PDA

View Full Version : Missionary Baptist Church

Pages : 1 [2] 3

kjlistrom
June 12th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I havent read in the scriputures that you have to have an ordained minister to baptize you. I feel that if I wanted to and the rest of my immediate family agreed, I would and could baptize my own children and it is just as good a baptism as mine was.
I have to agree with you, I always have thought the same. When my dear wife was baptized I helped our Preacher and it was the most beautiful thing.

kjlistrom
June 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I started going there because of the time and having to work on Sundays, but am now back going to the Calvary Chaple. After about a week they sent me a letter and said that I was out of fellowship with them and that I was chasing after sin and was not welcome there till I restored myself back to fellowship with them in repentance.
I'll continue to go to the Calvary Chaple. I have enough trouble with sin, let alone chasing after it.

BlessedinHim
June 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM
oh my goodness . . . . I would stay away from that church, too!

There is a biblical way of handling those who have gone off in sin and what they did isnt even biblical . . . .

The bible says to talk to that brother and if there is no repentence, then take another with you for a witness and talk again, and if there is still no repentence, then go before the whole congregation(this is a big part of the why that unbelievers should net be attending a church gathering) and bring the problem there, and if there is still no repentence, you shake the dust off ya feet and you are done with them then. That is off the top of my head, I should get the scripture for it to make sure of the exactness of it.

ugghhh, cant find it right this minute . . .

kjlistrom
June 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
oh my goodness . . . . I would stay away from that church, too!

There is a biblical way of handling those who have gone off in sin and what they did isnt even biblical . . . .

The bible says to talk to that brother and if there is no repentence, then take another with you for a witness and talk again, and if there is still no repentence, then go before the whole congregation(this is a big part of the why that unbelievers should net be attending a church gathering) and bring the problem there, and if there is still no repentence, you shake the dust off ya feet and you are done with them then. That is off the top of my head, I should get the scripture for it to make sure of the exactness of it.

ugghhh, cant find it right this minute . . .You don't need to find it for my part, as I have read it many times.

One did come and talk with me and I asked him to show me where it says that they were the only Body of Christ and he said that you get it in little snibets here and there in scripture. I knew I would be getting the letter so before he left I said that this was not a sin issue but a issue with understanding God's word, his or mine understanding. Didn't matter though because in the letter they sent, it was about chasing after sin.

BlessedinHim
June 12th, 2009, 09:16 PM
if you know where this scripture is, post it for my benefit?

kjlistrom
June 13th, 2009, 12:41 PM
if you know where this scripture is, post it for my benefit?I will, I'm at work right now so I'll get it tonight and post it tomarrow afternoon.

kjlistrom
June 14th, 2009, 04:24 PM
if you know where this scripture is, post it for my benefit?
This is the letter that was sent to me,

It is with much sorrow of heart that we must inform you of the disciplinary action taken against you, due to your lack of attendance and fellowship. We have done this in accordance to Hebrews 10:23-31 and 2 Thessalonians 3:6. Done by order of the church May 10,2009.

Hebrews 10:23-31 is about chasing after sin. Like I said, I have enough trouble with sin, let alone chasing after it besides.
I left because of their interpetation of Gods word and mine didn't line up.

BlessedinHim
June 14th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I am dumbfounded! Before they go sending stuff like that out they really should make sure of why they are doing it. I hope they have examined the log in their own eyes . . .

HeIsEnough
June 14th, 2009, 08:00 PM
It is with much sorrow of heart that we must inform you of the disciplinary action taken against you, due to your lack of attendance and fellowship.

I wouldn't waste another second worrying about them if I were you. Any sort of exclusiveness, like they claim, is cultish. Their behavior seems to follow.

Lynn
June 14th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't waste another second worrying about them if I were you. Any sort of exclusiveness, like they claim, is cultish. Their behavior seems to follow.

Agreed. I would be praying that God would open their eyes to the truth of His Word and their own behavior in light of it. I feel sorry for people caught up in groups (churches) like this. They think they're okay, because they're in the 'right church.' Even though they verbally agree with the gospel message, they seem to have added exra-biblical man-made requirements that they put on par with Scripture. Not good.