PDA

View Full Version : The DaVinci Code

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

aftwine
July 27th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Been away for awhile but great to be back.

Analyst Sees New Images in 'Last Supper'

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291229,00.html

"It came to mind to scan 'The Last Supper' and print it on transparent paper, then superimpose it in reverse on the original image. The result is a new painting, with other figures," Pesci said Wednesday at a news conference.

He just thought of as many ways possible to disrupt the original image to fill the distorted view of the people in the world who believe and fall for this crap.

zhan
July 28th, 2007, 08:14 AM
He might as well say "I painted in new figures, and after that everyone that looked at it SAW NEW FIGURES IN THE PAINTING 111!!11!!11one1"

:sigh

icebear
July 28th, 2007, 08:18 AM
well, isn't that special:mouse

pobsn
July 28th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Even if there were hidden images in DaVinci's paintings, why would we assume they had any significance at all? So what if DaVinci thought that Jesus married Mary Magdelene? I don't see any reason why we should respect his personal beliefs any more than anyone else's.

I could believe that Jesus went insane and spent his last years living with a herd of antelope in France but that doesn't make it true and I'd hope that other people wouldn't be gullible enough to believe I had some secret inside knowledge.

chicken little
July 29th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I could believe that Jesus went insane and spent his last years living with a herd of antelope in France but that doesn't make it true and I'd hope that other people wouldn't be gullible enough to believe I had some secret inside knowledge.

:aha:aha:aha

Grace
July 30th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Even if there were hidden images in DaVinci's paintings, why would we assume they had any significance at all? So what if DaVinci thought that Jesus married Mary Magdelene? I don't see any reason why we should respect his personal beliefs any more than anyone else's.

You are absolutely spot on!!:thumb:thumb

DaVinci's opinion.........whatever that might be ............ is just the opinion of a mere mortal man & does not have any significance whatsoever!!

Pagemistress
July 30th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure what Jesus' marriage (or lack thereof) is supposed to mean as far as Christianity goes.

What I mean is this...would it blow my faith apart if I were to learn that Jesus married? No...it might even have made sense given the time period and the social expectations of males His age. To discover He was married would not change who He is.

But the fact of the matter is that there is simply no record of Him having married. One of the apostles would surely have said "Mary Magdalene, wife of Jesus" if that had truly been the case. That they never mentioned it (nor have any other accounts) leads me to believe that Jesus was not married. The Bible doesn't say he was, so I will believe the Bible.

At the same time, I wonder what the "mainstream" obsession over this issue is really about. Is it that they think He would be less divine if He married? Is it that He would be more "human"? I just don't get it.

Kathe
July 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Davinci is just a painter who didn't even live in Jesus' time. He knew none of the apostles and had no first hand knowledge of what went on at the last supper. He was simply a man, with his opinion. That this opinion has spawned worldwide disbelief in Christ is pure satan.

I will choose to believe the word of God over any man.

Kathe

ATYCLB
July 30th, 2007, 08:26 PM
A computer analyst claims to have discovered new images in Leonardo Da Vinci's "The Last Supper," one of the world's most loved religious paintings.

I really don't think this is as big a deal as he thinks.

If I'm remembering correctly, canvas was so hard to come by back then that it was
common practice for painters to reuse them, painting over previous paintings. Although
I may be mistaken, I seem to recall DaVinci being one who did this.

Ladybug
July 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM
And not necessarily reuse a canvas, but be working on it, stand back and think 'I don't have that right, let me slap another layer of base coat on it and start over'. :lol2