PDA

View Full Version : Emergent Rob Bell *Merged*

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Nightelf
March 16th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Talk about spiritual opposition.

I've been trying to update my blog today with the above two Youtube videos, and they refuse to post. I keep getting an error message.... :gaah I finally gave up in frustration. :ohno

TaliaKirana
March 16th, 2011, 07:04 PM
:tsk at Bell for refusing to answer questions properly.

Blackberry
March 16th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I had never heard of this guy til a FB friend posted a link to the interview. I could not hear well (kids have company) so I half listened and read the rough transcript -- and it did not set well with me at all. I see I was right!

Blackberry
March 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM
KUDOS to that interviewer!!! Don't know if that man is a Christian or not, but he sure asked the right questions

Agreed. And he wasn't letting Bell gloss over anything either.

The interviewer is Martin Bashir, probably most famous for his 1995 interview with Princess Diana, where she said that "there were 3 of us in this marriage", effectively blowing the lid off of Charles & Camilla's affair.

Nightelf
March 16th, 2011, 07:12 PM
For what it's worth....

Bashir was born in Wandsworth, South London to Christian parents of Pakistani origin and grew up in Wandsworth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bashir

No indication here of what Bashir's personal beliefs are, but it certainly seems perhaps his Christian upbringing had some bearing upon how he questioned Rob Bell.

eternal
March 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM
That actually felt good to watch. Couldn't resist it, I sent the video links to the youth pastor. I'll be interested to hear his response......:heh

Nightelf
March 17th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Last night Rob Bell did a live video event to launch the new book "Love Wins".

http://livestre.am/F4gw or if that doesn't work http://www.livestream.com/lovewins/video?clipId=pla_9997e760-b88d-4294-91a8-142e5ed1c619
You have to put an email addy in the popup field to watch it, but you don't have to put a real one :heh

Well, this is really illuminating on how this man thinks.

I'm halfway through watching it (it actually starts about 9 minutes in, after some music and shots of the live crowd) and this man is a *slippery snake*. He's loosey-goosey, you can't pin him down on anything. The woman asking him questions (which I am sure he knew ahead of time what they would be) is not getting any solid answers for anything. He beats around the bush, says there's been "conversations about this for thousands of years, isn't that great, it's so exciting.. yada yada yada....." but then always arrives at, "nobody knows for sure, but it's fun wrestling with it".

At one point he says "there's no video evidence to show us".... well hello, we have a BIBLE that *tells us*.... but no, he won't be pinned down to any solid "dogma". :tsk

Gotta wonder why this man is a "pastor" (I use that term loosly)..... except maybe just to sell some books.

ETA: (I'm still watching the video, so commenting as I go) the lady interviewing him just revealed that she is JEWISH - and that the idea that Jesus is the only way to heaven, offends her. Rob Bell had a wonderful opportunity here to introduce her to Jesus the Messiah, but no, he had to beat around the bush and allow her to believe that God has probably made allowances for her (dual covenant)..... rather than try to offer her the gift of salvation!!

* He keeps talking about "bringing heaven to earth".

* Mathew 7 - "Wide is the road that leads to destruction and narrow is the path that leads to life" - apparently Jesus was only telling us to have more "intention" about devoting yourself to something. "Don't lose the plot on what it means to be human". That is all.

* To Rob Bell, "The Great Commission" is just announcing the good news (that you probably are already saved I guess) that God is persuing and rescuing people, and then invite them into your faith community to share the love with you and everyone. (I am not making this up, that's what he said!!!)

* He just said that Psalm 22 - ALL people will be at the great banquet, so that means there's the possibility that ALL PEOPLE will be saved.

* The end of the video says it all. Rob Bell really rejects the Biblical Gospel message because a wrathful God who would punish someone for not accepting His Son, doesn't fit Bell's definition of love. He likens *that* God the Father to an abusive, punitive earthly father, who can't be trusted.

momoffaith
March 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
His message makes me want to :puke
The damage this man can do. Everyone is worried about nuclear/radiation fears and understandably so. But those can only hurt the body. What Bell is doing has the potential to eternally hurt so many souls!

billiefan2000
March 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Everyone is worried about nuclear/radiation fears and understandably so. But those can only hurt the body. What Bell is doing has the potential to eternally hurt so many souls!

you are so right and the damage his enablers in the churches who cant admit Bell is a Universalist is almost as bad.

truthwarrior
March 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Truely interesting video.

From what I could tell is that Rob Bell has a major chip on his shoulder coming from how he was raised by his parents. Maybe his parents raised him in a legalistic environment?? And instead of going to God's Word and finding out the truth he swings to the other side and makes up his own belief system (whatever that is- it so convoluted).

The problem is that there are many of these so-called pastors who went through the same issues and they are spewing their own poison on the church.