with God, questioning God.

Apprising Ministries wants you to know how critical it is to note that there’s a whole lot more going on here than Jesus taking the creation poem “seriously.” You see, Christ Jesus of Nazareth is our Creator Himself in human flesh, and as such, the Master is the One about Whom this historical account of the creation is poetically—and literally—speaking of:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth... In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3)

For our purposes here in this particular piece we will zero in on the idea that mankind is essentially co-creators with God, which Bell ends up advancing when he says:

everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world.

But make no mistake; the Jesus of the Bible is God. You are not God, and you cannot participate in creation in the sense used of our Lord. And in our text above we have already seen from the Bible that — His — Christ’s i.e. God’s — work — in creation — was finished since the creation of the world so He doesn’t need you to.

Harnessing “Creative Energy” To Create

It’s also interesting that Bell’s mythical man-centered musings about this so-called “creative energy” above is also very close to that of Word Faith cult leader Kenneth Copeland:

Words create pictures, and pictures in your mind create words. And then the words come back out your mouth....

And when that spiritual force comes out it is going to give substance to the image that’s on the inside of you. Aw, that’s that visualization stuff!

Aw, that’s that New Age!

No, New Age is trying to do this; and they’d get somewhat results out of it because this is spiritual law, brother. (Believer’s Voice of Victory (television program), TBN, 28 March 1991.) (Online source)

And speaking of New Age, I’m afraid it gets even worse for those following Rob Bell.

In her piece Rob Bell Video: We Are Co-Creators With God over at Slice of Laodicea Ingrid Schlueter brings out a couple of other very important points:

Rob Bell begins his video with the same emotional storytelling that his other emerging peers like to use.

While there are still tears on the face of his readers,

he inserts something heretical

and wraps it all up with some devotional idea that nobody would argue with.

We participate with God in the creation of the world?

This is rank heresy that abounds in New Age teachings. The idea that we are co-creators with God is a key tenant of New Age belief.

We are all co-creators with God, they say. God needs us to carry his creation forward. (Online source)

That the teachings of Rob Bell and others in the Emergent Church would eventually begin to mirror those of New Age teachers really shouldn’t come as any surprise considering the voluminous amount of false teachers they personally read, quote from, and then recommend to their Emergent disciples.

Take for example Marcus Borg the heretical Christ-hating member of the spiritually bankrupt Jesus Seminar,

whose book The Heart of Christianity Bell enthusiastically recommends in Velvet Elvis (VE) [endnotes 1; 57]. And then there’s Ken Wilbur, who is on record telling us he’s:

a longtime practicing Buddhist, and many of the key ideas in my approach are Buddhist or Buddhist inspired.

First and foremost, Nagarjuna and Madhyamika philosophy: pure Emptiness and primordial purity is the “central philosophy” of my approach as well.

(Online source)

And yet right in his book VE itself Rob Bell heartily recommends the unbelieving Wilber to teach us his pagan view concerning “divine” creativity:

For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything. (192, endnote 143)

Well, no wonder Bell is revealing he knows so little idea about the creation of the universe.

Because the sad truth is, if one reads enough of these kinds of fools with their vacuous mystic meandering speculations about how they wish God, or “pure Emptiness,” might be then you’re bound to see your own teachings becoming corrupted. And sadly, such is the case of Rob Bell.

As far as the creation, as we close this for now, we turn to Dr. Henry Morris,

author of the classic devotional commentary The Genesis Record and the founder of the Institute for Creation Research.

In his article The Finished Works of Creation Morris, known by many as “the father of the modern creation-science movement”, says of our opening Scripture text above:

Here is a strong New Testament confirmation of the Genesis record of a creation completed in the past-thus not continuing in the present as theistic evolutionists have to assume. Whatever processes God may have used during the six days of creation, they are no longer in operation for “the heavens and the earth were finished, . . . on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made. . . .

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made” (Genesis 2:1-3).
The record in Genesis could not be more clear and specific, but the fact that it is in Genesis tends to demean it in the minds of many scientists and theologians. So they prefer to believe in a continuing evolution and long ages in the past. But the writer of Hebrews once again confirms the fact of a completed creation: “For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His” (Hebrews 4:10).

The writer is not trying to defend the completed creation as such, but merely assuming it as a commonly acknowledged truth.
(Online source)
See also:

billiefan2000
March 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM

“OPEN” CREATION OF ROB BELL

Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in My anger, ‘'They shall never enter my rest.’ ” And yet His work has been finished since the creation of the world. For somewhere He has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “And on the seventh day God rested from all his work.” (Hebrews 4:3-4)

Rob Bell’s Growing Mystical Mythology Of Man

Below follows a partial transcription of “Open,” which is the latest Nooma video by Rob Bell of the emerging church.

In his effort to please people, it sure seems to me that Bell has now so far over-emphasized the humanity of Christ that he has all but lost His Deity in the process.

Those familiar with liberal theology can also tell you it would teach virtually the same thing as Bell does below;

right down to the idea that “Jesus took very seriously the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with.”

In “Open” Rob Bells tells us:

Now to understand why Jesus prays like this, we have to understand that Jesus took very seriously

the creation poem Genesis that the Bible begins with. And in this creation poem God creates, but God creates things that are capable of creating more, and so God creates trees but then gives trees the ability to create more.

God creates animals and plants and fish but then empowers them to create more. And then God creates people, and gives them the ability to create more.

So everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world. Now, when you create, you always run the risk that what you’ve created, won’t turn out how you wanted it to, it may go a different direction, it may not be everything you intended it to be. It may veer off course, and it may break your heart.

And so, this creative energy, this divine creative energy that brought everything into existence it takes great risk in creating, but at the same time it works in a very specific way. It brings order out of chaos, so the Genesis creation poem says that it was wild and waste, chaos and void, and out of this God began the endless process of bringing design and order and beauty.

So when Jesus prays, He’s tapping into this divine creative energy that made everything.

And so prayer, for Jesus, it was not this passive, acceptance of well, I guess this is just how its gonna be, and it wasn’t this active kind of rebellion against

I’ll dictate the future for Jesus prayer was being open to the God who’s at work here and now,

but to be open to the creative working of God in the world here and now you have to be honest ,

so when Jesus is saying things like is there any way for this cup to be taken so I don’t have

to drink it He’s being brutally honest with God, God I don’t really want to go through this.

Like it says in the book of Psalms chapter 13 where the writer says God, how long will, will you forget me forever, how long will you hide your face from me?

Jesus came from a long tradition of people who saw prayer as brutal honesty with God.

Some people think that half of the psalms were laments, people grieving and outpouring their anguish in times of great suffering and torment, people shaking their fist at God, challenging God, doubting with God, wrestling with God, questioning God.

Apprising Ministries wants you to know how critical it is to note that there’s a whole lot more going on here than Jesus taking the creation poem “seriously.” You see, Christ Jesus of Nazareth is our Creator Himself in human flesh, and as such, the Master is the One about Whom this historical account of the creation is poetically—and literally—speaking of:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth... In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3)

For our purposes here in this particular piece we will zero in on the idea that mankind is essentially co-creators with God, which Bell ends up advancing when he says:

everything in creation is essentially unfinished, God leaves the world unfinished, and invites people to take part in the ongoing creation of the world.

But make no mistake; the Jesus of the Bible is God. You are not God, and you cannot participate in creation in the sense used of our Lord. And in our text above we have already seen from the Bible that — His — Christ’s i.e. God’s — work — in creation — was finished since the creation of the world so He doesn’t need you to.

Harnessing “Creative Energy” To Create

It’s also interesting that Bell’s mythical man-centered musings about this so-called “creative energy” above is also very close to that of Word Faith cult leader Kenneth Copeland:

Words create pictures, and pictures in your mind create words. And then the words come back out your mouth....

And when that spiritual force comes out it is going to give substance to the image that’s on the inside of you. Aw, that’s that visualization stuff!

Aw, that’s that New Age!

No, New Age is trying to do this; and they’d get somewhat results out of it because this is spiritual law, brother. (Believer’s Voice of Victory (television program), TBN, 28 March 1991.) (Online source)

And speaking of New Age, I’m afraid it gets even worse for those following Rob Bell.

In her piece Rob Bell Video: We Are Co-Creators With God over at Slice of Laodicea Ingrid Schlueter brings out a couple of other very important points:

Rob Bell begins his video with the same emotional storytelling that his other emerging peers like to use.

While there are still tears on the face of his readers,

he inserts something heretical

and wraps it all up with some devotional idea that nobody would argue with.

We participate with God in the creation of the world?

This is rank heresy that abounds in New Age teachings. The idea that we are co-creators with God is a key tenant of New Age belief.

We are all co-creators with God, they say. God needs us to carry his creation forward. (Online source)

That the teachings of Rob Bell and others in the Emergent Church would eventually begin to mirror those of New Age teachers really shouldn’t come as any surprise considering the voluminous amount of false teachers they personally read, quote from, and then recommend to their Emergent disciples.

Take for example Marcus Borg the heretical Christ-hating member of the spiritually bankrupt Jesus Seminar,

whose book The Heart of Christianity Bell enthusiastically recommends in Velvet Elvis (VE) [endnotes 1; 57]. And then there’s Ken Wilbur, who is on record telling us he’s:

a longtime practicing Buddhist, and many of the key ideas in my approach are Buddhist or Buddhist inspired.

First and foremost, Nagarjuna and Madhyamika philosophy: pure Emptiness and primordial purity is the “central philosophy” of my approach as well.

(Online source)

And yet right in his book VE itself Rob Bell heartily recommends the unbelieving Wilber to teach us his pagan view concerning “divine” creativity:

For a mind-blowing introduction to emergence theory and divine creativity, set aside three months and read Ken Wilber’s A Brief History of Everything. (192, endnote 143)

Well, no wonder Bell is revealing he knows so little idea about the creation of the universe.

Because the sad truth is, if one reads enough of these kinds of fools with their vacuous mystic meandering speculations about how they wish God, or “pure Emptiness,” might be then you’re bound to see your own teachings becoming corrupted. And sadly, such is the case of Rob Bell.

As far as the creation, as we close this for now, we turn to Dr. Henry Morris,

author of the classic devotional commentary The Genesis Record and the founder of the Institute for Creation Research.

In his article The Finished Works of Creation Morris, known by many as “the father of the modern creation-science movement”, says of our opening Scripture text above:

Here is a strong New Testament confirmation of the Genesis record of a creation completed in the past-thus not continuing in the present as theistic evolutionists have to assume. Whatever processes God may have used during the six days of creation, they are no longer in operation for “the heavens and the earth were finished, . . . on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made. . . .

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made” (Genesis 2:1-3).
The record in Genesis could not be more clear and specific, but the fact that it is in Genesis tends to demean it in the minds of many scientists and theologians. So they prefer to believe in a continuing evolution and long ages in the past. But the writer of Hebrews once again confirms the fact of a completed creation: “For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His” (Hebrews 4:10).

The writer is not trying to defend the completed creation as such, but merely assuming it as a commonly acknowledged truth.
(Online source)
See also:

http://www.apprising.org/archives/2008/03/rob_bell_and_ne_1.html

ROB BELL AND NEW AGE GURU MARIANNE WILLIAMSON

Below here at Apprising Ministries you will see beyond a shadow of a doubt that emerging church pastor Rob Bell agrees with New Age priestess Marianne Williamson concerning the nature of man. The question that needs to be asked is: What kind of a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ could agree with the lie from the pit of Hell you'll see within? But it is this kind of lunacy in the Lord that we are getting leaders in the Emergent Church like the Elvis of Emergent Rob Bell.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:6-8)

Rob Bell Still Scratching Those Itching Ears

Emergent Church pastor Rob Bell went out on tour with his latest mythical mystic musing: The gods Aren’t Angry. In Emergent Church Pastor Rob Bell Recites the Mystic Mantra for the New Evangelical Religion of Man’s Love of Self I quote Bell himself as he says:

There is a greatness [in mankind]. The writer here [of Psalm 8] uses the word “glory and honor” that resides in every single human being. Fragile and yet filled with the potential for glory and honor. I love how Nelson Mandela puts it in one of his writings. He says, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”
And then he concludes by saying, “Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. We were born to manifest the glory—put on display, to show—the glory of God that is within us.” He says, “you may be a dirt clod, but there is greatness and power and glory that resides in every singe human being.”
(Week 330 05/29/05, audio sermon 12:27-13:28, transcription on file)
Bell, in context, is absolutely not speaking about believers who are in Christ. He is clearly talking about all of mankind in general when he says, “There is a greatness...and glory...[in mankind].” As is the quote which Bell is referencing; the one he attributes to Nelson Mandela.

But this is simply not Christian theology—For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh (Romans 7:18, NASB). And lest we get caught up in some stupid new perspective [read: revisionist history] of Paul, here is Paul’s Creator Christ Jesus of Nazareth speaking to His own disciples—“If you, then, though you are evil” (Matthew 7:11).

Let’s get this straight once and for all: Prior to the new birth—which is a new regenerated nature wherein God then comes to dwell within—there is absolutely nothing worth redeeming in mankind. In point of fact, this is what the opening text is clearly telling us—Christ died for the ungodly. But the us in that text is the elect who are in Christ; it does not refer to mankind in general.

Unless One Is Elect In Christ They Are Not Indwelt By God

And before we roll off course, you can back up the anti-Calvinist hate wagon because even Arminians believe that there is an elect in Christ. We would differ on how they get there. But the problem with the many closet inclusivists and closet universalists now slithering around in postevangelicalism and the emerging church is they are teaching that at the Cross God already redeemed all of mankind.

That’s why there is such a corresponding de-emphasis on repentance and holiness within this Emergent rebellion against the Bible. I cover some of this further in a post from last year called Rob Bell Says “All-ee in Free...Almost”. Maybe after another year of seeing more and more people come under The Spell of Rob Bell you’ll listen now.

O, and that quote from “Nelson Mandela,” to which Rob Bell referred to above; well, it wasn’t really from Mandela at all. Indeed it was not, and it now follows in full from its original source. This lovely sentiment of self (see—2 Timothy 3:2) that so deeply moves “Christian” pastor Rob Bell actually comes from the occultic book A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A COURSE IN MIRACLES by the Christ-hating New Age Guru Marianne Williamson:

‘our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us the most.’ We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, famous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world.

There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It’s not just some of us; it’s in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

And as we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

(190,191, emphasis mine)
Now if you are under the spell of Bell then I admonish you in the Lord to ask yourself this critical question:

What kind of a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ could agree with that above lie from the pit of Hell?

But it is this kind of lunacy in the Lord that we are getting leaders in the Emergent Church like the Elvis of Emergent Rob Bell.

Men and women right now, these Emergent Hollow Men like Bell and his mystic mentor Brian McLaren are leading your kids into doubt where there IS no doubt. And if I were you evangelical parents I’d take a good long look at this passage from God’s Word:

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.

Impress them on your children.

Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:5-9)

As you are now responsible for allowing these counterfeit Christian teachings from this emerging church cult of a new postliberal theology to spread their poison within the mainstream of the evangelical community by letting them teach your kids. Hear this; and you hear it good: This spiritual cyanide will kill evangelicalism just as dead as the poison from the original Cult of Liberal Theology—their evil parents—did the mainline denominations.

And of this there is no mystery...

See also:

ROB BELL IN A NUTSHELL: CONTEMPLATIVE MYSTICISM

ROB BELL: MEET YOUR SPIRITUAL FATHER

ROB BELL, YOGA MASTERS AND JESUS?

ROB BELL AND KARL BARTH

http://www.apprising.org/archives/2008/03/rob_bell_and_ne_1.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

2 Timothy 4:3-4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]boA3VAGIl6A[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]