PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

IBRedeemed
December 29th, 2007, 09:15 PM
This would be great to carry in bear country, loaded with slugs and 00 buck :target:target

http://www.tromix.com/images/SWATLg.jpg

Modified Saiga 12ga. SWAT barrell, 10rd mag, collapsible stock, Eotech sight, etc. :target

name1
December 29th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Okay, where can I find, and how much is the above pictured shotgun :D EDIT: Nevermind, found it :D $1350 from Tromix.com so... tempting!

living4JC
December 30th, 2007, 11:39 AM
:yeah IT CAME!!! My conceal/carry permit arrived in the mail yesterday, and it shouldn't have arrived until around the 18th of January! I applied back on the 19th of December, and apparently the Sheriff was in a good mood or something, because they normally take the full 30 days they have by state law! :yeah So now I need to finalize my decision, and figure out what to buy..... decisions, decisions.....

Joseph The Carpenter
December 30th, 2007, 02:53 PM
:yeah IT CAME!!! My conceal/carry permit arrived in the mail yesterday, and it shouldn't have arrived until around the 18th of January! I applied back on the 19th of December, and apparently the Sheriff was in a good mood or something, because they normally take the full 30 days they have by state law! :yeah So now I need to finalize my decision, and figure out what to buy..... decisions, decisions.....

:waveWelcome to the club:yeah
A high quality firearm always goes up in value:thumb

Clutch Cargo
December 30th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Great thread, and many good posts.

After the church shootings in Colorado I made brief mention of it to a British man in my church. His answer, of course, is to completely ban all guns. The conversation after that turned a little heated, so I dropped the subject for the sake of harmony. Come to think of it, almost every time I talk to him he finds something he doesn't like about this country.

I think a point not yet made is the fact that the mere presence of a firearm is often a deterrent to crime. More often than not these don't get reported and are not included in statistical data. It is easy to want to wave a magic wand and have the problem disappear, but it simply isn't the world in which we live. In the United States, were we to ban firearms altogether the carnage would only increase, in my opinion, because we have little or no control over our borders. Not a small amount of drugs come over the southern border......... imagine the trade in illegal weapons that would ensue should a ban be put in place on legal weapons. It would make Prohibition look like a church pot-luck. It might be more workable in island nations with well-guarded coastlines, but here in the States we have enemies to the south, some to the north (and some in Congress) :panic

I appreciate the arguments concerning a Christian response to violence. I would not desire to take a life, but to stand helplessly by and watch violence done to a friend, loved one or church member would be more than I could take. I figure that I would try to intervene in some way, so why not do it in such a manner as to come out the victor? Again, just because you have a firearm does not mean that someone is certain to die. It was not a deterrent in Colorado Springs in the sense that the shooter gave up his rampage, but it was a deterrent in that it prevented a further huge loss of life. I think it was justified morally and legally. I don't relish the shooter's death, but I am grateful that the carnage was stopped. Could God have sent an angel to stop the bullets mid-flight? Of course He could. But just as He doesn't see fit to intervene in my free will in overloading my fork and putting it to my mouth (hence my thirty or so extra pounds), God didn't see fit to intervene in this individuals free will to pick up inanimate objects and do murder with them. I do believe that God used a brave woman to stop the murder, however, and it was accomplished with the presence of another firearm.

Alas, I live in Southern California where my chances of getting a CCW are about as good as satan's chances of redemption. I work in law enforcement, but am not sworn. I do have a badge that helps me get into a parking garage or two though! :yeah

Once again, great and thought-provoking thread.

XD Joe
December 31st, 2007, 12:08 PM
Welcome aboard, Clutch! Join in the fun!